2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

1 minute ago, faymondo said:

Surely they must know how many have been claimed and also released into the wild ? 

Last week 20,000 out of 25,000 bars had been opened and only 2 pairs had been claimed, a week later and pretty much every oxfam has sold out and there’s still 3 pairs yet to be claimed! I think the other 3 pairs are in the process of being sold on and will be claimed by the highest bidder. 

52 minutes ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Last week 20,000 out of 25,000 bars had been opened and only 2 pairs had been claimed, a week later and pretty much every oxfam has sold out and there’s still 3 pairs yet to be claimed! I think the other 3 pairs are in the process of being sold on and will be claimed by the highest bidder. 

Hmmmmmm interesting. I suppose that is a risk with the golden ticket approach rather than having to provide details etc to enter a competition 

I’m annoyed to say the least. A case of brothers cider turned up that I paid £9 to deliver. Cos of my chemo I can’t drink so to add insult to injury zi had to get alcohol free which was only a couple of quid cheaper. I have neuropathy in my fingers is there a trick to actually peeling the code off? It’s taking forever. Not only that the first code I put in says it’s already been used. Out of the box so can only be at their end. I’m so upset I could be sat here for two hours peeling the bloody things off. 

52 minutes ago, angelin said:

I’m annoyed to say the least. A case of brothers cider turned up that I paid £9 to deliver. Cos of my chemo I can’t drink so to add insult to injury zi had to get alcohol free which was only a couple of quid cheaper. I have neuropathy in my fingers is there a trick to actually peeling the code off? It’s taking forever. Not only that the first code I put in says it’s already been used. Out of the box so can only be at their end. I’m so upset I could be sat here for two hours peeling the bloody things off. 

I found it awkward even with functioning fingertips! Can you safely use a knife to slide under the edge? Or maybe strong sellotape stuck on and peeled back? Good luck. 

2 hours ago, jonnyisRFC said:

Not necessarily. 

Closing date is ages away and I bought several as pressies, haven't seen this person yet... 

20230505_123938.jpg

2 hours ago, clarkete said:

Not necessarily. 

Closing date is ages away and I bought several as pressies, haven't seen this person yet... 

20230505_123938.jpg

That’s impressive! A bar of chocolate doesn’t last more than 24 hours in my household 😂

1 hour ago, cb4747 said:

That’s impressive! A bar of chocolate doesn’t last more than 24 hours in my household 😂

Yeah, the one that wasn't a pressie is long since gone. 

I made the mistake of telling them I'd got it 🙄

I wasn’t a fan of it tbh. I’d have preferred a fruit and nut one. I never want to eat it again tbh. There’s still afew in my area but I’m over trying now. I find it hard to believe we’ve had all those winners I feel there’s been more tickets as prizes this year yet no big fanfares on social media. It’s all abit quiet really.

7 minutes ago, thewomble said:

40 mile round trip and 5 chocolate bars later. Absolutely nout

C61D8A2F-6339-47A2-A924-573B126F2E72.thumb.jpeg.1ad685d03e089b2c3240fac152cd3ec5.jpeg

Good find . I’d imagine oxfam staff all over the U.K. are now answering phones with a no we haven’t got any message . Just like I’ve been doing umpteen times a day with that bloody prime drink 

On 5/4/2023 at 9:09 PM, BookAngel said:

I think this is the only competition that wins you travel to the festival as well as tickets? National Express should hold one!

gwr.JPG

Hope Aslef union manage to get a good deal for the workers before Glastonbury otherwise the trains might not be on again anyway 😞

12 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Good find . I’d imagine oxfam staff all over the U.K. are now answering phones with a no we haven’t got any message . Just like I’ve been doing umpteen times a day with that bloody prime drink 

There was quite a few bars left surprisingly! There was an Oxfam and Oxfam book shop next door to each other, both had about 10 bars left. Felt ridiculous buying more than 5 though. We only need one ticket so will try another shop that I’ll pass on my way home from work next week. Gotta keep trying 🤞🏻good luck with the Prime 😂

1 hour ago, thewomble said:

40 mile round trip and 5 chocolate bars later. Absolutely nout

C61D8A2F-6339-47A2-A924-573B126F2E72.thumb.jpeg.1ad685d03e089b2c3240fac152cd3ec5.jpeg

A deliberate 40 mile round trip, or were you doing other things while on that journey, may I ask? If it was just to get those 5 bars, then I think that my head's going to explode. No way can I fully compute that notion. Please put me out of my misery? 

40 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

A deliberate 40 mile round trip, or were you doing other things while on that journey, may I ask? If it was just to get those 5 bars, then I think that my head's going to explode. No way can I fully compute that notion. Please put me out of my misery? 

Bit of both really ha. Had nothing else on this morning and a half hour drive each way doesn’t bother me at all. Shorter than my commute to work each day and was a nice little town to wander round. Walked the dog along the river in the sun.