Camping Plans for 2024

Supernintendo Chalmers

11 hours ago, Anon12465 said:

Arriving mid day ish weds planning to set up in dairy ground Do you think we’d be able to save space for another 4 man tent next to ours for another family arriving at maybe 6-7pm. Only thing is we won’t be waiting by the tent as will want to go and explore with the kids.  Thinking of maybe just pegging their groundsheet out and hoping for the best that nobody moves it as dairy is a slow filler?

mignt be worth putting their entire tent up for them if you’re putting their groundsheet up? 

47 minutes ago, Metal Monkey said:

Has anyone on here camped in Backhouse, Baileys or Rigs field? They look like they have more space between tents than other places. Are they flat? 
Still trying to decide where’s quietest and not too hilly. 

I've camped in Rigs Field twice. It's on a gentle slope but didn't notice it when camped. Also had loads of room the whole festival (was last there 2019)

Edited by Helsbels

42 minutes ago, Helsbels said:

I've camped in Rigs Field twice. It's on a gentle slope but didn't notice it when camped. Also had loads of room the whole festival (was last there 2019)

Thanks. That looks like the quietest of the 3 but I assumed it would be too hilly. 

This will be my first time since 2016 so trying to plan where to camp. We used to always stay near the John Peel but it's all changed since back then. 

Has anyone camped on Lower Mead in recent years and if so how did you find it? 

Same question goes for Spring Ground as well?

On 6/15/2024 at 6:34 PM, Metal Monkey said:

Has anyone on here camped in Backhouse, Baileys or Rigs field? They look like they have more space between tents than other places. Are they flat? 

We walked through Rigs from Sticklinch in 2022 and it was still not full up by Thursday. And not hilly- flat. 

Edited by sedra

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

This will be my first time since 2016 so trying to plan where to camp. We used to always stay near the John Peel but it's all changed since back then. 

Spring Ground is accessibility camping. 

8 minutes ago, sedra said:

Spring Ground is accessibility camping. 

Ah that probably explains why I haven't seen it mentioned much on here.

So I'm probably looking towards Lower Mead or possibly the bottom part of Michael's Mead. Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about that area? Not worried about noise.

Screenshot_20240619-090846_Glastonbury.jpg

2 hours ago, Alan_C said:

Ah that probably explains why I haven't seen it mentioned much on here.

So I'm probably looking towards Lower Mead or possibly the bottom part of Michael's Mead. Does anyone have anything positive or negative to say about that area? Not worried about noise.

Screenshot_20240619-090846_Glastonbury.jpg

I've only camped halfway up Michaels Mead where the hill gets less severe and there were amazing views but the hill at the end of the night was a bit of a kicker, especially if you had to go back down to the toilet before bed. Noise not an issue at all 

2 hours ago, Alan_C said:

I like it, its where i always used to camp with my pals before starting volunteering etc. As close to the lockups as poss, so easy access to the toilets just by the woods, a nearby bar with Mandela, and really central. Ok its a bit of a stroll from the SE corner, but i do like opening the tent flaps up and seeing the pyramid from where i'm sat having my morning tea, its iconic even if i dont watch any acts there! 

On 6/19/2024 at 8:55 AM, Alan_C said:

Lower mead very busy when we arrived around 11 last year ... is our normal spot so we moved to Michaels mead which had a decent amount of room then 

On 6/15/2024 at 1:34 PM, Metal Monkey said:

I’ve camped in Rigs Field every year since I’ve been going to the festival and last year it was rammed by Thursday early afternoon. We were camped next to massive group of people that got “spun” in! 

Edited by Frances_S
additional info

Any tips on getting through Campervan gate C, rather than main gate B? Aiming for Kidney Mead. Had a much better time avoiding Gate B last year (red line was our route) but wondering if it’s pot luck or if I can somehow improve my chances…

c748bbc4-53a7-42ae-ac74-dde690028d04.jpeg

56 minutes ago, bb2020 said:

Any tips on getting through Campervan gate C, rather than main gate B? Aiming for Kidney Mead. Had a much better time avoiding Gate B last year (red line was our route) but wondering if it’s pot luck or if I can somehow improve my chances…

c748bbc4-53a7-42ae-ac74-dde690028d04.jpeg

Depends what time you arrive and where they are directing cars - we always camped in Kidney Mead and arrived about 7.30am and got purple 7 or 8 so could walk through campervan fields to gate C. The campervan fields have been extended though so less space there. You could say to the stewards you are joining friends in campervan field so could get direct to 11/12/13 as well but it might just be pot luck. Not sure where the Tuesday overnight arrivals end up in Purple though? 

Hi Guys, 

We are arriving at PG A on a coach at about 11am and looking to camp in Paines Ground. Has anyone got any guidance on what is the best route to take to walk there? The yellow route or the red route or is much the same? Thanks! 

Screenshot_20240623_140754_Chrome.jpg

Ped Gate B or C? Some advice needed.

We have only ever gone through C as we hired a campervan, but this year we are tenting (proudly). Looking at camping somewhere on the north side, starting at Big Ground, and then if that's full, moseying over to Michael's Mead etc. We'll arrive somewhere mid/late Weds morning.

Don't care about the "hill of doom" outside C, but don't fancy the shlep past 5 squillion campervans just to get to the gate.

So question: is Ped Gate B our better bet, or does it go so rammed that Ped Gate C is still a better option. If B, any tips on the best route to the car parks nearby and to not got funneled to the ones nearer C?