Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Neil said:

Most of the gnr fans are back in 1991.

Yeah good times 🤣 I understand your point of not liking the headliners and needs to be worth your money. I was the same for 2019 . Money was an issue and I don't like the line up and I had problems getting my dog looked after as my daughter was doing her exams. So I didn't pay my balance off . Then I sorted out my dog issues and got in with Oxfam a week before Glastonbury started. For £20 I had I brilliant time 👏👏👏 how about volunteering with Oxfam?  They had volunteers who'd recently broken bones etc etc and they did all there shifts in the Oxfam field checking ID 

6 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Yeah good times 🤣 I understand your point of not liking the headliners and needs to be worth your money. I was the same for 2019 . Money was an issue and I don't like the line up and I had problems getting my dog looked after as my daughter was doing her exams. So I didn't pay my balance off . Then I sorted out my dog issues and got in with Oxfam a week before Glastonbury started. For £20 I had I brilliant time 👏👏👏 how about volunteering with Oxfam?  They had volunteers who'd recently broken bones etc etc and they did all there shifts in the Oxfam field checking ID 

Thanks, mot sure I'd be much good for lots of stuff, with my didabilities. 

8 minutes ago, gazzared said:

How did you get in with oxfam a week before? fill in a drop out or something - i swear it fills up instantly around feb?

6 minutes ago, gfa said:

How did you get in with oxfam a week before? fill in a drop out or something - i swear it fills up instantly around feb?

Constantly refreshing the Oxfam page 🤣 , a few others got in at the same time as me 

Yeah must have been a few drop outs 

Edited by gazzared

1 hour ago, Neil said:

Most of the gnr fans are back in 1991.

It could be argued the fans of quite a few headliners are stuck back in a certain age as let's face it , a large number of headliners are way beyond releasing their best material . The Who, The Stones, The Cure , McCartney, the Killers, Coldplay , Foo Fighters , Radiohead etc.  

10 minutes ago, Wald said:

Not one to agree with the tyrant running this site but Guns n' Roses are an abysmal booking no matter how you try to square it

Feel like we’ve done this to death by now but yes 100%.
No new music in 15 years, and over 30 years since a good album.

Famously unreliable lead singer who can’t sing very well anymore. 

Yes they can shift tickets but they’re in no way relevant and will be atrocious viewing for anyone other than their fans.

They’d be a great Download headliner but for Glastonbury in 2023 it’s a real head scratcher 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

11 hours ago, Pr0paneNightm4re said:

Feel like we’ve done this to death by now but yes 100%.
No new music in 15 years, and over 30 years since a good album.

Famously unreliable lead singer who can’t sing very well anymore. 

Yes they can shift tickets but they’re in no way relevant and will be atrocious viewing for anyone other than their fans.

They’d be a great Download headliner but for Glastonbury in 2023 it’s a real head scratcher 

thought you were describing Oasis for a minute 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Wald said:

Not one to agree with the tyrant running this site but Guns n' Roses are an abysmal booking no matter how you try to square it

There are plenty of ways to square it that make it look good. They’re a stadium sized rock act, a bit heavier than Glastonbury normally books, that Emily wants and seem keen. You might not like it but others will.

18 hours ago, SERRIDGER said:

It could be argued the fans of quite a few headliners are stuck back in a certain age as let's face it , a large number of headliners are way beyond releasing their best material . The Who, The Stones, The Cure , McCartney, the Killers, Coldplay , Foo Fighters , Radiohead etc.  

Exactly. That’s never been a reason to not book acts. It’s also not really an issue in the era of Spotify etc. Anyone can familiarise themselves with anyone in minutes.

• Like 1