Blur

jannybruck

1 minute ago, Al2006 said:

Congrats everyone who was successful, and good luck on friday for those who weren't.

There has been quite a lot of talks about new music.. I wonder if we'll hear something soon? But also hoping that the colchester gig isn't cheaper because it will be like the first magic whip shows where they just played new stuff (although that would of course still be worth the money!)

Pretty sure that the Colchester show will be cheaper mainly because 50%+ of the crowd will be direct friends and family.

1 hour ago, incident said:

Pretty sure that the Colchester show will be cheaper mainly because 50%+ of the crowd will be direct friends and family.

Wouldn’t they just get free tickets? Or if there are enough of them, their own private gig the night before?

The waiting room system stinks (and I say this a someone who knows how it works and takes advantage of that to get ahead of Joe Public).

How many people do you think hit the site at 10am (because that’s when it says the sale starts) only to find they’ve already lost their chance as the queue started 15 minutes earlier?

11 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

The waiting room system stinks (and I say this a someone who knows how it works and takes advantage of that to get ahead of Joe Public).

How many people do you think hit the site at 10am (because that’s when it says the sale starts) only to find they’ve already lost their chance as the queue started 15 minutes earlier?

I’d love to know how you think it works. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it and got straight in by joining the waiting room only a couple of mins before it started earlier in the week.

It’s a right bugger that Blur are playing a nice little venue in my home town and I’ll not be there, but it’s decent consolation to have tickets to the Wembley gig BOGOF courtesy of working for the NHS so I’ll not hold on to my moans for too long I think. C’est la vie and if anyone here has tickets for Bournevegas then have a magnificent night! 

5 minutes ago, t0paz said:

I’d love to know how you think it works. There doesn’t seem to be a pattern to it and got straight in by joining the waiting room only a couple of mins before it started earlier in the week.

I just mean that if you arrive at 9:45 you’ll have a better chance than if you arrive at 10. Not something explicitly said.

Re earlier this week, there were tech problems that stopped a lot of people joining until just before which probably explains it. I did much better Wed than today (still no tickets though!)

14 minutes ago, HH46810 said:

Appreciate this is a massive long shot but got 2 standing tickets for Wolverhampton. Would anyone be interesting in swapping for 2 Colchester?

Thanks!

I mean, if nobody takes you up on this and you want rid of them, please hit me up👀

44 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Blur have announced ticket forwarding will be turned off and the lead booker has to be in attendance,

my friend bought me mine, he is ok for me to log onto his app but he isn’t going .

sure this wasn’t mentioned at the start of sale 

It was mentioned on the booking screen when I got mine, it explicitly said the lead booker had to attend and resale was not permitted, even had to check a box to say I agreed to those terms (that was AXS, not sure about Ticketmaster) 

However from what’s been said since it sounds like the e ticket QR code will randomly change every couple of minutes on the app to prevent resale, so if you have access to the account that purchased the tickets I’d guess you’ll be fine. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, brettredmayne said:

Blur have announced ticket forwarding will be turned off and the lead booker has to be in attendance,

my friend bought me mine, he is ok for me to log onto his app but he isn’t going .

sure this wasn’t mentioned at the start of sale 

I'm hoping the same isn't happening for Wembley as I ended up getting Sunday standing tickets on See before getting some really good seats on Ticketmaster (other half hates standing at stadium gigs)

• Upvote 1