Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

7 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Off the top of my head, mid-may at the very earliest, but takes several weeks for everything to get sent out from whenever they do start.

Royal Mail a bit fucked at the moment too - our postal votes took two weeks to be delivered and arrived the day after we were supposed to have returned them.  Presumably that's cheapest possible delivery method though and not to add (too much) to the panic.

eek, wondering the logistics of one person in the resale group being down south and the rest in Scotland... they don't know each other either. putting trust in sending something on seems worrying. what happens if a ticket gets lost?!

2 minutes ago, svphie said:

eek, wondering the logistics of one person in the resale group being down south and the rest in Scotland... they don't know each other either. putting trust in sending something on seems worrying. what happens if a ticket gets lost?!

the scotland people are presumably heading south for the festival ? 

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

the scotland people are presumably heading south for the festival ? 

😅 you've thought this through!   Pain in the ass - one of your suggestions on the previous page is for people to try to group geographically - but less painful than not going

1 minute ago, p.pete said:

😅 you've thought this through!   Pain in the ass - one of your suggestions on the previous page is for people to try to group geographically - but less painful than not going

we've discussed it in a fair bit of detail .... theres usually some way round it . in a group of say 100 people .... someone might well be heading in the rough direction of the ticket holder 

54 minutes ago, doogie said:

Not sure that's right.  I definitely remember a time (2017 I think) when a person outside my group of 4 got my group's tickets in the resale, then when I called See Tickets a few weeks later to see where the tickets were, they said they were being sent to the person who'd made the booking (i.e. the person who'd paid for the tickets).  It was okay though as the payer was able to change the delivery address to somebody in the group by calling See Tickets.

Maybe it’s changed slightly then 

9AF58A1F-260D-46DB-A9DF-BB1E7141B8FF.png

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, a6l6e6x said:

So yesterday did you just need to submit the reg codes and pick a bus then the email was just sent to the lead booker? 
sorry if this has been answered

im trying for 4 on Sunday 

Pretty much yep although select the departure day was the first option 

58 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Off the top of my head, mid-may at the very earliest, but takes several weeks for everything to get sent out from whenever they do start.

Royal Mail a bit fucked at the moment too - our postal votes took two weeks to be delivered and arrived the day after we were supposed to have returned them.  Presumably that's cheapest possible delivery method though and not to add (too much) to the panic.

Glastonbury tickets are always sent by special delivery and guaranteed next day before 1pm. I'm a postie and can assure you there's no need to worry!

2 hours ago, andrewm1997 said:

Was anyone successful using the direct URL link rather than going through the main See tickets page? Seems alot of people got booted out either straight away or trying to confirm tickets using the link

I used the direct link, got through at 5.59 and managed to checkout by 6.02. Hoping for the same luck (this time for myself) on Sunday. 🤞🏻

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, broken monkey said:

I used the direct link, got through at 5.59 and managed to checkout by 6.02. Hoping for the same luck (this time for myself) on Sunday. 🤞🏻

Did you click the direct link, then just keep refreshing?

2 minutes ago, Jack.194 said:

Hi, can someone explain to me the difference between the two links you are talking about ?   I was planning on just clicking through from the Glastonbury website https://glastonbury.seetickets.com - is there another link that may work better ? Or not work better ?  

We are trying for 4 tickets but not part of any of the resale groups on here.  There will be 4 or 5 of us trying to get it - fingers crossed for us all x

7 minutes ago, Pauladuncan70 said:

Hi, can someone explain to me the difference between the two links you are talking about ?   I was planning on just clicking through from the Glastonbury website https://glastonbury.seetickets.com - is there another link that may work better ? Or not work better ?  

We are trying for 4 tickets but not part of any of the resale groups on here.  There will be 4 or 5 of us trying to get it - fingers crossed for us all x

Pot luck … the one on the site works for me 

2 hours ago, doogie said:

Not sure that's right.  I definitely remember a time (2017 I think) when a person outside my group of 4 got my group's tickets in the resale, then when I called See Tickets a few weeks later to see where the tickets were, they said they were being sent to the person who'd made the booking (i.e. the person who'd paid for the tickets).  It was okay though as the payer was able to change the delivery address to somebody in the group by calling See Tickets.

In your scenario, what almost certainly happened is that the person making the payment unintentionally overrode the default.

Basically - when you go to pay, the form where it asks for a delivery address is pre-populated with the lead bookers details.

If the person paying had left the lead booker details unchanged when they paid, then the delivery address would have been that of the lead booker. However, it sounds like they instead replaced the Lead Bookers details with their own - manually setting a different one.

Not that it matters for Sunday (and potentially not going forward if they continue with deferred payment), but on that page the Delivery Address details and the Payment Card details are entirely unconnected and don't need to match up at all.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Oll678 said:

Anyone have any tips to try and get on early? i've heard people struggling to put in their details through the direct link so just wondered anyone who's gotten through was it pot luck or did you have a stratergy? Thanks

direct link got me in twice ..... tickets already purchased for reg and then bus kept selling out for bristol 

9 hours ago, rgill3 said:

Some people were concerned that influencers could use their large platform to give their details out and then have their followers try for them.

I personally can't see this being too much of a regular occurrence although I'm not ruling out that it could happen.

I agree. I can’t imagine many influencers are going to be willing to give out their postcodes to their fans. 

Edited by jamafa

3 hours ago, Euphoricape said:

Where can I find the direct link please..?

@Crazyfool01has been very successful the last few years, so his is sage advice.

4 hours ago, Oll678 said:

Anyone have any tips to try and get on early? i've heard people struggling to put in their details through the direct link so just wondered anyone who's gotten through was it pot luck or did you have a stratergy? Thanks

No, some get on a min or so early but it's pot luck - others fail on the same url at the same time. I tried a min before that and got holding page, but then bounced back to the event not being available yet. 

6 hours ago, Jack.194 said:

Had 4 different browsers/windows open. 3 had the main standard ticket link and the other with the direct link refreshed automatically into the registration page just before 6pm. 

Can’t remember if I refreshed it manually tbh, was bit of a blur at the time.