Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Didn't necessarily reduce demand in the sale...

1 October 2015 (Thu): Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 23 minutes
4 October (Sun): General tickets on sale - Sold out in 33 minutes

6 October 2016 (Thu): Coach packages on sale - Sold out in 22 minutes
9 October (Sun): General tickets on sale - Sold out in 50 minutes

https://theglastonburythingy.weebly.com/when-does.html

33 minutes to 50 minutes.... So it took 51% longer... 

Am I missing something?

Edited by Alvoram

5 hours ago, DareToDibble said:

I think this is the issue I have. I sit on the holding screen F5ing and never seem to get in. You genuinely question sometimes if what you’re doing is even working 😅

I have never done the F5 thing. I have always simply gone with what Glastonbury advise to do. Don't have multiple screens open and don't constantly refresh. I have no more than 2 browsers per device open at any one time and when I get in the holding queue simply sit and watch the counter count down from 30 to 0. Worked/works for me but I really am not sure as at end of the day an element of luck needed. But I have never bashed away at the old F5 key.

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Well the anecdotal evidence is absolutely no different. 

We all know payments failed, but we don't know why ticket sales started going through again for 20 minutes some 30 minutes after the SOLD OUT signs had gone up. 

We don't know why that is. Was the portal incorrectly reopened for a short time? Or was it failed payments? Or was it a bit of both causing an oversell?

No theory is any less valid unless you can categorically say what it was. 

And it's far from the most outlandish theory about Glastonbury that's been posted on here!

Tickets that had been held while people were having issues with payments were getting put back into the pot, is why sales could still happen after the sold out sign.

There are a finite number of tickets. The tickets will have some sort of serial code that is marked off as it is held and then sold. 

A theory can absolutely be less valid if you have no supporting evidence for it, even if it can't categorically be proven.

1 minute ago, clarkete said:

Ahh ok, makes sense. 

Well... Bring on the sun... Same grind this October / November then!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

That’s definitely a £1000 per person job minimum.

Try £5k. £9800. I emailed because the wife was unsuccessful. She couldn't commit in November due to stepsons GCSE timetable. Now she's got it and he would have finished by the time Glastonbury would be here. She tried in the resale. Didn't get a sniff. Very bittersweet for me. I wanted my 4 year old and wife with me.  Older kids randomly aren't interested. 

7 minutes ago, Stone_Love said:

Try £5k. £9800. I emailed because the wife was unsuccessful. She couldn't commit in November due to stepsons GCSE timetable. Now she's got it and he would have finished by the time Glastonbury would be here. She tried in the resale. Didn't get a sniff. Very bittersweet for me. I wanted my 4 year old and wife with me.  Older kids randomly aren't interested. 

Yeah bloke in work does the airstream ones and he gets a discount because he goes with some ex footballer friends that he grew up with but it's still 5 grand each, they treat it as a main holiday .

1 hour ago, briddj said:

Well the anecdotal evidence is absolutely no different. 

We all know payments failed, but we don't know why ticket sales started going through again for 20 minutes some 30 minutes after the SOLD OUT signs had gone up. 

We don't know why that is. Was the portal incorrectly reopened for a short time? Or was it failed payments? Or was it a bit of both causing an oversell?

No theory is any less valid unless you can categorically say what it was. 

And it's far from the most outlandish theory about Glastonbury that's been posted on here!

Did the sold out sign go up  or was it the all tickets are allocated that came up? We got tickets around 10.30 and kept refreshing as I didn’t see sold out. Who knows what happened apart from see tickets and the festival hierarchy . As for today, I reckon there just wasn’t too many back in the pot, for once the festival description of a very limited number available was spot on, unlike last year.

2 hours ago, Crazyfool01 said:

can’t see any prices on their website 

If you need to ask the price you can’t afford it. 

Not sure I’d do it even with that level of disposable income. Much prefer to be in the heart of the action and there’s better and closer VIP options if you have the funds. 

1 hour ago, Stone_Love said:

Yeah I just got an email back too, £9,800 for the pair with accommodation! I asked him if he ever wanted to sell just the festival tickets without the accommodation (they’re £1,620 for the pair) to let me know but he said he’s not allowed to. 

12 hours ago, duke88 said:

I’m struggling to comprehend how it’s less fair. Your chances of getting through are just as slim as they were before. But if you are lucky and do get through, you won’t get kicked out At payment and lose your tickets. Seems fairer to me.

Because no payment is needed

Previously you would have either needed someone willing to pay or that you were willing to share your card details with.

Now, absolutely anyone, or a bot, can chuck your details in for you with no need for any further input/trust from them.

The future of Glasto tickets is now going to be buying blocks on ###### etc. or people with good IT systems charging to enter your number 

8 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Previously you would have either needed someone willing to pay or that you were willing to share your card details with.

Now, absolutely anyone, or a bot, can chuck your details in for you with no need for any further input/trust from them.

The future of Glasto tickets is now going to be buying blocks on ###### etc. or people with good IT systems charging to enter your number 

I've no idea why dis cord has been hashed out above?

Edited by BBC7BBCHEAVEN

11 hours ago, LoveAndTheft said:

Bots buying up all the tickets? Absolute rubbish. It's 100% fair system and has been improved further by allowing people to actually enter their payment details calmly a few hours later, knowing they have secured their tickets. 

Care to give a technical explanation on why it's absolute rubbish?

9 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I do agree with this, for example the poster who got tickets today by posting their details on a new thread (delighted for this person by the way as it’s another efester 🎉)  wouldn’t have been so simple compared to previous years.

8 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Exactly. Touts are going to see how easy it is to get tickets for someone and also how much quite a few people were prepared to pay for tickets in the auction. I’d be shocked if someone didn’t put a lot of effort into cashing in on it for the next sale.

Our sweep-up group of 48 people had a 0% success rate in the resale. An unprecedented level of failure. 

From an initial hopeful group of around 140, there's only around 40 who were successful. Most people seem quite pragmatic about it. The vast majority of the ticketless have attended many times over the decades and the ones I've spoken to are happy to see new people get a chance to go. 

I think we all need to make peace with the fact that as long as the festival retains the demand, with the new system in place, securing a ticket just got a whole lot more difficult. It is, what it is.

Definitely going to make sure I appreciate every moment this year. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

These suggestions people got tickets well after the sold out message in October/November seem like new information. Can’t remember many saying at the time about that?

I'm not sure if you're being serious or not. It was widely discussed at the time, I even call it out on The Thingy:

6 (Sun):  General tickets on sale – officially sold out in 1 hour 1 minute, but people were still getting tickets 30+ minutes later