Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

1 hour ago, Pipine said:

I’ll go see Blondie, only seen them once in NYC which wasn’t great but maybe because they were on really late and we’d got bored waiting.. and we were stood next to a super fan who just talked through the whole thing.  

Never quite got those who declare themselves as superfans and then proceed to talk through a show.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

He's also in a band with Clem Burke and Katie Puckrick off of.....er.....The Word. 

The Clemster was definitely talking about Blondie, right?

I've asked him. We'll see if I get an answer. He's played Glastonbury twice fairly recently. Acoustic in 2016 and Earache Express in 2017.

13 hours ago, Pipine said:

I’ll go see Blondie, only seen them once in NYC which wasn’t great but maybe because they were on really late and we’d got bored waiting.. and we were stood next to a super fan who just talked through the whole thing.  

When they were on at glasto it was very early and wasn’t great either! 

I've said before, I feel like they've painted themselves into a corner with this teatime slot, setting some precedents, particularly over the past few years with more colourful, anthemic, upbeat pop acts. There's maybe an expectation now that the slot will be filled with acts that encourage flash mobs and fancy dress. From what I've heard, we won't be getting that this year. And that will disappoint those who have become accustomed to this slot being a fun beginning to the closing out of the weekend

Just now, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I've said before, I feel like they've painted themselves into a corner with this teatime slot, setting some precedents, particularly over the past few years with more colourful, anthemic, upbeat pop acts. There's maybe an expectation now that the slot will be filled with acts that encourage flash mobs and fancy dress. From what I've heard, we won't be getting that this year. And that will disappoint those who have become accustomed to this slot being a fun beginning to the closing out of the weekend

Agreed.

On the face of it we have been rather spoiled in recent years:

Diana Ross

Kylie

Barry Gibb

ELO

Lionel Richie

Dolly Parton

Kenny Rogers

Paul Simon

Ray Davies

Tom Jones

I'd say weakest of those is ELO and IMO Blondie sit behind them.