Rock n Roll Circus Sheffield

sheffinghell

2 hours ago, Jason C said:

What website, only just saw Milburn on TfG and it’s sold out ffs!

Add yourself to the waitlist. They will email if/when more tickets become available. Milburn have been on twice already. 

• Thanks 1

What I've yet to figure out is why all festivals/outdoor gigs with capacity don't just set the price a bit lower from the outset and then go for a sell-out at a more reasonable price. I'm sure tiering also does not really help sales if the lineup is less than stellar, as people just wait for the inevitable discounts and resales. Although obvs, this one does not do tiers.

FWIW, I think the pricing for this one was not bad, and although Milburn was not a draw for me, I might've bought a ticket for the rest of the bill if I didn't think cheap tickets might show up.

1 hour ago, sheffinghell said:

What I've yet to figure out is why all festivals/outdoor gigs with capacity don't just set the price a bit lower from the outset and then go for a sell-out at a more reasonable price. I'm sure tiering also does not really help sales if the lineup is less than stellar, as people just wait for the inevitable discounts and resales. Although obvs, this one does not do tiers.

FWIW, I think the pricing for this one was not bad, and although Milburn was not a draw for me, I might've bought a ticket for the rest of the bill if I didn't think cheap tickets might show up.

Said the same yesterday.  If pitched at say £40 including all associated fees would have been near a sell out.

Some very decent acts on for me - Milburn, The Rifles, The K's, Sam Scherdel who I have paid to see previously plus Jake Bugg, Pete Docherty and The Selector. 

What is annoying though apart from the cheap tickets is the timings.  They have three stages and all 3 are on at the same time.  All three stages have no one on at the same time !!  Shocking planning.  So Rosadocs who I wanted to se are on same time as Jake Bugg, yet the half hour before no one is on.

Convinced its a front or loss leader for something else.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

Said the same yesterday.  If pitched at say £40 including all associated fees would have been near a sell out.

Some very decent acts on for me - Milburn, The Rifles, The K's, Sam Scherdel who I have paid to see previously plus Jake Bugg, Pete Docherty and The Selector. 

What is annoying though apart from the cheap tickets is the timings.  They have three stages and all 3 are on at the same time.  All three stages have no one on at the same time !!  Shocking planning.  So Rosadocs who I wanted to se are on same time as Jake Bugg, yet the half hour before no one is on.

Convinced its a front or loss leader for something else.

I saw Pete Doherty around 18 months ago. He's a great performer. I also like the Selector live. Sadly won't get to this one, as my old knackered knee has just given up.

There's something odd going on with the line-up as they've taken down the social posts from yesterday (except Twitter)...

Edited by sheffinghell

19 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

been to sheffield once. it was a bit rough 

I quite like Sheffield. Not as beautiful and quaint as Durham obviously. I quite like Bishop Auckland too, not been to either for a long long time, but back in the day I spent a fair bit of time in both and thought they were both beautiful little towns. Obviously, technically, Durham is a city, but it's quaint nonetheless.

Sheffield is a completely different beast. A large, industrial city, that's had it's share of hard luck over the years, but seems to be bouncing back to become a vibrant place to visit. Great shopping in Meadowhall and a city centre that isn't quite dead and buried yet, like other Northern cities. Great food, great bars, great music venues, and great micro breweries. Had a few nights out in Sheffield over the last couple of years, and thoroughly enjoyed them every time.

Like Derby, It has the Peak District on it's doorstep, but also has some beautiful parts of Yorkshire to it's North. Not many cities can boast the beautiful surroundings that Sheffield can. 

Anyway, give Sheffield a break, that city has been shat on enough, by the powers that be, over the last 40 years. 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Alvoram said:

I quite like Sheffield. Not as beautiful and quaint as Durham obviously. I quite like Bishop Auckland too, not been to either for a long long time, but back in the day I spent a fair bit of time in both and thought they were both beautiful little towns. Obviously, technically, Durham is a city, but it's quaint nonetheless.

Sheffield is a completely different beast. A large, industrial city, that's had it's share of hard luck over the years, but seems to be bouncing back to become a vibrant place to visit. Great shopping in Meadowhall and a city centre that isn't quite dead and buried yet, like other Northern cities. Great food, great bars, great music venues, and great micro breweries. Had a few nights out in Sheffield over the last couple of years, and thoroughly enjoyed them every time.

Like Derby, It has the Peak District on it's doorstep, but also has some beautiful parts of Yorkshire to it's North. Not many cities can boast the beautiful surroundings that Sheffield can. 

Anyway, give Sheffield a break, that city has been shat on enough, by the powers that be, over the last 40 years. 

It has much to offer visitors and those of us who are fortunate enough to live here. I love my adopted city for many of the above reasons, and especially for it's people.

21 hours ago, Nuthugger said:

been to sheffield once. it was a bit rough 

Your loss not ours. My birth town and that of many great musicians and bands - Def Leppard, Human League, Artic Monkeys, Pulp, Joe Cocker, ABC, Richard Hawley, Paul Carrack, Heaven 17, Lucy Spraggon, Milburn, Vice Versa ( my husband is a founder member), Reverend and the Makers to name a few. It's a great city with a great music scene. 

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

Your loss not ours. My birth town and that of many great musicians and bands - Def Leppard, Human League, Artic Monkeys, Pulp, Joe Cocker, ABC, Richard Hawley, Paul Carrack, Heaven 17, Lucy Spraggon, Milburn, Vice Versa ( my husband is a founder member), Reverend and the Makers to name a few. It's a great city with a great music scene. 

dont take offence. its a fact. they plough loads of money into the centre so you have a square half mile of niceness just for show then a short walk out its as grim as f**k. northern powerhouse my arse. all the money goes down south. its f**ked up. take pride in it if you want. needs to be said tho imo. nothing against the people. they deserve better 

• Downvote 1

On 8/25/2024 at 8:11 PM, sheffinghell said:

Updated set times are out. There are now very few overlaps between main and 2nd stage.

Screenshot_20240825-201056.png

Sense prevails.  I emailed them last week complaining about the scheduling and looks like they took note, or just realised they had messed up.

I have a fair list of acts I want to see so will have a good day.

Milburn

Jake Bugg

The Rosadocs

Pete Doherty

The Selecter

The Rifles

Sam Scherdel

The K's

Seb Lowe

Cruz

Well, Well, Well ........ after my reservations about the cost what an absolutely great day yesterday.

Highlights were a storming comeback from Milburn where the place was bouncing, and The K's who are going to be massive. 

Pleasant surprise was Pete Doherty with a mainly acoustic set.  Some great up and coming local acts too with best ones being Sam Scherdel, Rosadocs and Cruz.

A slightly strange but great event with a good atmosphere.  Hope it continues with the same feel but slightly lower ticket prices and without the need for the lower priced last minute tickets.

FWIW, I thought they made much better use of the site this year, and the 2nd stage was a good addition. I probably wouldn't pay for VIP,  but was nice as a freebie (I won Hawley tickets). All you can eat Gregg's, less busy bar, extra seating, and a proper loo...  The lineup was inspired - all of the acts worked really well together, but I would have given Hawley an extra half hour. They could easily have opened at 3pm to accommodate this.

I'd be very happy to see it back again next year, and an 80s day must surely be in the offing!

Edited by sheffinghell

1 hour ago, sheffinghell said:

FWIW, I thought they made much better use of the site this year, and the 2nd stage was a good addition. I probably wouldn't pay for VIP,  but was nice as a freebie (I won Hawley tickets). All you can eat Gregg's, less busy bar, extra seating, and a proper loo...  The lineup was inspired - all of the acts worked really well together, but I would have given Hawley an extra half hour. They could easily have opened at 3pm to accommodate this.

I'd be very happy to see it back again next year, and an 80s day must surely be in the offing!

We were wondering about a Britpop influenced day headlined by someone like Shed Seven.  Still current and have a decent loyal fan base which would help sell tickets.  

Think Pulp would be a bit of a stretch unfortunately.

Edited by Hirstys 12th Pint

2 hours ago, Hirstys 12th Pint said:

We were wondering about a Britpop influenced day headlined by someone like Shed Seven.  Still current and have a decent loyal fan base which would help sell tickets.  

Think Pulp would be a bit of a stretch unfortunately.

Something like the one Futuresound did at Kirkstall Abbey this year would be good, and if they could get Suede, I'm in already!

11 minutes ago, sheffinghell said:

Something like the one Futuresound did at Kirkstall Abbey this year would be good, and if they could get Suede, I'm in already!

This one...

Embrace, Ocean Colour Scene, Ash, Sleeper, and Cud, was similarly priced.

I would have gone, but it clashed with Tramlines, which I already had tickets for.

They could mix and match with any of Charlatans, Suede, Johnny Marr at the top end, possibly add in Rev Makers for local appeal.

Edited by sheffinghell

18 hours ago, sheffinghell said:

This one...

Embrace, Ocean Colour Scene, Ash, Sleeper, and Cud, was similarly priced.

I would have gone, but it clashed with Tramlines, which I already had tickets for.

They could mix and match with any of Charlatans, Suede, Johnny Marr at the top end, possibly add in Rev Makers for local appeal.

Noticed Rev and Laura were at RnRC on Thursday and Saturday as mates with Richard Hawley and the Milburn guys.

Would say definitely in line for next years event.