What are you most excited about!

Bike_Like_A_Mum

Let's give the newbies some of the best bits to look forward to! 

I can't wait to get my little old caravan set up on the Tuesday, then wander over to sit at the top of the hill of death in CV East to watch the sunset over the big tops. (Because the sun WILL be out) 😊 Majestic, pure joy

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

I can't wait to get my little old caravan set up on the Tuesday, then wander over to sit at the top of the hill of death in CV East to watch the sunset over the big tops. (Because the sun WILL be out) 😊 Majestic, pure joy

Yep love this plus before that we usually meet up with all our friends and have a bit of a buffet. We chat about what we are excited about. Get my friends daughter really giddy and have a lovely catch up chatting about our must see's etc. 

I also love that first wander about the site on the Wednesday looking at what has changed and of course meeting up with lots of friends at the Efestivals meet on Wednesday night just after watching Mik Artistik as tradition dictates!

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Your first time this year?

Yup, first time applying and was lucky enough to get tickets for my group, most of who are regulars.

I've always wanted to go, but haven't really been in a position to do multiple fests, and until recently there's always been others that catered more to my tastes.

Witnessing the joyous response to last year's festival after the Covid-enforced fallow years made me realise there was no point in putting it off any longer!

I have a feeling this is going to be the start of a long love affair 😅

Taking my 3yo Daughter for the first time. 

She didn't stop wearing the tshirt I bought her last year for months. Waking most mornings saying she wanted to put her Glastonbury tshirt on.

I'm very excited to take her to the kids field on Thurs. Many of my friends have older children & have been taking them for years so I have been in there many times but it'll be nice to go in there this time around with a child of my own.

I'm also looking forward to going with less pressure on myself. I've always gone at the earliest opportunity previously be that first thing on a Wednesday morning (pre-Tues opening) and these days on a Tuesday morning with friends in caravans / campers.

I'm going to rock up Thursday AM with the little one this year so once I get her offsite on the Thurs evening I'm looking forward to the adult "playtime" starting later rather than full throttle for basically a week!

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

Yup, first time applying and was lucky enough to get tickets for my group, most of who are regulars.

I've always wanted to go, but haven't really been in a position to do multiple fests, and until recently there's always been others that catered more to my tastes.

Witnessing the joyous response to last year's festival after the Covid-enforced fallow years made me realise there was no point in putting it off any longer!

You are going to have the time of your life and yep it might well be life changing for you. It certainly was for me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

You are going to have the time of your life and yep it might well be life changing for you. It certainly was for me. 

I hope so! It feels like the right time. I'm sure the 18-year old me would have had a blast too, but I'd have been sprinting between stages clutching my highlighted clashfinder, trying to fit in as many bands as possible 😅 No doubt I'll have lots of 'must-sees' but I'm just looking forward to entering into the spirit and seeing where the week takes me.

48 minutes ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Too true! To illustrate your point, here we go, the excitement and anticipation on the Tuesday night is ace.

Glastonbury Camp 2022 (20).jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

The journey down is always fun in our minibus so that's the first thing.

Then the first wander about and pint once the tents are up.

Taking a newbie this year and I always think that makes it better; I love seeing someone else experience the festival for the first time.

My first time after a few years of trying. 
Just looking forward to experiencing as much as possible, opening night fireworks, walking up the hill to the glasto sign, watching a pyramid stage headliner, spending at least 1 night at Arcadia and the SE corner etc etc

If it’s your first time? Arriving as early as possible and just wandering about the site in awe of its vastness and incredible diverse activities going on. That’s what every first timer feels irrespective of the weather, who playing or if you are in a group or going solo. That first time on the farm is unforgettable .

1 hour ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I used to think that my 'other festivals' catered more to my tastes too...

Prepare to have your mind blown, your life changed, and your opinion on your former festival lovers changed forever...

Ben
x

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2