Blur

jannybruck

Not likely but not impossible. Dublin and Somerset back to back certainly achievable. Not ideal of course but I think we sometimes overestimate how much say acts have over their touring schedule. Those dates in Dublin might’ve been all that was available based on factors outside of the bands control. Remember a license will need to sought for any large summer gig and there will be close scrutiny on which dates are the best for achieving this. June / July like prime real estate for outdoor events and there will be lots going on in Dublin through the summer 

11 minutes ago, 09matthewsw said:

I think we sometimes overestimate how much say acts have over their touring schedule. 

This 100%. 

See Springsteen and Flo on Graham Norton talking about it. Flo was asked about the tour and she didnt really know the dates and she said kinda amazed people didnt know "you dont really do the bookings yourself" and Bruce laughed and gave her a thumbs up kinda thing. 

Anyway there isnt a hope Blur are playing. If it was a smaller band on a smaller stage maybe.

On 11/25/2022 at 1:18 PM, ClementsMike said:

A week ago I realised I was eligible for a blue light card. I applied for one hoping to get Blur tickets but the authorisation is manual and didn’t happen. 
My card was authorised today, and yes, got Sunday tickets. Unbelievable. 🙂 

Are there still standing tickets and does everyone you purchase tickets for need a Blue Light card?

On 11/22/2022 at 10:14 AM, gooner1990 said:

I know Blur's performance in 2009 is the more revered one, but I watched this at home in 1998 when I was 16.

Really enjoyed it at the time, and used to watch it on VHS that I had recorded from the TV a lot....

Would love to have been near the front for Song 2...

Just don't get crowd energy like that anywhere these days. 😞 

1 hour ago, Enkidu said:

If you're going abroad to see them I would recommend Roskilde.  Pretty sure Damon is a big Nordophile and he's played there about 10 times already with various projects. Probably the closest thing to seeing him at Glastonbury tbh

Clashes with Glasto unfortunately for me.

Gonna get a Sunday wembley ticket asap.

• 2 weeks later...