Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

10 minutes ago, Blisterpack said:

He was accused of ‘statutory rape’ cos she was under 16. As was I. Legally incapable of providing consent. Literally no difference. 
anyway, yeah, fuck off 1975. 

seems that the stuff on that ultimate guitar website is actually extracts from the walls book and it says she went to the cops and said he raped her then they came re the statutory rape (which would also be 'standard' rape too? i'm no lawyer)

anyway lets be done with it, just wanted to clear that up

8 minutes ago, clasher said:

Wouldn't WhizKid be more suitable for WH than The Prodigy?

Also:

binfire.jpg

I mean Wizkid does larger shows so probably not no

59 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

As far as I understand there is now solid-ish info for 3-4 Other headliners, leaving no space for Prodigy, who have not actually been rumoured beyond the general consensus that they'd be a great fit.

What the fuck, surely they’re nailed on 🥹🤦🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, dreams_burn_down said:

As far as I understand there is now solid-ish info for 3-4 Other headliners, leaving no space for Prodigy, who have not actually been rumoured beyond the general consensus that they'd be a great fit.

I’ll eat my own hat if Prodigy aren’t there in some form. Perfect gap in touring schedule with Parklife before and Ireland shows after. Glastonbury favourites and due back after they had to cancel last time because of Keef’s passing.

Would be a real shame if they weren’t there

2 hours ago, Quark said:

I decided to fill a gap in my knowledge re: Wizkid. Went and gave the lad a listen.

I can comfortably say it's not for me.  But at least I feel I can now say that having tried it.

Next week: meth

I love when the poster comes out, because it's a proper voyage of discovery.

Yeah you'll find you have no interest in people like Wizkid, but that's part of the fun.

It's just not a style of music that really appeals to my ears. But that's fine, can't like everything.

23 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I love when the poster comes out, because it's a proper voyage of discovery.

Yeah you'll find you have no interest in people like Wizkid, but that's part of the fun.

100%. 

Christ. Last few pages are a bit grim. Come on FFS, it’s not Twitter!

Just on Wizkid (may have said this before) I get that he’s selling out multiple nights in London, but Afrobeat is huge there and nowhere near outside. I think his wider appeal would be limited for that reason. Sure he could command a decent slot at festivals, but Other headline at Glasto? Really?

5 hours ago, gfa said:

I mean Wizkid does larger shows so probably not no

That's true. I'm just not sure how big the afrobeats scene is outside of London, outside of UK, and how that translates to Glasto (I admittedly know very little about the afrobeats scene). I mean he's playing 5000-20000 capacity venues in the states, with none of them even close to selling out a week or two before the shows. He's headlining two smaller scandinavian festivals and not much else. He's certainly on the up, while the Prodigy certainly aren't, but I'd argue they have the legacy and a cracking live show to carry them. Is Whizza bigger than Rosalía for example? In London certainly, the UK probably, in Europe unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Quark said:

I know it's not a like for like comparison, but as we're talking afrobeat what was the crowd like for Burna Boy last year? Didn't he sub Other?

Wasn’t there but chatted to some who were and it was fairly sparse past the sound desk by all accounts.

22 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Outside of QOTSA who seem nailed on for that slot now, The Prodigy seem like the most obvious OS headliner for this year to me, so I’m gonna go ahead and say that the info on one of Wizkid or Sam Smith is wrong rather than count The Prodigy out, whether that means one or both of those two are actually subbing Other, playing another stage, or just not playing at all. 

Is there any hard evidence on QOTSA playing the Other Stage? 

Because now Arctic Monkeys will be there, QOTSA subbing AM makes much more sense. They will be doing this at some other fests as well (Opener, Rock Werchter). probably because they'll want to have Josh joining AM on stages for. couple of songs.