Lost at Glasto

marathonsteve

I once got very briefly lost in Undle Ground. Now this is ridiculous as I've been based in that area for the vast majority of the festivals I've been to.

Went into a friends tent for a smoke, got hammered on some exceptional hash, stumbled out and temporarily didn't have a clue where I was.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Skip997 said:

IWent into a friends tent for a smoke, got hammered on some exceptional hash, stumbled out and temporarily didn't have a clue where I was.

I can see how that could be a thing. I don't suppose you can remember what your first thoughts were on entering this new universe, can you?

Fab tale btw.

On 1/7/2023 at 6:19 PM, Skip997 said:

I once got very briefly lost in Undle Ground. Now this is ridiculous as I've been based in that area for the vast majority of the festivals I've been to.

Went into a friends tent for a smoke, got hammered on some exceptional hash, stumbled out and temporarily didn't have a clue where I was.

Haha, we have been there.

On a different note. Took friends to The Big Chill.  Met up with other festival friends where we had good food. Hash brownies passed around. Said Friends are up and off. Took them 5 hours to find their tent. spent  at least 20 minutes on a road/pathway waiting for the vehicles to pass by, only to realise that the lights were just the lights they hang from ropes along pathways. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fred quimby said:

Haha, we have been there.

On a different note. Took friends to The Big Chill.  Met up with other festival friends where we had good food. Hash brownies passed around. Said Friends are up and off. Took them 5 hours to find their tent. spent  at least 20 minutes on a road/pathway waiting for the vehicles to pass by, only to realise that the lights were just the lights they hang from ropes along pathways. 

I had cause to send this footage to another efester in the wee hours of this morning (see video). Now, if you replace the word 'drunk' in the title, with 'stoned', i'd say you'd probably be where your friends were at! 

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, marathonsteve said:

I use the Pylons as a guide back to where my tent is

Do they charge for this service? Also - do they do most of the talking, or do you feel that you are you able to get a word in edgewise too? Oh, one final thing is - How would you rate the service provided by these talking pylons, on a scale of 1 to 5?

1 minute ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Do they charge for this service? Also - do they do most of the talking, or do you feel that you are you able to get a word in edgewise too? Oh, one final thing is - How would you rate the service provided by these talking pylons, on a scale of 1 to 5?

they dont really reply much .... but do provide a buzz 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

they dont really reply much .... but do provide a buzz 

Are you aware that as a Brummie it is mandatory that I immediately thought of one of these, once I read that last word?

Transforming public transport | Policy and insight

And that in turn got me to wondering what fine 'things' these pylons are. Their altruism knows no bounds, and also embraces what the festival stands for.