Stone Circle

marathonsteve

2 hours ago, Breeze said:

As we're on the topic of the SE corner, did anyone check this out last year? Looks like it would have been very cool. Was it a one off?

image.thumb.png.521ccc75d10d52d0aac1684901e4429f.png

a few areas had floats i think, the arcadia bug was about too - it passed by glasto latino while i was there

I went up there at around midnight one October a few years back. It was well frightening up there on my own in the moonlight. I sat by one of the stones and started to hear rustling noises from the hedges and the odd twig snapping in the distance. Then I remembered all the people whose ashes had been scattered around where I was sitting. I lasted about 30 minutes before I freaked out and got out of there. It's wonderful up there during the day when the festival isn't on. Not so good at night though.

I recall one of my friends (Ollie) having to take an important business call when we were in the Stone Circle one year. Once this call was over, he could party. Anyway, the call came in from the Far East, and he's trying to get some privacy so heads away from all people and up to an unoccupied area , which I think was next to a hedge. Would that be right - is there a hedge on the left hand side as you go through the entrance to the Stone Circle. Pretty sure there is, but I'm losing faith in my memory a little on this one. 

Anyway, he turns away from the crowd and to all intents and purposes it actually looks like he is pissing in the hedge. And queue the Green Police waving pom poms all over him. This is his very important business call, and he's hasn't got a clue why all these people are attacking him with pom poms - and him trying to talk sensibly.

6 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I recall one of my friends (Ollie) having to take an important business call when we were in the Stone Circle one year. Once this call was over, he could party. Anyway, the call came in from the Far East, and he's trying to get some privacy so heads away from all people and up to an unoccupied area , which I think was next to a hedge. Would that be right - is there a hedge on the left hand side as you go through the entrance to the Stone Circle. Pretty sure there is, but I'm losing faith in my memory a little on this one. 

Anyway, he turns away from the crowd and to all intents and purposes it actually looks like he is pissing in the hedge. And queue the Green Police waving pom poms all over him. This is his very important business call, and he's hasn't got a clue why all these people are attacking him with pom poms - and him trying to talk sensibly.

Sort of setting up a hedge fund then ? 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't heard of that name either. I'm guessing it's a reference to 'Charles' Bronson. Anyone?

Definitely... Given it was absoloutely everywhere last year. Bloody hate the stuff, and the horse tranquiliser!!!

Wish people would get back into the disco smarties. 😞 Not that I'd be joining in, probably too old for that now, but I would have loved to experience the vibe at Glasto when that was the chosen one. 

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Fish. He buys and sells fish. Not exactly like a high street fish monger. He buys (and sells) consignments of fish up to seven figures sterling, at a time. So he is in the 'futures market', so to speak.

Fish trading in the stone circle is a new one to me …seems like the wrong plaice to be doing that 

1 minute ago, Alvoram said:

Definitely... Given it was absoloutely everywhere last year. Bloody hate the stuff, and the horse tranquiliser!!!

Wish people would get back into the disco smarties. 😞 Not that I'd be joining in, probably too old for that now, but I would have loved to experience the vibe at Glasto when that was the chosen one. 

Thanks for responding Alvoram. 

I have been accidentally dosed with ket twice (as has my wife). We run an Airbnb cabin. The last time this happened my wife was on her hands and knees in the cabin and speaking in tongues. The cabin guests that evening were a couple who were both Oxford University dons. In the meantime, I was sprawled out on our bed thinking that I was 'The God molecule'. My ex dealer was (and probably still is) a dozy w*nker!

9 hours ago, Alvoram said:

Everyone is still on the disco smarties. They take the Bronson to keep going after they wear off.

11 hours ago, Neil said:

someone should privatise it.

They could offer sponsorship of each stone. Approach major forward-thinking Glasto-aligned brands like Monsanto etc. in the first instance. The sponsorship would stop the massive drain on resources the stone circle currently is and make sure it pays its own way. A small percentage of the revenue from the sponsorship could be used to pay for additional police inside the circle 24/7 during the festival. Perhaps some folks from the Noise Abatement Society could also be employed across the whole sacred space to make sure nobody plays any drums or digis during the festival thereby selfishly depriving people of much-needed rest. 

Any other ideas folks?

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

They could offer sponsorship of each stone. Approach major forward-thinking Glasto-aligned brands like Monsanto etc. in the first instance. The sponsorship would stop the massive drain on resources the stone circle currently is and make sure it pays its own way. A small percentage of the revenue from the sponsorship could be used to pay for additional police inside the circle 24/7 during the festival. Perhaps some folks from the Noise Abatement Society could also be employed across the whole sacred space to make sure nobody plays any drums or digis during the festival thereby selfishly depriving people of much-needed rest. 

Any other ideas folks?

Percentage of the revenue could go back to buying more stones = more sponsors and so on. Stone circle pyramid scheme.

8 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

What do you mean 'wear off?' Don't people just drop another half anymore? 

Exactly what I was thinking, it's certainly how I do it.

People aren't using coke after the MDMA has worn off, they're doing it right through the night.

I also question whether "everyone" is still dropping pills, the vibe last year suggested otherwise.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

People aren't using coke after the MDMA has worn off, they're doing it right through the night.

I also question whether "everyone" is still dropping pills, the vibe last year suggested otherwise.

Nothing like a judgmental drug taker! 

Just do your thing boys. 

8 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Nothing like a judgmental drug taker! 

Just do your thing boys. 

Yeh I didn't mean to be judgey towards anyone. Sorry if that's the way it came off 😕 

I was just saying I really enjoyed nightclubs and free partys in my younger years, when everyone was loved up on the same thing, the atmosphere was always incredible. I'd love to see what it would be like scaled up to an event like glastonbury. 

19 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

Yeh I didn't mean to be judgey towards anyone. Sorry if that's the way it came off 😕 

I was just saying I really enjoyed nightclubs and free partys in my younger years, when everyone was loved up on the same thing, the atmosphere was always incredible. I'd love to see what it would be like scaled up to an event like glastonbury. 

It's still there if you look in the right places.  As it always has, the music defines the crowd and some scenes attract more idiots than others, but there's plenty of loved up experiences to be had.