Line Up Announced

CaledonianGonzo

14 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Mate, there’s more to Glasto than Fred Again and the Prodigy. You’re starting to sound a bit like a stuck record.

Like both. No issues with that, but sometimes you at least like to see “someone” you personally like in a decent slot. 

anyways. Anyone got any info on Prodigy 

• Upvote 1

Just now, IceCreamVan said:

So do we think Pulp and Prodigy are both off the cards 😭

Theres a SLIM chance Prodigy could be a WH headliner and are being held back, but it’s probably unlikely, and there’s also still a chance Pulp are doing a secret set, but we most likely won’t find that out until right before the festival. 

3 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I’m happy. It’s a fact that when you’ve been to as many people have on here you’re going to see repeats and I think that’s part of the problem. Let’s not forget when you’re there and the sun is shining and the cider bus is pumping out sweet nectar there will be no better place to be!

Ive gone to 2. The repeats are an issue cause I just go to lots of gigs overall and of course lots of fests so you slowly but surely cross acts off the list. That even becomes the case for some of the newer acts. Theyll do club tours in the states and then end up hitting the uk circuit 6 months later. Saw Wet Leg in a 300 cap club at the end of 2021. Then theyre in The Park with 20,000 people in June. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Just now, VCK said:

Where will the Manics play? Weren't they provisionally Park headliners for 2020?

Yeah Park headliners for 20 so could be back there, but could also be mid/high Other or even possibly Friday Other opener. Hoping to catch them this year after missing them every other chance I’ve had. 

3 minutes ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I mean, yeah, I think it's unlikely (and would be a crap booking). Even though they're one of the biggest rock bands in the world. Just struggling to see who else is going to fill that spot! I guess Royal Blood is the most obvious answer.

Or the band/artist hasn't been put out yet. There's a good 15 or so acts less on this poster than last year. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah Park headliners for 20 so could be back there, but could also be mid/high Other or even possibly Friday Other opener. Hoping to catch them this year after missing them every other chance I’ve had. 

I think they deserve some kind of stage headline slot. Other Stage in the middle of the day wouldn't do them justice iMO.

1 minute ago, dreams_burn_down said:

I think it's perfectly possible that Pulp were left off the announcement in light of yesterday's news. (And yes, they would have been able to reshuffle the poster at the last minute.)

I really don’t see why they’d need to be held back because a now former member died. I suppose it would mean they couldn’t make a social media post about playing without seeming insensitive, but tbh I think the most likely explanation for them not being on the poster is that, unfortunately, they’re not playing an announced slot. 

14 minutes ago, mikegday said:

I’m happy. It’s a fact that when you’ve been to as many people have on here you’re going to see repeats and I think that’s part of the problem. Let’s not forget when you’re there and the sun is shining and the cider bus is pumping out sweet nectar there will be no better place to be!

This was my only complaint about a pretty solid poster imo - the repeats. There's a lot of stuff on the poster I'd possibly see, no curveballs at all but then maybe that's the down side of lurking on festival forum threads tracking who's around this summer 😊, but a lot of them are ones who I've seen on the farm before. Hopefully the actual bill when it drops will have a load of things I've not seen. 

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I suppose it would mean they couldn’t make a social media post about playing without seeming insensitive

I honestly think this is a good enough reason to hold them back. If they are playing, it's a big deal for both the festival and the band, and I don't think either would want to be celebrating it right now. Although I totally accept the possibility that they aren't playing at all.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Even with fewer names there are still acts I've not even seen raked over much.

Fever Ray!

(Although they're maybe a Park headliner so that knocks that on the head immediately)

Yeah fully expecting them to headline Park which is yet another shiter

11 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm really hoping to catch them too, but concerned they are going to end up as part of an Arctics/Wizkid/Hot Chip clash.

Perfect for me, Nobody I'd feel sick to my stomach if I had to miss them through being on shift with Oxfam. War on Drugs are just the most amazing festival band. Cat Stevens!! I've never seen Guns N Roses so an ideal headliner for me but if they are up against Lana that will be a very tough call. The one that made me yell out loud though is Carly Rae Jepsen - SUPERB SURPRISE!!!!

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

ive asked on that 🙂 might not be 

Yeah we knew they were Friday as that’s why they’re not supporting Muse that night.  Presumption now we know top 3 of other is they’re defo pyramid.  Only thing is sub or 3rd

30 minutes ago, sisco said:

Yeah we knew they were Friday as that’s why they’re not supporting Muse that night.  Presumption now we know top 3 of other is they’re defo pyramid.  Only thing is sub or 3rd

Last thing I heard was other or jp … that may have changed and my info is from someone on here @vintagelaureate  

Edited by Crazyfool01