Happy Winter Solstice!

Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, westholtschic said:

Gutted couldn’t make it up the Tor this morning. Did my first night shift in 6 years and didn’t get home to 0730 and didn’t have anything left in my tank to climb it😥

No matter what time of the year it is climbing the Tor and spending some quiet time up there is a wonderful experience . 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

No matter what time of the year it is climbing the Tor and spending some quiet time up there is a wonderful experience . 

It certainly is. Going up Christmas Day and New Years Eve for midnight to see the fireworks. Hopefully going for a walk round the farm on Friday. Seasons greetings to everyone, you beautiful people x

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

It certainly is. Going up Christmas Day and New Years Eve for midnight to see the fireworks. Hopefully going for a walk round the farm on Friday. Seasons greetings to everyone, you beautiful people x

Aw stop it you’re making me jealous!😊.  Hope the weather is as good for you up the Tor as it was for us recently. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

Wonderful to realise the days will finally be getting longer from now, all the way up to Glasto. Its the one thing that I hate the most about this time of year - that there is simply too few hours of light to get anything seriously outside.

Yes, hate sitting at four in the afternoon staring out the window into the darkness! One good thing since I retired has been being able to get out walking in the daylight in the depths of winter. Going to work and returning home in the dark always pissed me off.