Blur

jannybruck

7 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

The Colchester Arts Centre is f-king tiny, like max 500 people, small. Can't believe their gonna play there! Was deemed a total dive when I was in my teens, haha.

Damon and Graham met at school there I think, so obviously means a lot to them. 

1 minute ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I'm going to HAVE to give the colchester tickets a go!!!

How do I get pre-sale access?

Aside from the links I posted above, this is all the email says:

As a subscriber to the blur mailing list, you have exclusive access to the ticket presale for these shows. In order to access the pre-sale, please follow the link below to your preferred show. Pre-sale begins at 10am BST on 26th April 2023.

For Colchester, Eastbourne and Newcastle you will need to have a Ticketmaster account in order to join the queue and purchase tickets. Please ensure that you have signed in, in advance of tickets going on sale.

Please note there are a maximum of 2 tickets per person available to purchase per show.

Tickets for the warm up shows are limited. However, don’t miss out, last remaining tickets for blur’s second night at Wembley Stadium on Sunday 9th July are on sale now. Buy yours here.

1 minute ago, t0paz said:

Damon and Graham met at school there I think, so obviously means a lot to them. 

Oh I know they're from Colchester, they were legends for a lot of us who grew up in the 90s! Just surprised they chose that venue. Maybe they performed practice gigs there back in the day.

24 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Same. Saw them do a warm up at the Barras a few years back.

I tried and failed to get tickets for that, still gutted.

I have been offered a ticket for the Wembley gig but flights down and hotels are crazy expensive, especially when it's so soon after Glastonbury.

Winter Gardens in Eastbourne holds perhaps a thousand, its a lovely building and obviously i'm biased cos i live here but its a great town. Its very far from exciting or thrilling but the hills, the seafront and the faded glamour of the architecture make it pretty damn appealing for a visit.

Blur playing at the winter gardens (for the second time, they played in 95ish for the Great Escape tour that took in loads of strange seaside places) is a pretty great prospect! there'll be a bunfight for tickets of course but you've got to be in it to win it. PLUS there's the distinct possibility of a pre-gig pint with me! 😄

54 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Having never been to any of these venues, can anyone comment on which is the best one to try for? 

Wolverhampton is the renovated Civic, which was one of my fav venues, but the renovations i think took about 8 years longer than expected ...so no idea what it is like now 

5 minutes ago, pryce said:

Wolverhampton is the renovated Civic, which was one of my fav venues, but the renovations i think took about 8 years longer than expected ...so no idea what it is like now 

Reportedly, it's not going to be much different in public facing terms.

Sounds like the main reason it took so long is that they found a shitload of unexpected Asbestos that had to be dealt with.

17 hours ago, Badlands said:

Steer clear of the City Hall at Newcastle- terrible venue. Awful sound- terrible view and unfriendly locals.

Best avoid…

I'd have been up for that but already got tickets to see The Beths in Manchester that night.