Slam Dunk 2024

Dukey

I'll be doing Hatfield next time. Although that's more down to wanting somewhere new to visit.

Had great fun despite the bog, and tbh, I've experienced much much worse at festivals.

Everyone on Monster coming on late was a good running bit. Appreciated that. The Interrupters were my highlight. Mallory Knox were WAY better than I ever remember seeing them despite amusing sound issues. The Blackout were great. AAR were great.

Opening with the three openers on Monster was a good idea too. It was a fun day.

Yeah was at Hatfield and had no issues whatsoever. Weather obviously helped on the saturday too. 

Highlights were Blackout, Funeral for a Friend with Lucas Woodland (who was great) and YM&S were a lot stronger live than I ever remember them being. 

Seems ticket sales on the whole were a lot less than the previous year though. Wonder if they'll push the boat out for a better line-up next year to counter that. 

19 hours ago, Josnton said:

Yeah was at Hatfield and had no issues whatsoever. Weather obviously helped on the saturday too. 

Highlights were Blackout, Funeral for a Friend with Lucas Woodland (who was great) and YM&S were a lot stronger live than I ever remember them being. 

Seems ticket sales on the whole were a lot less than the previous year though. Wonder if they'll push the boat out for a better line-up next year to counter that. 

I wouldn't say a lot less. It was full but comfortable.

Edited by Chavmeisterdeluxe

On 5/29/2024 at 11:26 AM, DomDom1984 said:

I'll be doing Hatfield next time. Although that's more down to wanting somewhere new to visit.

Had great fun despite the bog, and tbh, I've experienced much much worse at festivals.

Everyone on Monster coming on late was a good running bit. Appreciated that. The Interrupters were my highlight. Mallory Knox were WAY better than I ever remember seeing them despite amusing sound issues. The Blackout were great. AAR were great.

Opening with the three openers on Monster was a good idea too. It was a fun day.

Yes do South, North actually feels like a smaller site too and all round just isn't worth the effort unless you actively are getting picked up/leave early for shuttle and that's still not worth it.

I only had to be that day as the cup final and in the same situation I wouldn't do the same even for Jimmy Eat World paying.

On 5/29/2024 at 2:31 PM, Josnton said:

It's the least crowded I've seen Slam Dunk since going at least from time of both being outside venues 2019 onwards. Barely queueing for food at all. Getting a drink was easy.

Just done a little prediction for next year with the heavier stage being the biggest stage (Slam Dunk) instead of the (Go Pro). 

Heavier Stage
A Day To Remember
While She Sleeps
Knocked Loose

Pop Punk Stage
All Time Low
Neck Deep
Boston Manor 

Ska Stage
Rancid
Descendants 
Reel Big Fish

On 6/6/2024 at 5:19 PM, foolee said:

Just done a little prediction for next year with the heavier stage being the biggest stage (Slam Dunk) instead of the (Go Pro). 

Heavier Stage
A Day To Remember
While She Sleeps
Knocked Loose

Pop Punk Stage
All Time Low
Neck Deep
Boston Manor 

Ska Stage
Rancid
Descendants 
Reel Big Fish

I don't think there is a any chance at Slam Dunk that All Time Low are not going on the main stage. Slam Dunk is first and foremost a pop punk/pop rock festival before the extra bits. There is also no chance of getting that top 3 on the Ska stage, RBF would be top two in my opinion and Rancid playing that stage I'm unsure due to their rarity here.