Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

5 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

Info from the place that shall not be named has contradictory info on the identity of the Sunday sub.

I’m sure It can be named. Don’t need the constant back and forth.  Soon hopefully efests, discord, Reddit, Twitter etc…. All rumours and info can all be used to discuss topics and come up with our own assumptions/predictions. 

1 minute ago, sisco said:

I’m sure It can be named. Don’t need the constant back and forth.  Soon hopefully efests, discord, Reddit, Twitter etc…. All rumours and info can all be used to discuss topics and come up with our own assumptions/predictions. 

Ah ok. I'd been oblivious to the discords existence for a long time so unsure of just what can and can't be divulged. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Spurs forum says Lil Nas X is subbing Elton. Also where we got a lot of other stuff. 

Guy in there just shelling out Glasto bits that have ended up looking right. 

Arsenal forum says Lil Nas X is subbing AM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Genuine question on the afrobeats thing… who do you think attends this festival?

Do you think it’s just people from the local areas that come? I won’t be surprised if people from London, Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol etc make up the majority of the attendees.

Have no idea how someone can swing a “big in London but not big at Glastonbury” argument.

Afrobeat isn't a thing in Liverpool, despite having a diverse set of cultures.

1 hour ago, slip-slop-slap said:

If QOTSA and Elton clash I will be gutted, but probably will have to stick to Elton. Seen QOTSA twice and they are right up with the very best live acts I've seen. Absolutely brilliant 

Incredible last time at the farm. I know Beyonce was widely well received and no-one will be able to genuinely prove who won...but QOTSA couldn't have been beaten that night.

11 minutes ago, Superscally said:

Incredible last time at the farm. I know Beyonce was widely well received and no-one will be able to genuinely prove who won...but QOTSA couldn't have been beaten that night.

Agreed. I do sometimes wonder if I should have taken my arguably one chance to see Beyoncé, but I had a fucking blast that night.

Just now, Gnomicide said:

I watch the Yoncé back on the TV. First few songs looked great, downhill from that point on.

Having said that, I didn't watch QOTSA either so what do I know?

Starting with Crazy in Love was either a brave move or a foolish one, not sure which

2 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

Starting with Crazy in Love was either a brave move or a foolish one, not sure which

I love acts that do it. Mavericks started with Dance The Night Away in Avalon 2017. Not at Glastonbury but Bon Jovi often start with a 1, 2 of Livin' On A Prayer & You Give Love A Bad Name.

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How in any way was it flat? Lol.

Peaked too soon. Thought to myself "wow, this is really good", soon got bored. Not my sort of thing anyway so largely irrelevant but it seemed to be more focused on the show than the music. Any excitement as a casual observer wore away pretty quickly.

As a comparison I would guess some people watched Metallica and maybe enjoyed a couple of songs for the sheer noise of it, the spectacle, it being something different but then got bored of it.

Erm... lol.

Dropping back in with an edit to say the best thing she's ever done is the sample from the Chi-Lites.

Edited by Gnomicide