Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

45 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

How in the age of streaming can a record get to number 1 and people quickly realise it’s terrible 😂

I think you mean that you think it’s terrible, but in fact as it got to number 1 a lot of people don’t. 

I think it got to number 2 anyway

big artists like AM can just rely on preorders

it could be Alex Turner doing an hour of himalayan throat singing and it would still shift 50k+ preorders upon announcement

45 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

They might well be but I guess I can't agree with giving someone accused of dv by both their partner and children a headline slot at one of the biggest festivals in the world

Didn't he get cleared?

25 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Either Fred or Prodigy outside in the light would be poor.

Fred would be fine. think caribou on West holts / avalanches last year - happy chill vibes

prodigy dark though

6 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

When he was still almost a kid, before he was in the band when he was never actually convicted of anything creepy, you mean? 

I mean it clearly happened regardless of conviction - just read this article

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/how_axl_rose_avoided_statutory_rape_charge_from_a_15-year-old_girl.html

Edited by gfa

5 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

When he was still almost a kid, before he was in the band when he was never actually convicted of anything creepy, you mean? 

I must have missed the part where Matt Healey was even arrested for anything or has had to settle any abuse/assault lawsuits out of court. 

Just now, gfa said:

Lol, Pretty sure that’s not how the legal system works.

Axl Rose wasn’t convicted of something 40 years ago.

Matt Healy is being a creep in 2023. 

Just now, Jose Pose said:

Lol, Pretty sure that’s not how the legal system works.

Axl Rose wasn’t convicted of something 40 years ago.

Matt Healy is being a creep in 2023. 

I'm not saying Matt Healy isn't a creep.

I am saying that regardless of conviction Axl Rose slept with a 15 year old

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Hold on, is someone going to explain? Is this Prodigy aren't playing statement a cross-site wind-up or does someone have genuine information to back it up? 

it came from the other place a while ago, that the prodigy are playing but they don't know where.

Some have floated the idea they will be on WH but that's just speculation 

• Thanks 1

Just now, BenG92 said:

I must have missed the part where Matt Healey was even arrested for anything or has had to settle any abuse/assault lawsuits out of court. 

That’s irrelevant, the guy is clearly a creep and understandably gives Emily the ick. The 1975 stans just need to deal with that instead of enabling that sort of behaviour in 2023.

• Downvote 1

Just now, gfa said:

I'm not saying Matt Healy isn't a creep.

I am saying that regardless of conviction Axl Rose slept with a 15 year old

Yes, as did someone who one of the main stages is named after who in fact openly admitted it.

That doesn’t mean the festival has to enable that sort of behaviour in 2023 though.

Just now, Jose Pose said:

Yes, as did someone who one of the main stages is named after who in fact openly admitted it.

That doesn’t mean the festival has to enable that sort of behaviour in 2023 though.

we are on the same fucking page

I was never defending Matt Healy and i don't know why your defending Axl Rose

20 minutes ago, Quark said:

As much fun as I've had watching Chems, it would be a pretty repetitive booking.

It wouldn't be a bad show by any stretch and they'd chuck some new stuff in I'm sure, but it would feel pretty....expected

I like the Chems but there is absolutely no need to have them back headlining the Other yet again, especially only two festivals since they last did. It would be a phenomenally lazy and uninspired booking when there are so many other options.

I do find the irony of certain posters moaning about the Pyramid headliners being "stale, uninspiring and past it" whilst simultaneously called for yet another Chems set amusing...

12 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

1 minute ago, Jose Pose said:

That’s irrelevant, the guy is clearly a creep and understandably gives Emily the ick. The 1975 stans just need to deal with that instead of enabling that sort of behaviour in 2023.

That sure was a quick backpeddle, 10 minutes by my watch!

I don't care for GNR or The 1975 but you're talking an absolute wall of guff 

• Upvote 1