2023 ticket competitions

Leyrulion

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

But still, if there’s a chance of winning tickets by just having a whinge on Twitter surely it’s of note (and worth us all having a try?)

Absolutely. They're likely to get tagged in thousands of unsuccessful ticket day tweets going forward 😄 

3 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

But still, if there’s a chance of winning tickets by just having a whinge on Twitter surely it’s of note (and worth us all having a try?)

Looks like people are starting to do that after that user's 'random' win but Vodafone aren't playing ball! https://twitter.com/VodafoneUK/status/1656303242601529345

26 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

This is bizarre. I'm sure there will be thousands of tweets like this from ticket day. I imagine the shitshow she refers to is the failed payments (it was a shitshow to be fair). Still odd to pick out a random tweet from 6 months ago though...

Does she have a load of followers? It annoys the hell out of me, but loads of companies and especially mobile companies absolutely fall over themselves to indulge people who they think are "influencers".

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

Absolutely. They're likely to get tagged in thousands of unsuccessful ticket day tweets going forward 😄 

My friend has just DM'd them (God knows what he said aha) but can imagine they'll get a lot of that now. They might have shot themselves in the foot with their 'random' (albeit maybe not) act of kindness.

37 minutes ago, Joey01 said:

They might have shot themselves in the foot with their 'random' (albeit maybe not) act of kindness.

I have 'very' little knowledge of Twitter, but your post above did remind me of the Walkers Crisps fail;

Walkers Crisps twitter video gone wrong

Walkers Crisps twitter video gone wrong

And then there's the person who hacked into Greggs Twitter account and altered it to read 'providing sh** to scum for 70 years' 

Thinking about it, I actually know more than I thought about Twitter. 

Edited by Yoghurt on a Stick

32 minutes ago, august1 said:

something very off about pulling a random old sweary tweet slagging off seetickets to then be given tickets out the blue? hmm

I'm sure it would be easy to pull a much better tweet from the recent resale

How can slagging off seetickets result in being given free tickets? If that was the case, then half the members on this forum would be getting free tickets, its a dangerous precedent for Vodafone to set and not one im comfortable with, there are hundreds if not thousands of disappointed Glastonbury fans out there, should we all go over to twitter and start slagging off anyone linked to the ticket sales? I used to work on a service desk back in the day and from past experience, those praising your efforts are more deserving of getting something for nothing, not those who slag you off

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, prestonmike said:

How can slagging off seetickets result in being given free tickets? If that was the case, then half the members on this forum would be getting free tickets, its a dangerous precedent for Vodafone to set and not one im comfortable with, there are hundreds if not thousands of disappointed Glastonbury fans out there, should we all go over to twitter and start slagging off anyone linked to the ticket sales? I used to work on a service desk back in the day and from past experience, those praising your efforts are more deserving of getting something for nothing, not those who slag you off

she wants ticketmaster to take over and have a queue for Glasto.. no thanks 🤣

I reckon someone who works at vodafone watches her on twitch and somehow found themselves in a position to help and thought it would slip under the radar.

It just doesnt seem very professional for a big company to pick that tweet out, and there is no unique words in her twitter post to pull out a 6 month old post on a random search either, really odd

Is a bit annoying some of this (mainly jealousy on my part!). I managed to go to 11 festivals in a row and now only managed to get tickets for one of the last four. Seems like that will become much more the norm as it goes on. That’s with multiple people trying in different locations, connections, devices etc. well done you lucky people that still mange to get them every year!

36 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Cheese butty winner can't have the tickets because he already has some.

Hmmm. I didn't think they asked for your reg number if you won so I wonder how they knew. Unless some of them do require you to be registered and then they ask for your info.

I've have a ticket but have entered some competitions on the off chance of winning and getting another ticketless friend in. Assumed that would have been alright but maybe not?

2 hours ago, august1 said:

she wants ticketmaster to take over and have a queue for Glasto.. no thanks 🤣

I reckon someone who works at vodafone watches her on twitch and somehow found themselves in a position to help and thought it would slip under the radar.

It just doesnt seem very professional for a big company to pick that tweet out, and there is no unique words in her twitter post to pull out a 6 month old post on a random search either, really odd

This is what’s really bugging me, if you’re going to randomly dish out tickets to people upset by the November ticket sale there are bigger ‘Influencers’ to give them to, her tweet had 3 likes, that’s hardly a big reach. Not that I’m going to dive into Twitter since I deleted my account, but there’s probably people with better sob stories than ‘kids crying thanks’. My brief browse of the Twitter feed page already had people asking if they could have tickets for their cancer diagnosis… 

The odds of a Vodafone employee stumbling across this tweet by chance are lottery odds. 

5 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

The odds of a Vodafone employee stumbling across this tweet by chance are lottery odds. 

Not in a position to check at the moment but from memory when I checked her twitter earlier she had a YouTube too. Would be curious to see if Vodafone get a sponsored section on any upcoming videos 😄 

9 minutes ago, Old_Johno said:

Not that I’m going to dive into Twitter since I deleted my account, but there’s probably people with better sob stories than ‘kids crying thanks’. My brief browse of the Twitter feed page already had people asking if they could have tickets for their cancer diagnosis… 

the reason she was upset missing out on tickets, this was the last year her kid could have got in for free being under 12

Also put another post up showing Reading ticket bought, sod Glasto or words to that effect 

Contrast to the joy of those random people opening the chocolate bar to reveal the golden ticket, its night and day.

maybe i'm being harsh and soulless 🤣

After hearing about the cheese butty situation its put me right off. Ive spent loads of money and wasted loads of time trying to win just one ticket for a friend. I mean, surely you can ditch your own. I wonder if the6 all have the same rule?

15 minutes ago, angelin said:

After hearing about the cheese butty situation its put me right off. Ive spent loads of money and wasted loads of time trying to win just one ticket for a friend. I mean, surely you can ditch your own. I wonder if the6 all have the same rule?

I'm assuming the person who actually needs the ticket has to come forward to claim the prize.

Not worth risking returning yours to claim a free one imo. Tbh if a mate won me a ticket, i'd happily pay for theirs or at least go halves on it!

9 hours ago, angelin said:

Ahh I’ve just read about the cheese sarnie man! That’s a shame.

12 hours ago, angelin said:

You usually have to enter the festival as a winner with your guest and most T&C say you have to register- it’s too late to get a refund on existing tickets now anyway so assume this is why. 

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Good idea but I'm confident the missing tickets have been thrown away by people unaware or not bothered about them. Still won't stop me buying a bar if there are any actually out there. All sold out locally though.