Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

2 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

well over 100 people trying and we might have ended up with 3 tickets ..... for 14 groups . grim stats hence this is my first post sale post today . 

Same grim stats all around and I really think that some people could be right that they oversold in November so a really small amount back in the pot after everything balancing out

I might be in the minority but I preferred the old system, purely to feel like the smashing of F5 was having some effect. Now I just sit watching the same page and then get a twitter alert that it’s sold out. 

Even thought it’s heartbreaking I preferred getting through to the payment screen even if it failed because it felt like something was happening 😂

I managed to get  sorted in the initial sale 15 minutes after it had “sold out” but that was because of scanning these pages and reading them  every day so I suppose the reward was being a bit more invested than people not on here!

20 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

It seems fairly clear that there were not many tickets available in the resale. We will never know the numbers but i can easily believe that its as simple as almost everyone who secured tickets in november actually paid for them. It doesnt need to be any more complex or tin foil hat than that. November to April is what 5 months? Not loads of time for circumstances to have changed significantly such that you’d drop your ticket.

Theories such as overselling in november are spurious at best. They cannot oversell, all the tickets come from the same pot.

They absolutely can oversell if something goes wrong with the See system that allowed sales to go through over the limit.

We're not talking about extra tickets being sold, we're talking about tickets being sold that shouldn't have been.

Glasto and See would then have had the chance to refund those over the limit as sold in error, or hope they would be covered by relinquished tickets leading to a smaller resale.

Going by the high number of people who got tickets between 10.15 and 10.30am in November, when the sold out message went up at 9.45am, I would say "spurious at best" is a bit silly.

6 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

The fact I’m hearing so many people saying it’s the first time they’ve missed out for 10 years or so, makes me think they’ve got the system right. Always seemed to be a closed shop from the outside. I tried for 5 years without any luck before I got organised.

Commiserations to those that have missed out this team.

Agree. To be honest it's far better if loads of people get to go who have never experienced Glastonbury before and try unsuccessfully for tickets each year, then people who have been many times before.

I’ve said it before here but I think there is a better way of doing it but I would still have it be this style of sale rather than ballot etc. My 2 ideas would be:

- Increase the price of or the deposit  (obvs minus that off the total cost of the ticket) or scrap the deposit entirely.

- Have the sale be at something like 4am on a Monday morning

It would cut the wheat from the chaff a little bit and give the dedicates a small increase in the chances of getting a ticket.

I have a ticket from the main sale and looking at this process this morning I say the process does need changing. 

The system is the system. I don’t think people who haven’t gone before should get priority over people who have or vice versa.

The only people that should be at a disadvantage are the attendees who are going for the sake of going and not particularly interested/the ‘influencers’, and people that piss on the land 👍🏻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ssarahwilson said:

does anyone have any info on when any previous secret resales were?

1 hour ago, sedra said:

doesnt happen anymore sadly

1 hour ago, Skier68 said:

Used to be that they would just pop up on glastonbury.seetickets.com randomly in mid / late May, and be gone 2 mins later. They havent done them for probably the last 6 or 7 years now though so reckon your chances are negligable.

Screenshot_20230423_101736_Chrome.thumb.jpg.336e85c66dbe0a7a1a1d580be10a9f7a.jpg

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

Sorry to say it.... But we need a mud bath this year!!!!

Outside of the place getting absolutely fucked with rivers pouring through the tents like ‘05/‘07 (which, even being ticketless, I would never wish on the festival) I don’t think it’s gonna make much difference at all. It’s hard to see how demand is gonna be going down in the foreseeable future and it’s only gonna get tougher to secure tickets as popularity grows and grows.

23 minutes ago, briddj said:

They absolutely can oversell if something goes wrong with the See system that allowed sales to go through over the limit.

We're not talking about extra tickets being sold, we're talking about tickets being sold that shouldn't have been.

Glasto and See would then have had the chance to refund those over the limit as sold in error, or hope they would be covered by relinquished tickets leading to a smaller resale.

Going by the high number of people who got tickets between 10.15 and 10.30am in November, when the sold out message went up at 9.45am, I would say "spurious at best" is a bit silly.

I bagged 2 tickets for someone at 10:30am in November well after sold out message