Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

3 hours ago, Amlo4ka said:

Radical idea: why not make it so you need a phone number to join the queue, and only one queue spot per phone number. Stops people trying from lots of different VPNs etc 

You can get multiple numbers inexpensively and run them as a mini call-centre from your home PC. It'd cost some money but so do VPNs.

4 hours ago, j0anna_ said:

Me and my partner tried in all four sales this year with no luck 😞 Just found this forum and wish i'd found it sooner, love the camaraderie here

Yeah same for us.

We had 4 phones on 5g, one laptop on VPN and one on home Wi-Fi in all 4 sales going back to last November and didn’t get one device past the holding page in all 4 attempts !

1 hour ago, MJP said:

Also apparently SeeTickets were trying to process deposits as a contactless payment despite it being several hundred quid over that limit.

This can't possibly be true.

Aside from anything else - See only had the Card No, Expiry Date, and CCV for each card. That's not enough information to initiate a contactless payment as they'd need access to the Chip in the card. Their systems wouldn't have been capable of even trying.

35 minutes ago, JB3 said:

Yeah same for us.

We had 4 phones on 5g, one laptop on VPN and one on home Wi-Fi in all 4 sales going back to last November and didn’t get one device past the holding page in all 4 attempts !

Yeah such a sorry state of affairs 😞 hopefully we'll be more lucky in October/November

1 hour ago, incident said:

This can't possibly be true.

Aside from anything else - See only had the Card No, Expiry Date, and CCV for each card. That's not enough information to initiate a contactless payment as they'd need access to the Chip in the card. Their systems wouldn't have been capable of even trying.

Just relaying an anecdote from someone we were trying for. But I bow to more superior knowledge of how card transactions work. 🙂

2 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Just for fun...hypothetically. If it went back to the old system of tickets being sold in HMV stores. How many nights would you camp out in the queue for doors open 

A week... Because in Chester it was next to maccies 🤣

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, The Nal said:

These people have way less of a chance now. 

I've never heard of a festival/gig buying system before where you can buy tickets and not have to provide payment details. 

We have a call centre in Manilla on our books in work and I could probably throw them a 100 quid and have 50 people - who I don't know and havent a clue what Glastonbury even is - trying for me in October. This is the sort of abuse this new system is open to. 

Agreed. Before were mainly up against people who got bored and started messaging each other after 5 mins of not getting in. 

4 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Or, much more likely, 50,000+ people were trying for 3-4k tickets as barely anyone in 5 months decided err no i dont actually want to give up my golden ticket. 

all signs also point to the current system being used in oct/nov 23. If they couldnt sort payments between nov 22 and April 23 what makes anyone think they’ll have a magical fix in another 6 months time? This feels a permanent change to me. Its only been brought on by the advent of secure payment verification, which would i assume not be the chosen route of see or the festival but they have to comply with the law. Its not their fault!

50k? Ten times that.

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Just for fun...hypothetically. If it went back to the old system of tickets being sold in HMV stores. How many nights would you camp out in the queue for doors open 

This. I want this. And you have to buy a CD from an act on the bill and they get 50% of the sales. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Agreed. Before were mainly up against people who got bored and started messaging each other after 5 mins of not getting in. 

Yes. Ridiculous. It's the most barmy scheme of all time. Have a queue. Have time to complete transactions. Have a proper captcha system that genuinely requires human input to stop bots. I'm not mad at Glasto or See as they're trying to come up with a better system, but FOR FUCKS SAKE think it through. Hmmmm. What could go wrong here? A new idea does not necessarily equal a solution.

• Like 1

The online security setup changed not long before the October sale. I had issues a with couple other retailers who hadn’t set up properly for it around same time. Sounds like Seetickets had same issues, payments needed added step security but they didn’t ask for it and payments bounced. 

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

As many nights as it would take!
Used to play truant from school to travel to Glasgow and queue for tickets. Two of us once did a one nighter for led zep tickets. A scary experience on those mean streets and turned out not to be necessary .  Outside the gig forged £1 tickets were sold for a fiver causing mayhem. 

39 minutes ago, Superscally said:

This. I want this. And you have to buy a CD from an act on the bill and they get 50% of the sales. 

Easy up for a weekend. Down sleeping bag and decent roll mat. Tins and sarnies 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Care to give a technical explanation on why it's absolute rubbish?

Just scaremongering nonsense. System is fair and works just fine. Only people moaning about the current system, unfortunately missed out. 

Edited by LoveAndTheft

5 hours ago, parsonjack said:

I occasionally see Emily around locally. If/when I do I will politely ask whether they are aware that the 'new' system could be open to bot farms or call centre contracts and whether that could be a concern for them. 

Can't do any harm. 

That would be great,I’m sure she’d be interested in the concerns of the ordinary festival goers and ensuring fairness. 

1 minute ago, LoveAndTheft said:

Just scaremongering nonsense. Bots buying up all the Glastonbury tickets next year - laughable. System is fair and works just fine. Only people moaning about the current system, unfortunately missed out. 

So someone improving chances because the ask followers for help that reasonable ? 

5 minutes ago, LoveAndTheft said:

Just scaremongering nonsense. System is fair and works just fine. Only people moaning about the current system, unfortunately missed out. 

Surely, you must see that if you had a huge following of people or employed a group on Fiverr to help you, you could tilt the scales in your favour?

7 minutes ago, LoveAndTheft said:

Just scaremongering nonsense. Bots buying up all the Glastonbury tickets next year - laughable. System is fair and works just fine. Only people moaning about the current system, unfortunately missed out. 

That's "I don't understand how it works" then?

I have tickets thanks, you do realise it's perfectly acceptable to criticise a bad system even if you haven't personally suffered from it?

Anyone with half an idea of how websites function know this is a bad idea, and I'm still absolutely baffled at why people can't grasp it.

7 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

So someone improving chances because the ask followers for help that reasonable ? 

Only the same that is done on here and countless other places really. Posters are asking for help from as many people as they can, including complete strangers. If everyone was only trying for their own ticket, many of the people sorted in the ticket group pages and elsewhere would not be going, including me.

I'm now on my 10th festival, I've actually bought my own ticket twice plus I've got through three times to get people theirs so in theory I'd have been 5 times.

Yes, an influencer or whatever could share their details with loads of people, but they'd also be risking someone purposefully sabotaging them, either during or after the sale. It's the way of social media celebrity that people with masses of followers will be found irritating to some people.

The potential for bots buying tickets worries me, it being less biased towards persistent obsessives worries me but I think the new system is as fair as they can make it.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Only the same that is done on here and countless other places really. Posters are asking for help from as many people as they can, including complete strangers. If everyone was only trying for their own ticket, many of the people sorted in the ticket group pages and elsewhere would not be going, including me.

I'm now on my 10th festival, I've actually bought my own ticket twice plus I've got through three times to get people theirs so in theory I'd have been 5 times.

Yes, an influencer or whatever could share their details with loads of people, but they'd also be risking someone purposefully sabotaging them, either during or after the sale. It's the way of social media celebrity that people with masses of followers will be found irritating to some people.

The potential for bots buying tickets worries me, it being less biased towards persistent obsessives worries me but I think the new system is as fair as they can make it.

It’s different now without the payment so anybody can do it … and if someone does mess things up deliberately you do have 4 chances effectively. I’m just not sure on it … 

If it's a question of preventing people from getting booted out after adding their card information in the past, could they not get you to link your payment details against your registration so it's all pre-loaded before the sale? That way, if you get a ticket, they automatically take the money. If not, no payment is taken. This isn't revolutionary, hotels already use a similar booking process. 

If everyone were to log-on to their SeeTickets Glastonbury "account", so to speak, ready for the start of the sale, it's just a straight shout-out for all, with payment immediately taken, if successful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4