Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, scatteredscreens said:

Wow, what a funny joke Neil, thanks, I'm absolutely creasing.

Unlike you to make someone laugh I don't have to punch down on a group of people who are having a horrendous time. A trans girl was murdered less than a month ago btw. But let's just make a laugh at their expense shall we?

if its punching down on anyone its punching down on the sort of feminist who might say all men are potential rapists, and no one is taking offence on behalf of all men about that.

7 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

You’re totally missing out on the fact that the original trio was AM, Taylor and Elton, and then Taylor dropped out and was replaced with GnR, so not booking AM was never an option as the original trio ticked the right boxes. They COULD have bumped Lizzo up from her Taylor sub slot and weakened the lineup in the name of diversity, but instead they decided to keep her as a sub and book another huge stadium act above her. 

Or Emily is telling the truth and they weren't in a position to book Lizzo for any slot when GnR confirmed, so couldn't have have Lizzo headlining if they wanted to.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Even if I tried to explain to you it would go over your head, but it’s fine I saw this coming anyway.

It’s a huge shame Neil that you continue to piss on something that used to be great by saying completely careless things.

Message to any efest users here:
If anyone continues to be disappointed by what they read by Neil and would like a much nicer platform to discuss festival news. Feel free to DM me.

Is this the discord thingy people have been telling me about, or is there another alternative? Discord has a really good setup.

27 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Florence was never headliner level and put on a particularly uninspiring show, at least on telly. Pulp 95 it wasn't.

Fuck me, I've accidentally posted about the headliners on this thread, I guess I'm here now, so...

Saying all rapists are potential women is a transphobic dog whistle and I condemn it.

I'd rather talk about the headliners, so will duck out of the discussion now until that's the topic of the thread again.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Neil said:

@matt42

if you're right that here is all about you, and you're right about here going downhill, then by your own logic, you know you're going downhill.

The fact that this is your interpretation of everything I’ve said and what is going on is frankly laughable.

21 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

The headliners was always the topic of this thread. It’s others who have hijacked it.

Others responded but it was very much one person whose ‘joke’ hijacked this thread. Before that it was a pretty open and fair discussion about gender equality in the headliners. 

I’ll see Elton, GNR and, I’m considering her a headliner, Lizzo

4 minutes ago, DJL said:

Others responded but it was very much one person whose ‘joke’ hijacked this thread. Before that it was a pretty open and fair discussion about gender equality in the headliners. 

Lizzo fits into the “I’d like to see her, clashes permitting” category for me.

19 minutes ago, DJL said:

Indeed, I was quite enjoying the discussion tbh.