Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

Just now, Neil said:

am already having several discussions with serious people (one of which i know anyway) which should progress rapidly in the next few days.

these serious people have already provided proof of funds.

this forum makes me sick reading it half the time. yes neill is in the wrong. but the mans recovering from major trauma. the main stays off this forum with their clever sarcastic wit, whilst acting high and mighty, know exactly what they are doing poking the bear. neils calling them trolls which isnt the case. they are reputable contirubutors, but knowingly and willingly gode neil and contribute to the site being unbearble. by all ganging up on a site owner thats not solving a thing and be careful what you wish for because if this site goes alot of people will have to find something else to procrastinate with during work hours. 

Edited by Dazmandingo96
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6

19 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

this forum makes me sick reading it half the time. yes neill is in the wrong. but the mans recovering from major trauma. the main stays off this forum with their clever sarcastic wit, whilst acting high and mighty, know exactly what they are doing poking the bear. neils calling them trolls which isnt the case. they are reputable contirubutors, but knowingly and willingly gode neil and contribute to the site being unbearble. by all ganging up on a site owner thats not solving a thing and be careful what you wish for because if this site goes alot of people will have to find something else to procrastinate with during work hours. 

Pull the other one. He just waltzed into a one hour old "what are you excited about" thread waving the "not GNR!" flag. 

It's not ganging up, it's the birthday boy being the only one crying at his own party. 

Edited by BenG92

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

See, now we are getting somewhere, a two way conversation where opinions are shared.

Who would you say if the acts touring and headlining festivals in 2023 would be better? Excluding the likes of Taylor, Beyoncé, Coldplay etc who have tour dates that rule them out.

This is not a question designed to trip you up or troll, genuinely curious to see who you’d suggest instead.

Pulp or Blur right? That's why it's a bit of a weird one, with those two acts clearly available and good relationships with the festival, if you need a late replacement for Taylor... GnR are a weird one.

I agree with what someone else said - I don't think GnR were drafted in as a replacement for Taylor at all. That was either Elton/ or the other headliner, or she was never in the frame at all. Elton moving the Paris date does suggest he wasn't locked in early.

I might be misremembering, but didn't the first GnR rumours surface before Taylor's US dates came out? And they were widely dismissed by posters on here as Taylor was "nailed on" ?

2 hours ago, fraybentos1 said:

What happened to you selling efests Neil? Anything we can all do to help make it happen?? 

There's close to zero chance any future eFests owner keeps these forums open, so I'd enjoy it why you can!

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Dazmandingo96 said:

It’s over from me. He fired abuse off as I questioned why it was a mistake to believe gnr from someone else and not him when he’s come with the same info. Any discussion turns into an argument so I won’t engage any further. 

Edited by stuie
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

There's close to zero chance any future eFests owner keeps these forums open, so I'd enjoy it why you can!

Why do you honestly think this

info comes from here, which drives traffic

2 minutes ago, gfa said:

Why do you honestly think this

info comes from here, which drives traffic

Forums are a dying thing. Young people don't really use them - it's all Facebook groups, Discord and probably something totally new I'm too old to know about. Plus comments on articles No-one is going to purchase a site like this to keep it running for us oldies. They'll want to modernise it. Seen it over the past ten years with a lot of sites, especially after acquisition. In tech/games Reedpop shut down the popular forums on pretty much everything they acquired. Same with GO Media. If you can find me a single example of a site with a forum that's been acquired in the past five years and not had the forum shut down I'd be amazed.

8 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Pulp or Blur right? That's why it's a bit of a weird one, with those two acts clearly available and good relationships with the festival, if you need a late replacement for Taylor... GnR are a weird one.

There's many reasons why it's panned out the way it has.  Maybe the bands didn't want to repeat themselves, maybe the festival didn’t want too many third timers given it's already got a repeat on its hands in the form of AM.  Unlikely but maybe the money didn't work out, or Pulp are doing a secret set or Damon wanted the weekend off to go as a punter.

It's even possible that Emily thinks GnR are a decent booking given that they're one of the huge stadium rock bands who've never played the festival before.

10 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

You'd think the festival would have been well aware of Pulp and Blur's availability long before their dates were announced, especially given they both have close ties to the festival.

Blur it seems like there isn't much appetite from the band to headline again, feeling seems to be that they absolutely nailed it in 09 and there isn't any desire to potentially taint that.

Pulp it seems that the festival has chosen to look elsewhere for headliners, still fully expect them to play though, either as the Friday sub or a secret set somewhere.

1 minute ago, DeanoL said:

If you can find me a single example of a site with a forum that's been acquired in the past five years and not had the forum shut down I'd be amazed.

ResetEra got acquired for $4.5m in 2021. I appreciate it's only one example and for sure forums are old hat, but there's still an audience. 

9 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

ResetEra got acquired for $4.5m in 2021. I appreciate it's only one example and for sure forums are old hat, but there's still an audience. 

There's more than the forums to traffic on here. 

45 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Forums are a dying thing. Young people don't really use them - it's all Facebook groups, Discord and probably something totally new I'm too old to know about. Plus comments on articles No-one is going to purchase a site like this to keep it running for us oldies. They'll want to modernise it. Seen it over the past ten years with a lot of sites, especially after acquisition. In tech/games Reedpop shut down the popular forums on pretty much everything they acquired. Same with GO Media. If you can find me a single example of a site with a forum that's been acquired in the past five years and not had the forum shut down I'd be amazed.

I agree with most forums but many i'm on died several years ago with the rest still going very strong. This place is showing no signs of death at the moment - it may happen some day but thats not for a good few years yet.

2 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Not too long ago Neil did a fundraiser to keep the site going and a lot of people pitched in. Not to mention all the gold members. Disgraceful behaviour from him but what’s new!

Not quite true … I did the fundraiser to help with getting neil to the festival because of his stroke . Don’t remember neil doing one