Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

12 hours ago, bamber said:

In 1983 Mandela had been in prison for 20 years. Elton had no excuse. I don't care how much he says he regretted it. In 83 he should just have known better. This came out a few months later, this was the mood of the time he went there. Not right, unforgivable.

Any excuse to post this:

• Like 1

Just now, Gnomicide said:

Related to headliners but hopefully not this year, has there been a wet one since U2? I don't remember it raining at any of the ones I've been at.

Yeah I was thinking about this not long ago. Possibly the odd shower here and there, although tbh I don’t even remember that, and definitely not anything like U2 or even anything mildly inconvenient. I dread it every year but seem to have avoided it, thus far…

1 hour ago, clarkete said:

Aye, that figure they quote at the end of Rocketman is extraordinary - bigger than a tory peers corrupt earnings. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elton_John_AIDS_Foundation

https://www.eltonjohn.com/charities

Insane number that, was expecting around 50 mil tops before clicking the link (still a impressive number that!)

3 hours ago, NorthernSoul52 said:

Thought it rained a bit during Coldplay in '16 but I could be misremembering.

It rained before hand and the mud was horrendous (stopped me from going over to the Other for LCD Soundsystem) but it cleared up as they came on. Have my hood up in pictures so it may have been a bit drizzly 

5 hours ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

It rained before hand and the mud was horrendous (stopped me from going over to the Other for LCD Soundsystem) but it cleared up as they came on. Have my hood up in pictures so it may have been a bit drizzly 

That whole day was a trial - I was watching PJ Harvey on the Other Stage & actually fell asleep standing up (didn't think that was actually possible until it happened to me!)

Stayed for LCD, but didn't really enjoy it, even though I knew it was brilliant! I was just too tired!

4 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

Not exactly breaking news...but I was on the train last night, happened to be sitting next to a concert promoter, it's definitely the Arctic Monkeys Friday night he said. 

Yep I don't think either remaining headliner is getting their own announcement and unless they are waiting until the end of March to drop the poster I think the poster may be the next announcement that we get. 

10 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Yep I don't think either remaining headliner is getting their own announcement and unless they are waiting until the end of March to drop the poster I think the poster may be the next announcement that we get. 

if ta headliner announcement isn't going to get a "that's fantastic" response its not worth giving it it's own announcement. 

1 minute ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

I see where the next five pages of this thread are going already. 

Round like a circle in a spiral, like a wheel within a wheel

Never ending or beginning on an ever spinning reel

Like a snowball down a mountain, or a carnival balloon

Like a carousel that's turning running rings around the moon

Like a clock whose hands are sweeping past the minutes of its face

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3