Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Since the discussion has run out of steam I thought I'd throw in my two cents. We can categorise headliners into three distinct groups:

Known knowns (Elton John) - confirmed, announced, set in stone

Known unknowns (Arctic Monkeys) - tour dates aligning, history with the festival, act at the peak of their powers (although maybe not in a live setting)

Unknown unknowns - Is there a curveball that hasn't been considered? What of the wildcard, the joker in the pack, the leftfield choice which has been kept so tightly under wraps we've not heard a peep?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Wald said:

Since the discussion has run out of steam I thought I'd throw in my two cents. We can categorise headliners into three distinct groups:

Known unknowns (Arctic Monkeys) - tour dates aligning, history with the festival, act at the peak of their powers (although maybe not in a live setting)

Unknown unknowns - Is there a curveball that hasn't been considered? What of the wildcard, the joker in the pack, the leftfield choice which has been kept so tightly under wraps we've not heard a peep?

The curveball was Guns n Roses.

7 hours ago, BambooShanks said:

Stop.  I haven't even been able to watch it back because it would only make me feel worse for missing them.

I can tell myself that I've already seen them a few times before and it's no great loss but damn, it's up there as one of my biggest glaso regrets.

If it makes you feel better I missed Blur in 2008, Killers in 2019 and The Right Bazza/Chic double, also in 2019. 

1 hour ago, Wald said:

We can put denial in the known knowns

Edited by gfa

8 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Two greens. Impressive. 

Screenshot_20230228_230350_Chrome.thumb.jpg.81de2ee53a7be2f76fe898dd639beb57.jpg

Don't think we're moving fast enough. Should I grumpily inform the people that the field is going to be empty and you suggest they headline the other, or would you prefer it the other way around?

3 hours ago, Wald said:

Well they arent getting Kate Bush and Rihanna is pregnant, so what else were you hoping for. Dua is in the studio, Gaga is filming a movie. Pulp is the biggest non headliner theyre ending up with and nobody would be upset if their name was on top of Friday instead of Arctics. 

Edited by Suprefan

11 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well they arent getting Kate Bush and Rihanna is pregnant, so what else were you hoping for. Dua is in the studio, Gaga is filming a movie. Pulp is the biggest non headliner theyre ending up with and nobody would be upset if their name was on top of Friday instead of Arctics. 

Look I love Pulp but all this talk of then headlining above AM is absolutely bonkers

22 minutes ago, Neil said:

including the original gnr story being bollocks.

Are you back at the denial stage? I thought you’d moved on to acceptance. 

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, stuie said:

Are you back at the denial stage? I thought you’d moved on to acceptance. 

there's gnr and then there's the story their name came with. i have my own source for gnr, that doesn't have a ridiculous story attached.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

there's gnr and then there's the story their name came with. i have my own source for gnr, that doesn't have a ridiculous story attached.

All paths lead to the same place though, don’t they?