Difference between regular tickets and Hospitality?

FestiHead

23 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Been through this countless times.

It's a different scene among the old school SE corner crew, almost like a family gathering over 10 days, some old friends I only see at Glastonbury these days. Hanging out, full meals in caravans, motorhomes, Tipis etc.

Aside from that there's enough music I like and I love having a dance midnight.

For sure I can do without Pyramid (except occasional band), Acoustic (not been since 1985), Avalon, SH (since The Blues went) and ain't a fan of anything north of Yeoman's Bridge.

But then there's plenty I love as well: WH, Glade, SE corner, Green Fields etc

Difficult to explain, but it's a very different experience.

Would you still go if you had to pay the £350 for a ticket though?

3 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Would you still go if you had to pay the £350 for a ticket though?

Not a chance wouldn't even consider it. Not so much because of the line-up but because it's so much less comfortable and much more hassle as a punter: having to carry your gear to any overcrowded campsite (or overpay for an offsite camper van pass), having to leave on the Monday, less access to showers, no crew/backstage bar access (except Guerilla, I'd get in there anyway), having to queue for the SE corner, no nice comfortable build up chilling with old mates, no free meals/meal tickets, queues to get in, the bun fight for tickets, registration etc, etc ....

The only event I know well where I'd go as a punter is Shambala

• Upvote 1

Just now, Enkidu said:

The festival can't grow and develop if it clings to the past. If it was up to the cr*sties, we'd have nothing but bottom-of-the-barrel punk, drum&bass, jungle etc at the festival.

what do you think the festivals been doing the last 40 years ?  think the balance is pretty decent whilst sticking to some core stuff tbh .... 

2 minutes ago, Enkidu said:

The festival can't grow and develop if it clings to the past. If it was up to the cr*sties, we'd have nothing but bottom-of-the-barrel punk, drum&bass, jungle etc at the festival.

The festival is not "clinging to the past", but thankfully Michael Eavis recognizes and appreciates the hard work done by so called crusties in keeping the festival going and still accommodates them.

On 2/14/2023 at 7:13 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

It does make you wonder why they still go 😂 

Actually, that's a fair question. @Neil @Skip997 with all the changes over the years, and your indifference to many of the acts and areas, what keeps you coming back? 

I'm genuinely not that bothered about the acts although there's always something that'll float my boat. 

Some of the areas do nothing for me in particular SH as it feels soulless. 

I've been to every Glastonbury since '85 and my two girls in their late 20s have been to every one since they were born. 

Why do we still go? 

We all agree on this.... When we first pull onto The Farm, a little earlier than most, it really is like arriving home. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass II said:

What is the average age a person gets to before they decide that everything now is shit, and everything when they were younger was great?

What age does a person get to before they start making it up with something no one said. 

13 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I always had that feeling too (when I used to attend). I've been 'homeless' (so to speak) for a number of years now. I do occasionally wonder if I have one last Fandango in me on the Glastonbury front though. Home Sweet Home.

when was your first yog ?  last ? and how many have you done ? if thats  a few too many questions at this point im happy to spread them out over a few weeks so you dont feel like its the spanish inquisition 

23 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

when was your first yog ?  last ? and how many have you done ? if thats  a few too many questions at this point im happy to spread them out over a few weeks so you dont feel like its the spanish inquisition 

Hello crazy,

Unfortunately I cannot remember what year that I first went. I did once try to ascertain tghis fact from the mate who eventually encouraged me to go in the first place - he had been trying for at least 2 years. I had known about the place because one of my older brothers used to go, before I ever attended. Anyway, I sent an email to my mate asking him if he knew what the first year that I attended Glastonbury was. His answer was 'you're asking me'!?  The implication was that he'd also blown his mind a little on that period of our lives. It doesn't help but I never (ever) have gone to Glastonbury specifically for the music. So, it's not like I can cross reference with acts etc. That said, it'd be somewhere around the mid 1980's mark.

My last Glasto was 2014. That was the same year that I got married. I got married in May, very coincidentally, at Pennard House in East Pilton. They have tipis and things there for people (who can afford it) during Glastonbury. When we got married there, it was a music company that had hired the whole place for Glastonbury for quite a few years previous. Although evidently posh, the people who own the house were beyond lovely. Anyway, so we got married in the May in Somerset, and then came back down in the June for the festival. It was my wife's second only Glastonbury. That was the festival where we never really got that far away from our actual campsite very often. Don't get me wrong, we had the most marvellous time. However, we both thought the place too big for us, even though we'd only got as far as the Acoustic tent on one occasion, and to see one song (Atomic*) from Blondie on the Other Stage on another occasion. 

* - I had wanted / needed to see Blondie play that track. The thing is, you see - my dad never really danced at family do's, parties etc, except for possibly a last slow dance with my mom. This had been the way, up until my wedding. That saw one a quite camp mate (who my possibly homophobic dad had never met before) talk my dad and mom into coming out on to the dance floor to Blondie Atomic. It would be fair to say that that man (JR) could talk the birds out of the trees. Anyway, I didn't know about any of this at the time because I was out in the car park in our campervan taking a concoction of 'medications'. I had only just got out of the camper when one of my brothers ran up to me and said 'Come and look at this, come and look at this, it's urgent'. I ran into the disco venue part and it was to see my mate Jamie, and my mom and dad dancing to Atomic. I have 4 brothers. All were stunned. 

• Like 1