Sunday tickets still available to locals!

discgoesmic

Thanks, I managed to get Sunday tickets 🙂

Just wondering, do you know where the catchment is for Sunday tickets? I was surprised that my postcode worked as I'm around 30 miles from the festival site. I'm much further away than the places listed on the Sunday section of the website. Not that I'm complaining of course!

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, somebodytolove said:

Just wondering, do you know where the catchment is for Sunday tickets? I was surprised that my postcode worked as I'm around 30 miles from the festival site. I'm much further away than the places listed on the Sunday section of the website. Not that I'm complaining of course!

We're 25 miles away and qualify for the Sunday ticket too. "Mendip and Central Somerset" is the official catchment area apparently 

1 hour ago, somebodytolove said:

Full details of the areas for local & Sunday  tickets is shown in this link 😀https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/tickets/local-sunday-tickets/?fbclid=IwAR3Vd4tvH8noNIx1ElQObF5a20Sv2yZDBQZoFDo2OQinSm5v1du1VM-Xhvs

4 minutes ago, StoneCircle said:

Thanks but what I mean is we're not on this map and aren't in any of the places listed on that page, which is why I'm curious where the outer boundary actually is.

8 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

It is fb so I take it with a pinch of salt … but ? 

119EA3F4-D427-4857-981B-7D2BAF37DF8D.png

Hahaha if that is true, pretty big catchment!

Side question as I'm a complete Glasto newbie - if you have Sunday tickets can you still try in resale, or is your reg no blocked as it already has a ticket against it? I'm more than happy with my Sunday tix but partner wants to try for resale! 🙄

11 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It believe it only allows purchase from a preset number of postcodes from within the catchment area. It's also limited to six per transaction. Eduardo is talking shit

So is Ray then 🤣 and the person I know likely has a registration elsewhere 

21 minutes ago, somebodytolove said:

Hahaha if that is true, pretty big catchment!

Side question as I'm a complete Glasto newbie - if you have Sunday tickets can you still try in resale, or is your reg no blocked as it already has a ticket against it? I'm more than happy with my Sunday tix but partner wants to try for resale! 🙄

No that’s it … unless you give them up and chance the resale 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It believe it only allows purchase from a preset number of postcodes from within the catchment area. It's also limited to six per transaction. Eduardo is talking shit

He obviously is talking shit.  I assume Sunday ticket holders have to bus it in to the site. 

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Yeah, that'll be more like it. I wouldn't publicise it too much, who knows, they might enforce some proof of address measures? Leicester is a fair way to travel back home to...

Ray actually volunteers for Oxfam so it's a wind up. 

7 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm assuming you couldn't pick a random house in Glastonbury, register there and have them delivered elsewhere come balance window?

How many tickets do they hold back for the full weekend pass do we reckon? 

Sunday only tickets I'm sure I've heard is about 10k.

5 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

You can choose a "walk-in" option but you still have to pay for the bus. Ticket price is £120 inc. coach fare

Thats a lot for just one day, especially if its meant to win over locals

49 minutes ago, gfa said:

If you think of it as a day festival instead, the line up would have been this for 2022:

Kendrick Lamar/Pet Shop Boys/Bicep/CharliXCX

Lorde/Years&Years/Jarv is/Angelique Kidjo

Elbow/Kacey Musgraves/Jack White/Mcfly

Diana Ross/Fontaines DC/Amyl and the sniffers/Declan McKenna

George Ezra/Lianne La Havass/Nightmare on wax

Sea Girls/Sports Team/Kojey radical

You could have probably made it to one act on each line and made the 12:30 bus back. To me that's still pretty decent value over anything you'd get elsewhere.

Edited by Leyrulion
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gfa said:

Blur was a few pence short of £100 for a standing stadium gig outside of the "golden circle" plus a couple of mid-sized support acts, probably starting at around 5pm. 

For the Glastonbury Sunday ticket, the coach gets you there for 11am, then you have everything the entire site and world class lineup offers you, plus (as an optional bonus) the ability to sleep in a mate's tent, if you want to also partake in the late night festivities. I reckon it still represents great value. 

Many moons ago (09 or 10 I think) one of my mates had a Sunday ticket and I told him to get to the festival late on the Saturday night and blag it. 

They let him in at midnight.

Certainly got his money's worth.

This also reminds me of the first time I went to the festival in 2005 on a Sunday ticket. My parents missed the ad in the local paper to apply for tickets by which time they'd all gone. Luckily she knew the chap who at that time was in charge of organising the whole Sunday ticket operation with the local bus firms. 

She got in touch with him and we ended up with someone else's tickets with our names on a label stuck over theirs.

I still get pangs of guilt when I think that whoever's place we took!

Way back in about 2005 Frome was in catchment for full weekend 'Locals' tickets.  Our neighbour got through to See (or whoever was doing it then...), gave her postcode and asked for 2 tickets for her and her sister....when asked about sisters address she said it was in Wales. The agent said it was obvs outside the catchment but because it would have meant going on her own as a single woman she waived it and sold her 2 tickets.

No way See would be so charitable these days.

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

If you think of it as a day festival instead, the line up would have been this for 2022:

Kendrick Lamar/Pet Shop Boys/Bicep/CharliXCX

Lorde/Years&Years/Jarv is/Angelique Kidjo

Elbow/Kacey Musgraves/Jack White/Mcfly

Diana Ross/Fontaines DC/Amyl and the sniffers/Declan McKenna

George Ezra/Lianne La Havass/Nightmare on wax

Sea Girls/Sports Team/Kojey radical

You could have probably made it to one act on each line and made the 12:30 bus back. To me that's still pretty decent value over anything you'd get elsewhere.

Fair enough yep - the secret sets definitely add early in the day value.

Although it is more than 1/3 of the ticket price for 1/5 days was more my point. I guess you do get the coach too