Glasto ‘Bar crawl’

Bradboss

Hi everyone, long-time lurker, first-time poster!

Me and my soon-to-be wife are going to Glastonbury this summer with quite a few of our friends who have never been before. We went in 2019 and volunteered in 2022 so was a very different experience. This time around we were thinking of taking our friends on a ‘bar crawl’ type route as a way of seeing as much of the site as possible, especially the areas you might not get around to. 

Anyone got any good ideas for potential routes or top places we should go to? We really liked the Cornish Arms at Leftfield last year and obviously we need to go to the Cider bus, but there’s a whole side of Glasto I feel like we’ve not done before!

Cheers!

27 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

Any *self respecting bar crawl will take in the Avalon Inn, Ridge and Furrow and West Holts (main bar and Brothers cider bar).

*And loads of other obviously, but those three are well connected to each other. 

If you start at the JPT bar, do the above and end up in Nimble and go into every bar you see on the way, that should take most of a day and sort you out good and proper.

Oh, and make sure you swing by the Theatre and Circus field too, there's a craft beer bar there.

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

If you start at the JPT bar, do the above and end up in Nimble and go into every bar you see on the way, that should take most of a day and sort you out good and proper.

Oh, and make sure you swing by the Theatre and Circus field too, there's a craft beer bar there.

Doing that could also swing by the Birdcage for a cheeky Bloody Mary too. 

• Upvote 1

..... ah, once more, a thread on my favourite subject. Start at the one at the highest point (Tricketts) and finish at the one closest to where you are camped. Pop into them all on your way (there’s so many, and they’re all good, so there’s no point listing them) but make sure you take in

Avalon

Bimble

Theatre & Circus

Cockmill

Bread & Roses

As I have said in previous threads, Thursday is my bar crawl day. This year, I fancy starting in Tricketts, finishing at Theatre and Circus for Doreen Doreen on Summer House stage, but making the effort to visit as many bars I’ve never been to as possible. I’ll keep you posted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks everyone - we went to see New York Brass Band on the Truth Stage Thursday last year and I remember the wait to get in from Rocket Lounge area was awful!

Probably be camping in Dairy Grounds so will likely start around pyramid at the Cider Bus then try and work our way around Williams Green, West Holts then Avalon

22 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

..... ah, once more, a thread on my favourite subject. Start at the one at the highest point (Tricketts) and finish at the one closest to where you are camped. Pop into them all on your way (there’s so many, and they’re all good, so there’s no point listing them) but make sure you take in

Avalon

Bimble

Theatre & Circus

Cockmill

Bread & Roses

As I have said in previous threads, Thursday is my bar crawl day. This year, I fancy starting in Tricketts, finishing at Theatre and Circus for Doreen Doreen on Summer House stage, but making the effort to visit as many bars I’ve never been to as possible. I’ll keep you posted.

It’s my first year, loved reading this post! Think you should start a thread on it 😉 

‘tranquility of solitudes 2023 bar crawl’

haha! 

12 hours ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

It’s my first year, loved reading this post! Think you should start a thread on it 😉 

‘tranquility of solitudes 2023 bar crawl’

haha! 

Watch out for this very thread in June. Every year this subject crops up (rightly so!) and every year lots of helpful posters reply, but I’ve yet to see a definitive list or map. I’ve thought about creating something for a while, but never got around to it. Probably because those plans go out the window somewhere between Avalon and West Holts. Well, 2023 will be the year. I intend to create a thread, asking folk to post which bars they are in, ideally with location, a photo, and list of beers served. I should then be able to knock up something slightly more comprehensive for future festivals.

Just had a wee thought.... I might start the thread and a What’s App group shortly pre-festival with a list of my intended venues and rough timings in the hope that some efesters can join me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CiaranMc said:

That’s a shame. Still, it’s nice to be in amongst the trees for a pint or two.

A lot of the trees had gone last year and I expect more will have gone by the time we get to June.  The area is suffering from ash dieback disease.

2 hours ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Watch out for this very thread in June. Every year this subject crops up (rightly so!) and every year lots of helpful posters reply, but I’ve yet to see a definitive list or map. I’ve thought about creating something for a while, but never got around to it. Probably because those plans go out the window somewhere between Avalon and West Holts. Well, 2023 will be the year. I intend to create a thread, asking folk to post which bars they are in, ideally with location, a photo, and list of beers served. I should then be able to knock up something slightly more comprehensive for future festivals.

Just had a wee thought.... I might start the thread and a What’s App group shortly pre-festival with a list of my intended venues and rough timings in the hope that some efesters can join me.

Is the cut-through still missing?  properly ruins the flow of that bit of a crawl...