Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Although I’m skeptical myself, this has come from a regular on who’s been told that Fred Again is headlining Other from somebody who should be fairly in the know. West Holts still seems far more likely to me - a perfect fit, even - but considering the momentum of this guy’s rise that doesn’t seem to be slowing down any time soon, maybe it’s not such a reach that they just give him the big gig straight off the bat. 

I mean, I'd be absolutely buzzing (provided it's not against Elton), but I'm very strongly on the sceptical side. Would be almost unheard of wouldn't it? 

21 minutes ago, Freddyflintstonree said:

Quick scan of a few threads, picked up:

The Prodigy
Sam Smith
Queens of the Stone Age
The National
Bon Iver
Halsey
Lizzo
Doja Cat

(And a lot of chat about Fred Again, but I am pretty sure that's very unlikely!)

Wizkid / Sam Smith / Prodigy

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

The War On Drugs are also in the mix with a GSH.

Totally forgot about them, although don’t think they’ll be getting as big as a OS headline slot. OS sub maybe, or possibly even headlining JP one night. Think their last album kind of fucked any chance of them getting some of the big slots we were predicting a couple of years ago. 

As much as I like them The War on Drugs would be a contender for smallest Other headliner crowd ever up against Elton. I can see them as an Other sub and still think at a push they could be one of the smaller, acclaimed Pyramid subs they sometimes have but not as an Other headliner. 

Where did the Wizkid stuff come from?

10 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

As much as I like them The War on Drugs would be a contender for smallest Other headliner crowd ever up against Elton. I can see them as an Other sub and still think at a push they could be one of the smaller, acclaimed Pyramid subs they sometimes have but not as an Other headliner. 

Where did the Wizkid stuff come from?

Mentioned on discord by joeyt I believe 

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Wizkid?! Headlining Other?! Hmm think this is gonna be another Burna Boy situation where he’s actually subbing, which makes far more sense.

Maybe and it’s second hand where I’ve not seen the post as I’m not on there so maybe @JoeyT can confirm ? But his info in the past has been spot on

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

Ah fair enough, cheers. 

I’ll go for Wizkid, Fred and The Prodigy, with  Sam Smith subbing Elton.

Reckon Sam has been moved to pyramid sub to make way for Fred.

+ I think they will be under arctics. 

How I see things currently.  Question whether the Black Keys will even play.. but I can see them headlining JP.

Pyr

AM // Sam Smith // Royal Blood

GNR // Lewis // Lizzo

Elton // QOTSA // BLACKPINK // Pulp

Other 

Wizkid // Rosalia // Becky Hill

Fred Again // CHVRCHES // Lil Nas X

The Prodigy // The Black Keys // Steve Lacy

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

How I see things currently.  Question whether the Black Keys will even play.. but I can see them headlining JP.

Pyr

GNR // Lewis // Lizzo

Other 

Yeah Sam moving up with Fred headlining Other is what I was thinking too, just on different days.

I don’t think CHVRCHES would be anywhere near that high up now and also don’t think The Black Keys will play. Think I’d go Rosalia, Central Cee and The War on Drugs as Other subs.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pyr

GNR // Lewis // Lizzo

Other 

Interesting on BLACKPINK. Literally every other show they have this year is either their own headline gig or a Coachella headline. Plus they are in Australia only a couple of days before Glasto. Given that they are playing these huge shows, playing 3rd down the Pyramid (and therefore without their full production, which is critical to their show) just a couple of days after Australia feels unlikely - you've got to imagine they wouldn't accept the booking unless it was headlining a stage. And yet the possibilities for Other headline feel so stacked that it's unlikely. It's similar logic which says Fred Again is headlining a stage rather than just playing afternoon Pyramid - the show just needs it. 

For what it's worth I feel the same about Stromae. Active for the first time in years, has a #GSH, but his whole *thing* requires big production values, so he might end up being one that gets away too. 

12 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Again, do we have any actual info that Sam was ever headlining Other? Or are we now just creating a narrative that they were moved to Pyramid sub and Fred Again was bumped up to fill their space?

The latter, as is the eFests way. There's never been any info that placed Sam on any particular stage.

Just now, jannybruck said:

The latter, as is the eFests way. There's never been any info that placed Sam on any particular stage.

There has been if you were on other sites. Someone with good info heard Sam was headlining the other stage.  That info came before they were given high spots at other festivals 

12 minutes ago, sisco said:

There has been if you were on other sites. Someone with good info heard Sam was headlining the other stage.  That info came before they were given high spots at other festivals 

First I’ve heard of this! Think that’s where they’ll stay then rather than being bumped up to the Pyramid - a good counter act to at least two of the Pyramid headliners, and makes sense on the inclusion aspect considering none of us can think of a realistic female act to headline Other. 

Fred Again / Sam Smith / The Prodigy is what I’ll go with then with our current info, although still not completely sold on Fred being given that slot - just can’t think of an alternative (not buying the Wizkid thing).

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

First I’ve heard of this! Think that’s where they’ll stay then rather than being bumped up to the Pyramid - a good counter act to at least two of the Pyramid headliners, and makes sense on the inclusion aspect considering none of us can think of a realistic female act to headline Other. 

Fred Again / Sam Smith / The Prodigy is what I’ll go with then with our current info, although still not completely sold on Fred being given that slot - just can’t think of an alternative (not buying the Wizkid thing).

Lizzo.

I don't think Neil said they were confident about Lizzo placement only that he was confident about her being booked

Edited by Florian Saucer Attack

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I don’t think CHVRCHES would be anywhere near that high up now and also don’t think The Black Keys will play. Think I’d go Rosalia, Central Cee and The War on Drugs as Other subs.

I'm not even sure Chvrches were planning on touring this summer, given they've finished the stuff for Screen Violence save for a few dates supporting Coldplay in South America.

Maybe they're still big enough - St Vincent subbed this year and I think Chvrches might be on a similar level as far as a UK crowd goes - or maybe they're more of a JP headliner. I dunno. It's hard to guess these things.