Other Stage Headliners

airwaves

58 minutes ago, TGCarr said:

I’m beyond concerned of the rumour of no Prodigy.

it just had to happen 

Same here. 
I’ve seen them plenty of times with and without Flinty but to see them at Glastonbury would be something special. 

Edited by lendan

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's just one interpretation of it. Arguably programming the Pyramid is a more difficult job as its got to maintain broad appeal ans also offering variety, a mix of genres and ages whilst maintaining the credibility of the festival to the watching world.

The dipshits wanging on about the picnic blanket brigade 😂😂😂 couldn't do half as good a job

Nailed it.

Especially the dipshits part.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Peaked too soon. Thought to myself "wow, this is really good", soon got bored. Not my sort of thing anyway so largely irrelevant but it seemed to be more focused on the show than the music. Any excitement as a casual observer wore away pretty quickly.

This sums up my experience of that night.

Loved the first few songs then got a bit bored and went to watch the second half of QOTSA.

Watched the full set back a couple of years ago when the BBC showed them all and it confirmed my feelings that night.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

One of the best things ever to happen on El Pointo

First time I’ve watched that back, thanks for sharing!

My memory of this was being surrounded by my female friends (and about 50 other women), honestly I couldn’t see another man near me.

So when Queen B first shouted “ladies your turn” the “to the left” part was deafening.

Then when she said “guys your turn” all my friends turned to look at me, as did a large amount of the women we were close to, not the kind of pressure my weary ass needed, croakily I shouted “to the left, to the left” and got a big cheer.

For those 90 minutes I was essentially on a hen party. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's just one interpretation of it. Arguably programming the Pyramid is a more difficult job as its got to maintain broad appeal ans also offering variety, a mix of genres and ages whilst maintaining the credibility of the festival to the watching world.

The dipshits wanging on about the picnic blanket brigade 😂😂😂 couldn't do half as good a job

Even on years when I barely visit the Pyramid stage I always have to hand it to the bookers. Anyone who does just end up sitting there all day will inevitably come away with a new act they’ve never heard of before. The programming is always diverse and wide ranging. Not always to my taste but they do a terrific job.