Craft and (crap) beer at Glastonbury

BBC7BBCHEAVEN

The ale offer was super disappointing last year.

Always used to spend money at the bars in the day and drink my own rum at night, but switched it around this year: drank my own ales from a coolbag in the day and bought spirits from bars at night

14 hours ago, Memory Man said:

Would they do coors light as a direct replacement for the low ABV swill of carlsberg and then augment it with a bit of madri here and there too, perhaps? Madri may not be on all bars, but some, a bit like carlsberg export was.

or just go full madri everywhere perhaps. Lots of bars only have 1 lager so i doubt you’ll see both everywhere.

If it really is Coors (big if at this stage) then I expect you'd see Madri on all of the bars that sold San Miguel last year, which was quite a few. 

I would have thought that they'd go with Carling (or even Pravha) as the low ABV variant, Coors Light sales all but died a death through 2019 and 2020 after low calorie beers hit a peak in 2017 and 2018. But I could be wrong, they may look to use the festival as a marketing platform for Coors Light. 

Edited by Alvoram

21 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Whats everyones recommendations to take this year and sup then...?

Here's my first:

thumb__640_500_0_0_crop.jpg

Do like a bit of this!!

Its not craft but as a sessionable ale with a bit of a hop profile i think you can do a lot worse than old golden hen! Its also fine not freezing cold and is inexpensive esp when on offer.

Theres a lot of craft cans i wouldnt want to drink unless they were ice cold and i dont have a campervan!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Last year I took some Jubel Grapefruit/Peach and some Pogo Wild Beer to see how they were luke warm. I’ll probably only take Jubel as my beer this year as it was great to drink despite the temperature. I prefer Pogo but sadly Wild Beer have gone belly up.

Can absolutely second Jubel Grapefruit - Also these are phenomenal for the hair of the dog or just in general for that matter. 

Schofferhofer-Grapefruit.png

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Jacko45 said:

Can absolutely second Jubel Grapefruit - Also these are phenomenal for the hair of the dog or just in general for that matter. 

Schofferhofer-Grapefruit.png

Yeah very true, although I thought these were quite low alcohol? Which I guess may be a good thing, but in terms of weight versus % it may not be ideal.

14 minutes ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Last year I took some Jubel Grapefruit/Peach and some Pogo Wild Beer to see how they were luke warm. I’ll probably only take Jubel as my beer this year as it was great to drink despite the temperature. I prefer Pogo but sadly Wild Beer have gone belly up.

Wild beer has been bought out and back brewing 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Emperor’s stuff is pretty much all north of 12%, I’m well on board with that as a tactic 🤣 one can is a nice quick ticket to squiff city, and you won’t need a wee within ten minutes 

I'm meant to be going drinking with him and the guys from Bang The Elephant in a couple of weekends time.  I'm slightly scared, that man can drink!

19 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

So hear me out here people, this isn't going to fly that well... BUT

These are magic on a hangover and hot-days, just feels like supping sparkling water. 

White_Claw_Three_Can_Product_Shot.7.jpg

I usually take a few hard seltzers too, prefer them to some of the other pre-mixed cans as they aren't sickly sweet.

Does anyone know if there is somewhere on site to get a Guinness on draught? 

As for the Calsberg vs craft breweries debate, even if smaller breweries cant fulfill the whole demand, it would be nice for them to have a larger share over the options available. I'm sure it wouldnt take much convincing to get the likes of Tiny Rebel to setup a bar somewhere. 

I'm not too great at drinking beers warm either so I'm wondering if anyone has a solution? 

6 minutes ago, JamieKThomas said:

Does anyone know if there is somewhere on site to get a Guinness on draught? 

As for the Calsberg vs craft breweries debate, even if smaller breweries cant fulfill the whole demand, it would be nice for them to have a larger share over the options available. I'm sure it wouldnt take much convincing to get the likes of Tiny Rebel to setup a bar somewhere. 

I'm not too great at drinking beers warm either so I'm wondering if anyone has a solution? 

I can't do warm lager either so I take cider and it tastes fine tepid. If I fancy a lager I don't mind grabbing one or two at a bar.