Whats your absolute ESSENTIAL GADGET / NEW THING you'll be bringing?

Jacko45

https://www.toolden.co.uk/accessories/batteries-chargers/chargers/makita-adp05-usb-charging-lxt-li-on-battery-adapter/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAjbagBhD3ARIsANRrqEtPNCDmPPqB5oZnvd7tGrK88Vtm3n0T2zcvaJ7Ka9n6zTI6vfuh07UaAgrrEALw_wcB

This is brilliant instead of buying a powerful battery pack for anyone who has a drill. Your drill batteries are very powerful and this device you can use that power to charge your phone. 

On 3/11/2023 at 6:17 PM, Leyrulion said:

It's not on the list of banned items, reckon you could blag it.

You don’t need to blag, you can take a bike if you wish to!

5 hours ago, stuie said:

You don’t need to blag, you can take a bike if you wish to!

Yeah? I'm confused now. Always thought bikes were OK. Now wondering if it was only crew I've seen on them.

Not sure about allowing electric bikes though. Just a bit "too easy". And potentially too fast.

I've touched on this subject before. Always had a bike all of the time as a kid. Loved biking. Now I have no room to really store one. The people you see with those three wheeler contraptions plus a trailer must live in mansions or have really big sheds or something.

_____

Great thread btw. I really need something new to sleep on. Every single fucking inflatable mattress type thing I've ever had has sprung a leak, been terribly shaped when inflated so you just roll off it, or both. I know good ones that don't have these problems exist. I've been with people that have them.

____

I'm still using the first sleeping bag I ever had. It's over forty years old. Still has a name tag sewn into it from when it was first bought for a cub scout thing when still at primary school. I did take a quilt once instead. Decided it was too bulky.

21 minutes ago, Jacko45 said:

Imagine everyone knows about these but super useful, just sling it in the rucksack.

Refillable etc 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09TK27WX4?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

One of those would be great to be loaded with wine before the evening. Would it just get ruined though or could you still clean it out?

42 minutes ago, rwoo said:

One of those would be great to be loaded with wine before the evening. Would it just get ruined though or could you still clean it out?

They are a nightmare to clean. I use one for running all the time and often add electrolyte to the water which seems to encourage mould.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydration-Bladder-Cleaning-Flexible-Collapsible/dp/B096MT8R4L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Camelbak+Cleaning+Kit&qid=1678712418&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

This or similar is a must if you want to go the bladder route.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

They are a nightmare to clean. I use one for running all the time and often add electrolyte to the water which seems to encourage mould.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hydration-Bladder-Cleaning-Flexible-Collapsible/dp/B096MT8R4L/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=Camelbak+Cleaning+Kit&qid=1678712418&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Thanks. Think I’ll stick with a cup then, don’t really want to only use it once. 

7 minutes ago, rwoo said:

Thanks. Think I’ll stick with a cup then, don’t really want to only use it once. 

Probably best. For running it is a necessity so I put up with the hassle factor. But I never use mine for casual use, when a bottle and cup will do the job.

On 3/7/2023 at 2:50 PM, Justcalledtosay said:

Make sure it's well locked up. Someone tried to pinch ours in Oxylers last year.

I haven't scrolled the whole thread so it may have been said but the lockups will take your trolley and look after it!

9 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I usually have a 3 cup system. One for water, one with spirits, 3rd one for mixing.

In the old days when I used to drink, I'd bring in a couple of bottles of Gin (decanted into plastic bottles) and a few bottles of tonic water and a spare empty bottle. I'd make up a G&T mix in the spare bottle to go out with. One lovely sunny Saturday I picked up the wrong bottle (neat Gin) and headed over to somewhere East Holts way to watch some Reggae, soon realised my mistake, but carried on drinking anyway.

Soon found my self totally pissed and headed back to find some "chemical help" or I wouldn't have made it past about 10pm. While stumbling past the Other Stage I noticed the LAs playing "There She Goes". Foolishly I started shouting "one hit wonders". Very quickly a group of rather angry Scousers rounded on me and I had to leg it.

12 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Yeah? I'm confused now. Always thought bikes were OK. Now wondering if it was only crew I've seen on them.

Not sure about allowing electric bikes though. Just a bit "too easy". And potentially too fast.

I've touched on this subject before. Always had a bike all of the time as a kid. Loved biking. Now I have no room to really store one. The people you see with those three wheeler contraptions plus a trailer must live in mansions or have really big sheds or something.

_____

Great thread btw. I really need something new to sleep on. Every single fucking inflatable mattress type thing I've ever had has sprung a leak, been terribly shaped when inflated so you just roll off it, or both. I know good ones that don't have these problems exist. I've been with people that have them.

____

I'm still using the first sleeping bag I ever had. It's over forty years old. Still has a name tag sewn into it from when it was first bought for a cub scout thing when still at primary school. I did take a quilt once instead. Decided it was too bulky.

Get a self inflating mattress! Managed to get a 10cm one in the Go Outdoors sale a few years ago, super comfy and even better on a decathlon base 

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Get a self inflating mattress! Managed to get a 10cm one in the Go Outdoors sale a few years ago, super comfy and even better on a decathlon base 

Had one once. It was useless. Impossible to stay on the thing.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

In the old days when I used to drink, I'd bring in a couple of bottles of Gin (decanted into plastic bottles) and a few bottles of tonic water and a spare empty bottle. I'd make up a G&T mix in the spare bottle to go out with. One lovely sunny Saturday I picked up the wrong bottle (neat Gin) and headed over to somewhere East Holts way to watch some Reggae, soon realised my mistake, but carried on drinking anyway.

Soon found my self totally pissed and headed back to find some "chemical help" or I wouldn't have made it past about 10pm. While stumbling past the Other Stage I noticed the LAs playing "There She Goes". Foolishly I started shouting "one hit wonders". Very quickly a group of rather angry Scousers rounded on me and I had to leg it.

Re: mattresses. Have you thought about an army cot? I have friends who swear by them. 

I am a mattress guy myself and get a great sleep on my exped ultra. Not cheap but crazy small and light for packing.

Just now, maelzoid said:

Re: mattresses. Have you thought about an army cot? I have friends who swear by them. 

I am a mattress guy myself and get a great sleep on my exped ultra. Not cheap but crazy small and light for packing.

Think you're quoting the wrong person here.

3 hours ago, maelzoid said:

I haven't bought them yet, but want these for my hiking boots...

image.thumb.png.40cfe7262b39e6103e720d82878289ad.png

Especially if it's going to be muddy. Anyone else got views or reviews?

I've got them on all of my festival footwear. They're good, and definitely reduce the impact of muddy laces.

Only notes are - because they're elasticated, it's quite easy to thread them in too tight- if this happens you'll be in agony all day so be careful (and if it does happen, it's difficult to fix unless you've left masses of flex just in case).

And if your boots are a decent size then get the "for boots" ones, as the regular ones may come up a bit short otherwise.

4 hours ago, maelzoid said:

Thanks. Useful for my son who has a hydration pack for cycling