Resale Club 2023

Jack.194

1 minute ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Does a bot exist that could enter the reg details, then also authentic a bank payment on a large scale?

I don't know whether it does or not.

But I can say with 100% certainty that it'd be possible to make.

7 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

So what makes my statement "flat out untrue"?

This:

"it hasn't been possible so far" - Not even vaguely true. Bots would have been possible before now.

"the only chance was with this new system that has been implemented for the resale" - Again, not true. They'd be marginally easier to create without the payment obstacle, but only marginally. I don't even think the Payment aspect would have been the biggest obstacle to making one (the lack of chances to properly train and test them would).

"If that's in place for the general sale next year you have zero chance unless you're in a block or using bots" - We could end up headed in this direction (while still falling way short of "zero chance") - but even then only if your flawed assumption that bots are suddenly likely to become infinitely more widespread comes to pass.

I say all of the above as someone with enough knowledge of the ticket site that I'm very confident that if I sat down with someone with suitable programming skills I could make a very effective implementation of a bot.

Edited by incident

Why would this bot (just the first hit on a quick search) leave out the payment option then?

https://github.com/thomasms/glastoselenium

Surely it would be worth adding if it was an easy part?

Im not technical, but for me removing the need for any payment details can only lead to strangers more willing to try for others, and bots more viable as they just enter reg details and they're done.

It's very ironic the amount of complaining on here that it's impossible to get tickets unless you're in a big group, given the widespread use of efests resale groups.

What's more worrying is efests users suggesting that people who come to glastonbury to see the likes of JayZ or Beyonce are less worthy than people who come to see old white man guitar bands. 

Quite frankly, there's a whole vibe in this thread that efests users deserve to be at Glastonbury more than anyone else. If anything, I'm glad some of the entitled, obnoxious people on here didn't get tickets!

(Back to reading the camping essentials thread I go)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Why would this bot (just the first hit on a quick search) leave out the payment option then?

https://github.com/thomasms/glastoselenium

Surely it would be worth adding if it was an easy part?

Im not technical, but for me removing the need for any payment details can only lead to strangers more willing to try for others, and bots more viable as they just enter reg details and they're done.

I don't think you fully understand the scenarios under which a bot might be used.

Most importantly a bot doesn't need to be fully automated to do its job. A well written one could, for example, do the 99% of brute force / grunt work and then pass manual control to an operative at pre-determined points (coach selection, payment being two obvious examples). It doesn't have to be 100% start to finish no interaction needed - indeed I'd argue for coach selection especially interaction is desirable.

It actually wouldn't be too difficult to adapt the script you linked to add payment using pre-set card details (though I've seen that script before and consider it's using a flawed approach so would start clean if I was looking to do something). It could be made automated enough that all someone had to do was click "Approve" in their bank app.

2 minutes ago, c8lin said:

It's very ironic the amount of complaining on here that it's impossible to get tickets unless you're in a big group, given the widespread use of efests resale groups.

I'm not sure you understand irony, the ones complaining don't use buying blocks

A lotto is clearly the only fair option, would lead to lots of new people every year and keep the festival much fresher 

1 minute ago, incident said:

I don't think you fully understand the scenarios under which a bot might be used.

Most importantly a bot doesn't need to be fully automated to do its job. A well written one could, for example, do the 99% of brute force / grunt work and then pass manual control to an operative at pre-determined points (coach selection, payment being two obvious examples). It doesn't have to be 100% start to finish no interaction needed - indeed I'd argue for coach selection especially interaction is desirable.

It actually wouldn't be too difficult to adapt the script you linked to add payment using pre-set card details (though I've seen that script before and consider it's using a flawed approach so would start clean if I was looking to do something). It could be made automated enough that all someone had to do was click "Approve" in their bank app.

So you agree then, that by removing the need for someone to pay / hold large sums in preparation, it's much easier for a bot to just run a script with loads of saved registrations and then those people just pay in their own time?

You appear to have just proved my point instead of yours?

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

So you agree then, that by removing the need for someone to pay / hold large sums in preparation, it's much easier for a bot to just run a script with loads of saved registrations and then those people just pay in their own time?

You appear to have just proved my point instead of yours?

I don't think you understand even the basics here.

Enjoy your evening.

3 minutes ago, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

I'm not sure you understand irony, the ones complaining don't use buying blocks

Pretty sure crazyfool complained about influencers being able to utilise their following despite using the resale groups last year?

(Not calling one person out here, that's just one example I can think of off the top of my head, there's plenty more).

Not really sure why someone using an Instagram following is any different to someone using efests to help get tickets

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, incident said:

I don't think you understand even the basics here.

Enjoy your evening.

As they say "if you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it enough"

Ive yet to see you explain to me why removing the need for payment and authentication doesn't open up the option of bots entering blocks of registrations quickly 

If you prefer to make a smug statement and leave then fair enough 

11 minutes ago, c8lin said:

What's more worrying is efests users suggesting that people who come to glastonbury to see the likes of JayZ or Beyonce are less worthy than people who come to see old white man guitar bands.

Given a choice I'd rather have people who come to see JayZ or Beyonce over people who come to see old white man guitar bands.

The problem is that the Glastonbury demographic is skewed towards the latter. No idea why. It's something I love to find out, but it's a very touchy subject on here.

33 minutes ago, c8lin said:

Quite frankly, there's a whole vibe in this thread that efests users deserve to be at Glastonbury more than anyone else. If anything, I'm glad some of the entitled, obnoxious people on here didn't get tickets!

(Back to reading the camping essentials thread I go)

Who on Earth has done that?!

14 minutes ago, SighMo said:

Get rid of the long-drops. That’ll sort it. 

TBF that's precisely what's happened with Secret Garden Party. The toilets last year were a total clusterfuck and a shituation. Last year they sold out in minutes. This year they're struggling to sell.

1 hour ago, c8lin said:

Pretty sure crazyfool complained about influencers being able to utilise their following despite using the resale groups last year?

(Not calling one person out here, that's just one example I can think of off the top of my head, there's plenty more).

Not really sure why someone using an Instagram following is any different to someone using efests to help get tickets

There’s very much a difference between using some friends help on a forum that I’ve been on for over 10years and farming out services without requiring payment . Every year I’ve been on here people have asked for help in some way . We just happened to use a spreadsheet . Oh and I’m not a great fan of I’m not singling anyone out whilst singling someone out . 

Edited by Crazyfool01
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MJP said:

TBF that's precisely what's happened with Secret Garden Party. The toilets last year were a total clusterfuck and a shituation. Last year they sold out in minutes. This year they're struggling to sell.

Mind you the same happened at Beautiful Days and it sold out quickly as usual. Shows the difference in the demographic at the two events.

Glastonbury has a mixture of the two and some.

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Mind you the same happened at Beautiful Days and it sold out quickly as usual. Shows the difference in the demographic at the two events.

Honestly, the toilet situation at BDs in 2021 (I wasn't there but understand 2022 was fairly similar) wasn't even close to being as bad as at SGP last year.

27 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

There’s very much a difference between using some friends help on a forum that I’ve been on for over 10years and farming out services without requiring payment . Every year I’ve been on here people have asked for help in some way . We just happened to use a spreadsheet . 

You might be friends with some of the people on efests but I'm quite sure you don't personally know every person who helped you get a ticket last year.

Don't really see how that's different to an influencer who's been on Instagram for a number of years?

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, c8lin said:

You might be friends with some of the people on efests but I'm quite sure you don't personally know every person who helped you get a ticket last year.

Don't really see how that's different to an influencer who's been on Instagram for a number of years?

I’m not a bloody influencer I work in a supermarket and post on a forum people on here are my friends . I know it’s hard to believe but the person who got my ticket I camped with and have met twice now and the people I’ve not met in person I intend to . 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, c8lin said:

Quite frankly, there's a whole vibe in this thread that efests users deserve to be at Glastonbury more than anyone else. If anything, I'm glad some of the entitled, obnoxious people on here didn't get tickets

I have thinking completely the opposite. I have been on these boards for over 20 years and haven't ever known such a pragmatic and realistic view of what occurred yesterday and in the October sale. I haven't noticed any sense of entitlement from regular efesters this year, more of a questioning as to why regulars haven been less successful than previous years. I haven't sensed any bitterness about losing out this year whereas in previous years I might have, I think that's about a realisation that tickets are likely to be spread out more randomly going forward so the chances of success will be lower going forward, but no sense that we are more worthy of those tickets than anyone else trying. It's a good thing for the for the festival that tickets are spread out more than previous years although it means I/we will lose out more often

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, c8lin said:

Because influencers are parasitic fuckin oxygen thieves.

7 hours ago, Jay Pee said:

Because influencers are parasitic fuckin oxygen thieves.

That’s not fair Jay, influencers should have the same chance as a regular so they can selfie the shit out of Glastonbury and increase their brand/income/followers.

(off to instagram I pop)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, c8lin said:

So, a community that helps each other out, for no monetary income or benefit (aside from said ticket - which is hopefully a mutual gain), is the same as some berk prancing around in BuffBunny gym gear flexing his quads next to a can of PureWhey protein shake for clicks and fans to send him money through advertising incentives?

And the rest who believe the new ticket scheme is open to manipulation are just people venting about brown or black people being headliners like Jay-Z, or Beyonce?!

Caitlin, making a big splash already, love it.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON
  • Upvote 1

Personally, I think the influencers argument is borderline tinfoil hat territory. I am, though, concerned that this new paymentless system is ripe for abuse by bots and touts in a way that it wasn't before. I think it would be a Bad Thing for the festival to move in this direction and I hope they see sense before the next ticket day.