Accommodation 1st December on Sale

Avalon_Fields

I’m tempted by a scout tent in Worthy View, tbh. We stayed in one in 2021 at Worthy Pastures and, boy, it will certainly be a damn sight easier and more comfortable than queuing through the Tuesday night to get a good spot in Cockmill. Has anyone got experience of staying at WV with kids? It’ll be me, my 14 year old and my 7 year old. Is the hill really that steep? What are the queues like to first get in? When would be the best time to arrive by car, middle of the Tuesday night??

Not stayed there with kids, but there were some around last this year, and VW was quiet in general.  I arrived at WV around 2pm on Wednesday this year and drove straight in - no queues to get to car park.  Queued for a few minutes to get wristbands and then straight to tent.  The hill was fine, only a few minutes walk and then you are in to the heart of the site.  It is also easy to get back during the day if you have to.  I think kids would be fine with the hill.  It is pricey, but it is worth thinking about, if finances permit.

4 minutes ago, Scrump said:

"As someone who has secured a ticket for Glastonbury 2023"

Can't afford any of these options by a country mile but I can't fail to love their opening line! Nice to get the the neurotic "I did actually get a ticket, right?" Thoughts to quiet down!

It’s gonna be onsite camping till I retire from the festival … or win lottery 

2 minutes ago, deadpheasant said:

Tried WV in 2019 and considering doing Sticklinch for 2023.

Are the two similar does anyone know?

Same tents and prices but Sticklinch doesn’t have the hill climb though according to reports it has less catering. Both have flushing bogs and composters. Only ever done WV so don’t know what Sticklinch is like. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Same tents and prices but Sticklinch doesn’t have the hill climb though according to reports it has less catering. Both have flushing bogs and composters. Only ever done WV so don’t know what Sticklinch is like. 

Yeah there were a handful of catering options, maybe somewhere between four and six at a guess and they're a minute or so from the flushing loos and showers. I did ever buy tea or a bite to eat, but often carried on walking to the site for other choices - you also pass the co op on one of the common routes. 

16 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Over the moon we went with love fields now... Would have cost us exactly the same price at Sticklinch!!!!

@Ayrshire Chris Are you going SL Scout again? 

Not sure, check my post on page 1 of this thread. We’ve provisionally booked other accommodation but still to make up our minds. 

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not sure, check my post on page 1 of this thread. We’ve provisionally booked other accommodation but still to make up our minds. 

How much was the B&B if you don't mind me asking? 

We've changed mostly to try and get closer, you seem to have gone the other way... But oh, to wake up to your own clean toilet, shower and coffee machine!!! 

• Upvote 1

Just now, t0paz said:

It seems pretty harsh to ask people for a large chunk of money in the same month as Christmas, in the midst of a cost of living crisis.

It would have been nice to see a deposit type system rather than having to pay up to £1,500 in one go.

There is the free option though, so there's probably no motivation to make this more affordable. Especially the higher end options like Tipis... Wonder if their stance is 'if you can't afford to pay it all at once, should you really be paying for it at all with a free option there?' Kind of like they see it as actually protecting people from overspending in a weird kind of way.... If that makes sense? 

47 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

How much was the B&B if you don't mind me asking? 

We've changed mostly to try and get closer, you seem to have gone the other way... But oh, to wake up to your own clean toilet, shower and coffee machine!!! 

a very nice B and B, near the centre of town,  850 for seven nights, Monday to Monday, booked it when we stayed there pre festival this year.  It’s provisional, still trying to make our minds up, I feel as if I’m being unfaithful to the festival😉😊

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

a very nice B and B, near the centre of town,  850 for seven nights, Monday to Monday, booked it when we stayed there pre festival this year.  It’s provisional, still trying to make our minds up, I feel as if I’m being unfaithful to the festival😉😊

You’ll be far too clean and fresh every day! Like the Sunday only people but every day 😂

55 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Snap their hands off!!! It is insane to think that you can pay that for a hotel / B&B and others pay more for a tent in a field!!!