Planning application to secure a permanent full planning permission for Glastonbury Festival

Dukeicon

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

Not sure how they change the fallow year thing as it’s not part of the planning permission.

Nor is it part of the event license at the moment. if they want to make it part of the event license then I would expect GFL to want something in return. Limited Thursday main stage running?

not totally sure how it all works .... but no mentions of anything like that ... and Melvin was there till the end 

22 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Only just joined in time for them to finish, did they pass the licensing 

It's a Parish Council - they can't pass (or reject) it - all they can do is agree on an opinion which then gets passed to Mendip (or if this reaches April, Somerset) to be considered alongside everything else.

Edited by incident

1 minute ago, incident said:

It's a Parish Council - they can't pass (or reject) it - all they can do is agree on an opinion which then gets passed to Mendip (or if this reaches April, Somerset) to be considered alongside everything else.

they forwarded an opinion agreed by all based on the amendments .... and covered by my posts above but not word for word im afraid as my shorthand is rubbish 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Wasn't sure where to ask this question and didn't want to start a new thread, saw the mention of fallow in this discussion:

Do we know for certainty that Glasto is happening in 2024, and when is the next anticipated fallow year, 25? 26?

Thanks 

Based on the permission it will be 2026.

1 minute ago, Stokesy10 said:

Wasn't sure where to ask this question and didn't want to start a new thread, saw the mention of fallow in this discussion:

Do we know for certainty that Glasto is happening in 2024, and when is the next anticipated fallow year, 25? 26?

Thanks 

Yes, Emily said headliners are booked for "next year".

Assumption is that '22 is the start of a reset cycle of fallow years. So we'll have '22,-'26 with 2027 being the fallow year. 

Just now, Leyrulion said:

Yes, Emily said headliners are booked for "next year".

Assumption is that '22 is the start of a reset cycle of fallow years. So we'll have '22,-'26 with 2027 being the fallow year. 

I thought the permission was granted for 4 on 1 off?

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I thought the permission was granted for 4 on 1 off?

Pretty sure it's 5&1 as it ran 2013-2017 with 2018 off.

Was meant to run 2019-2023 with 2024 off but that's been pushed back now with 20 and 21 being cancelled so 22 was seen as the start of a new 5 years.

For entirely selfish reasons, i'd like the fallow year to be 2026. Im planning on going to the World Cup and having glastonbury also on my calendar would make things altogether very busy around june/july. Can someone make Michael and Emily aware of this please? Thanks. 

On 3/29/2023 at 11:41 PM, Leyrulion said:

Read the planning officers report here. 

https://www.mendip.gov.uk/article/11464/Planning-Board-Wednesday-29-March-2023

Seems to have been approved with the conditions attached- nothing jumping out at me specifically.

Switch to Somerset Council seems to have ballsed that link up - can't find on new site either. 

6 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

For entirely selfish reasons, i'd like the fallow year to be 2026. Im planning on going to the World Cup and having glastonbury also on my calendar would make things altogether very busy around june/july. Can someone make Michael and Emily aware of this please? Thanks. 

Besides we don't want the old 'Should they show football at Glastonbury' debate if it can be avoided.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, balti-pie said:

You can watch England get knocked out in the round of 32 by Saudi Arabia in West Holt's on Thursday with the rest of us!