Who subs for elton?

Respectfatfrog

2 minutes ago, airwaves said:

Please not Lizzo

Nick Cave would be great. Was there for his Mumfords subbing slot and the "how dare Glasto put this filth on before the Mumfords" messages at the time were absolutely hilarious especially given how triumphant a set Nick played that day. Do you all remember the reaching out to the girl in the crowd. A real Glastonbury Moment

Might be my imagination but I feel like he’s much more popular now than he was in 2013, think there’d be a lot less eyebrows raised these days. Hope so anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Might be my imagination but I feel like he’s much more popular now than he was in 2013, think there’d be a lot less eyebrows raised these days. Hope so anyway. 

Peaky Blinders wasn't even out yet at that point in 2013! I'd imagine there would still be raised eyebrows, but for different reasons

Just now, Suprefan said:

Hopefully not against him. Elton gave them high praise on his Rocket Hour show.

They do always try and split the crowd a bit though, so whoever he's up against is likely to be a pretty strong draw.

Under normal circumstances I would 100% agree Dua Lipa is headline or nothing, BUT with her being good mates with Elton and the prospect of an enormous Glastonbury crowd there for her set (some for her, some getting there early for Elton) I wonder if she would be swayed.

Dua > Elton would be absolutely incredible.

• Upvote 1

Not sure why so many people are saying Cave as he spent nearly the whole of 22 on the road. I'd be surprised if they play, but if they do it will be a sub slot again for sure.

Would love them to play, but Pulp or Lizzo would be a fun time. As a friend of the festival I don't see Jarvis getting chucked on Other against Elton. I think they're more likely to be subs but if they're on Other I'd think Saturday.