Elton John: Will You Be There?

Hutchmaster

Elton John: Will You Be There?  

538 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be at the Pyramid for Elton John's Headline Performance?

• 100%: He's a must see!
    • Very, very likely: would take a lot to sway me away
    • On the fence: Wouldn't mind seeing him, but will assess options on other stages.
    • Unlikely: Might go if my crew goes/nothing else takes my fancy, but not too fussed
    • Not a chance: Will definitely be elsewhere

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

If it's just you then it's easy enough, if you're used to crowds like that.  If there's a big group of you with backpacks on just forget it and piss off lol 

If I'm with anyone at all I won't bother, was just my and my mrs. at a couple last year and neither one of us could be arsed with potentially losing each other constantly. Treating myself to a solo Download this year so I can slip through some crowds. Nobody likes daisychainers. 

1 hour ago, efcfanwirral said:

Only got in there a few times; did it for Wolf Alice this year and remembered how good it is. And how easy actually.

Best was for Springsteen in 09, during the kasabian changeover I just strolled to about 10 rows from the front. Probably why i enjoyed it so much while others didn't 

I'd be keen but some of our crew have thimble bladders lol

13 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I never carry a backpack to stages, if I can't carry it my pockets/wear it then I don't need it.

I'm the same, in the evening at least - if I'm not wearing it then it has to be hooked on to me!

22 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

I never carry a backpack to stages, if I can't carry it my pockets/wear it then I don't need it.

I was stood probably 6/7 rows from the barrier to see The National at Primavera last year, when two Spanish blokes pushed through with Military-esque, 4 foot tall backpacks halfway through the set. That was great, great fun and I really enjoyed not being able to see/move any part of my body whilst hearing two blokes shout to one another at a gig they clearly desperately wanted to be at. 

Yes, I'm still irked

5 hours ago, eddie_corrigan said:

Seen him last at the echo. Trust me you’ll want to see it. He did 2 1/2 hours nearly and it flew by. (Aside from a few mid 70’s deep cuts that seemed to get used for bar/loo runs) it’ll look amazing on the pyramid. I’m working on the assumption he might have a few special guests what with it allegedly being his last ever show though. 

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0318.jpeg

Glad you enjoyed it.

I must be getting really miserable. The films they showed during the songs really got on my nerves and his voice and changing tempo really wound me up. If I hadn’t got those tickets I would have gone to Anfield last year which was great by all accounts.

Hopefully Glastonbury is better but I’ll be on the fringes by the cider bus.

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

This is the thing. It's nowhere near as difficult as people think.

2 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I got in the pit for The Stones without having to stand through Primal Scream, got into the field as they were playing their final song. It was busy but certainly doable.

My son got in for Macca after Noel.

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

I'd be keen but some of our crew have thimble bladders lol

I do too!! But getting in during the changeover as mentioned above is the answer 

On 3/24/2023 at 12:20 PM, JayDiesel said:

I was stood probably 6/7 rows from the barrier to see The National at Primavera last year, when two Spanish blokes pushed through with Military-esque, 4 foot tall backpacks halfway through the set. That was great, great fun and I really enjoyed not being able to see/move any part of my body whilst hearing two blokes shout to one another at a gig they clearly desperately wanted to be at. 

Yes, I'm still irked

I was at the rail for this set, and the crush was bad. (also maybe my least favorite time watching The National play)

12 hours ago, Olshansky said:

I was at the rail for this set, and the crush was bad. (also maybe my least favorite time watching The National play)

Aw man, I had no idea it was that bad further ahead 😞

On a purely selfish note, it was probably the best setlist I've ever seen from a band in the flesh, it was as if they tapped into my head to extract the perfect festival setlist.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

We didn't even try and get through that Primavera main stage crowd, halfway every time. Just a diabolical setup. 

I had troubles with the biggggggg crowds - Dua Lipa and Gorillaz were borderline pointless, as the crowds were vast, dense, and full of bellends - but I got really good spots for a lot of the main stage acts I wanted to see. We worked out an efficient system by the second weekend, and would move in from the sides (or the adjoining stage) to get a pretty ace spot. Managed to see Lorde, The Strokes, Tame Impala, and The National in great spots, but I can see why people would be pissed off at the setup.

Edited by JayDiesel
  • Like 1

On 3/28/2023 at 11:38 AM, nikkic said:

Set list from his most recent show, few deep cuts but in general it's wall to wall bangers. 

16-20 pre encore could be the best 25-30 mins ever witnessed at The Pyramid. 
image.thumb.png.2754f9a0e114dc148f8346d223094ff4.png

Good to see Benny and Tiny D so close to the beginning. It would allow me to see my two favourites and then bugger off somewhere else for an hour before coming back for songs from 18 until the encore.

That's only because I'll already have seen him mind you by the time Glasto rolls around, otherwise I'd stay for the whole shebang!

2 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Good to see Benny and Tiny D so close to the beginning. It would allow me to see my two favourites and then bugger off somewhere else for an hour before coming back for songs from 18 until the encore.

That's only because I'll already have seen him mind you by the time Glasto rolls around, otherwise I'd stay for the whole shebang!

This might be me since I'll be coming in from Candi on WH. Might just catch up to Rocket Man and then head elsewhere, already caught him at BST last year. 

59 minutes ago, BenG92 said:

This might be me since I'll be coming in from Candi on WH. Might just catch up to Rocket Man and then head elsewhere, already caught him at BST last year. 

Candi into Elton is a great sub/headliner combo and going by the line-up prediction here, I'd likely do the same -

Potentially ending up at the Other for QOTSA, or seeing who's at Woodsies and then heading back to the end of Elton. Only problem of leaving EJ and returning is that you're then going to be way at the sides or at the back. Or just staying wherever I left for.

First thing though... is getting a ticket in the resale!

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Looks like the set lists are fairly consistent, not many changes from night to night. 

Bangers early on and the final third. Potential for the casual fan to become a little bored in the middle. 

How many of the casuals are gonna put their lighters/phone torches in the air for the Princess Diana tribute though?

ugh, Candle in the wind is dreadful, the only crap tune on the otherwise majestic Goodbye Yellow Brick Road album - its what the skip button was born to deal with 

edit: even Jamaica jerk-off is alright 😄

Edited by balti-pie