Self Confirms 2023

Gnomicide

2 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Rod is not dull by any stretch, you may or may not like his personality, he may not be able to perform or sing well, but he is charismatic and has plenty of catchy tunes = not dull.

Roxy may musically be better, and more respected as an act, but to the average punter in that slot they would be dull, certainly a lot, lot more dull than Rod.

The average punter bought Westlife and take that records. 

Edited by Neil

6 minutes ago, Neil said:

The average punter bought Westlife and take that records. 

Not sure what that got to do with the 100k people watching the legend slot at Glastonbury, but incidentally, since you mention them both, west life and take that would be more suitable Sunday tea time acts than Roxy music, and less dull in that context. Between Rod and Roxy Music, Roxy Music would be the dull one of the two by quite some distance.

Edited by Jose Pose

When I was younger, I was always of the opinion that Roxy Music's output was pretentious bollocks.

However, I am now older, wiser, have expanded my musical genre listening habits beyond the fixed metal/punk/rock furrow I was stuck in and have now come to realise that their output is actually pretentious bollocks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

On 1/22/2023 at 5:45 PM, theglastokid said:

Lottery Winners have just replied to me on a post about a big announcement coming on Tuesday. Sounds promising. 

FD51149C-4662-43BD-B77C-F9816E23E0D4.jpeg

BB44CA16-AC69-4A3B-A667-F79493E84426.jpeg

One thing that always *slightly* bugs me about them is that they can't decide whether they're just 'Lottery Winners' or 'The Lottery Winners'! It seems to be different on every platform haha.

3 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

When I was younger, I was always of the opinion that Roxy Music's output was pretentious bollocks.

However, I am now older, wiser, have expanded my musical genre listening habits beyond the fixed metal/punk/rock furrow I was stuck in and have now come to realise that their output is actually pretentious bollocks.

Sadly out of upvotes, but this deserves at least one.

11 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Not sure what that got to do with the 100k people watching the legend slot at Glastonbury, but incidentally, since you mention them both, west life and take that would be more suitable Sunday tea time acts than Roxy music, and less dull in that context. Between Rod and Roxy Music, Roxy Music would be the dull one of the two by quite some distance.

Read what it was a reply to to get the context of my words. The average punter is not good for quality benchmarks 

11 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Neil is going to get so angry at you. Are you Rod Stewart’s manager? 

7 minutes ago, Neil said:

Read what it was a reply to to get the context of my words. The average punter is not good for quality benchmarks 

Again, no relevance to the fact the Legend/Sunday Teatime slot is what it is, it’s been pretty successful to date and lots of people turn up for it. Rod would fit the bill for it more than Roxy Music, and to the people watching be less dull.

The fact that you happen to like one act more than another is totally irrelevant to the reality of what is a good booking for a Sunday afternoon slot, that has traditionally been a sing along with a light entertainment act. 

Edited by Jose Pose

23 minutes ago, WhoOdyssey said:

One thing that always *slightly* bugs me about them is that they can't decide whether they're just 'Lottery Winners' or 'The Lottery Winners'! It seems to be different on every platform haha.

I can't bring myself to listen to these guys just because of their awful name... should I give them a go?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

Again, no relevance to the fact the Legend/Sunday Teatime slot is what it is, it’s been pretty successful to date and lots of people turn up for it. Rod would fit the bill for it more than Roxy Music, and to the people watching be less dull.

The fact that you happen to like one act more than another is totally irrelevant to the reality of what is a good booking for a Sunday afternoon slot, that has traditionally been a sing along with a light entertainment act. 

There's more that's legendary with a groundbreaking act like roxy, than there is with dull rod 

1 minute ago, Neil said:

There's more that's legendary with a groundbreaking act like roxy, than there is with dull rod 

That’s as maybe, but again it has precisely zero relevance to who is the most suitable act for the Sunday tea time slot.

I don’t go into Macdonalds and get annoyed with them because they don’t sell caviar.

3 minutes ago, Jose Pose said:

That’s as maybe, but again it has precisely zero relevance to who is the most suitable act for the Sunday tea time slot.

I don’t go into Macdonalds and get annoyed with them because they don’t sell caviar.

If you want disco glam, eurovision is in liverpool. And I think drag race is going on tour. Music snobbery is a good thing it's quality control 

Edited by Neil

4 minutes ago, Neil said:

Groundbreaking? They are all mid 70’s and haven’t released an album since I’ve been alive (42 years)

Do you mean gravedigging?

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Neil said:

I nearly added that the average punter votes tory, which they do which is why the tories keep winning, you wouldn't have made that reply if I had. 

The average punter of Glastonbury absolutely doesn’t vote Tory.