Who subs for elton?

Respectfatfrog

I reckon Lizzo has to be favourite for this - her tour dates align as well.

Aren't Pulp a better shout to sub on the Arctic Monkeys day, given the Sheffield connection?

Agree that Dua Lipa is headline material now - and still think she's an obvious shout if they decide they need at least one female headliner.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, goonerben said:

I reckon Lizzo has to be favourite for this - her tour dates align as well.

Aren't Pulp a better shout to sub on the Arctic Monkeys day, given the Sheffield connection?

Agree that Dua Lipa is headline material now - and still think she's an obvious shout if they decide they need at least one female headliner.

Lizzo sub one of the 3 days looks very likely

if pulp sub i doubt it will be to AM’s as glasto try to have lots of crowd churn by making the headliner & sub have different appeal. I’d prefer to see them headline the other myself.

Dua is nailed on to headline the pyramid in the next 3-4 festivals and wont appear until she does

1 hour ago, Muppetmark said:

Surely you mean sub for gnr. No way they clash paramore with gnr 

Maybe genre-wise but age-wise there’s a fair gap I reckon. Probably right that it won’t happen though.

1 hour ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Does that really matter? From memory we've had some pretty strange 1-2s at the pyramid - Tame Impala and Adele for example.

Very true!! 

53 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

Lizzo sub one of the 3 days looks very likely

if pulp sub i doubt it will be to AM’s as glasto try to have lots of crowd churn by making the headliner & sub have different appeal. I’d prefer to see them headline the other myself.

Dua is nailed on to headline the pyramid in the next 3-4 festivals and wont appear until she does

The thought of Pulp on the Other gives me the heebies cos you KNOW they’d be up against Elton. 

I'd bet both balls Sam Fender won't play next year, or Years & Years.

Lizzo does seem the best fit of the rumoured artists at the mo and whilst Lizzo > Reg is a great party to end the festival, I think she's good enough to warrant an Other headline slot.  Plus if - as looks favourite - there isn't a female headliner on El Pointo next year - surely they'd look to balance this out in a way and there aren't that many female acts who appear to be active in 2023 to fill those slots.

Knowing how they try to mix it up and get foot traffic round the place I wouldn't be surprised if it's QOTSA.

7 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I'd bet both balls Sam Fender won't play next year, or Years & Years.

Lizzo does seem the best fit of the rumoured artists at the mo and whilst Lizzo > Reg is a great party to end the festival, I think she's good enough to warrant an Other headline slot.  Plus if - as looks favourite - there isn't a female headliner on El Pointo next year - surely they'd look to balance this out in a way and there aren't that many female acts who appear to be active in 2023 to fill those slots.

Knowing how they try to mix it up and get foot traffic round the place I wouldn't be surprised if it's QOTSA.

From “I hope they do something to compensate for the lack of a female Pyramid headliner” to “I wouldn’t be surprised if Elton’s sub is a woman beater”, this post was a rollercoaster 😄 

Please not Lizzo

Nick Cave would be great. Was there for his Mumfords subbing slot and the "how dare Glasto put this filth on before the Mumfords" messages at the time were absolutely hilarious especially given how triumphant a set Nick played that day. Do you all remember the reaching out to the girl in the crowd. A real Glastonbury Moment