Glastonbury chat room

Crazyfool01

22 hours ago, MrZigster said:

Love The Cabaret Tent. Raining? Nothing else on takes your fancy? Cabaret Tent.

Couldnt agree more! Its the standard go-to if you need to fill a gap. The standard of performer is excellent, most acts i havent heard of have been at least good and in many cases wonderful! 

Another couple of thoughts regarding The Cabaret Tent:

During the big name acts, when it gets so packed that it's "full", and there are people standing outside at the entrances/exits straining to hear what's going on (thanks unnecessarily loud sound bleed from Mavericks/Attention Seekers etc.(why the fuck do they always seem to be louder than the main stage in the field? Madness)). I know beforehand the comperes generally ask people to shuffle forward to make more room, but they could fit a hell of a lot more people in if, at the start of said big names set, said big name pointed out that if everybody in the tent stood up off of their arses they could probably accommodate everybody outside straining to hear. It'll only be thirty minutes, forty max. (The fire stewards may have something to say about that though). No one is sitting down all set in The Acoustic if it's rammed are they.

Also, still don't get why it still doesn't have the same kind of tiered seating at the back a la Astrolabe. (Possibly because everyone would gravitate to a seat for everything and the floor space would be empty for most acts. Much bigger floor space/distance to stage than Astrolabe).

Edited by MrZigster

I'm a massive fan of The Cabaret Tent and have spent hours in there, usually ending the day with the last few sets given it goes on til the wee hours. 

Last year, however, it felt like it had run its course a bit. This was especially so during a painful set from Steven Hughes (I think that's his name) who thought it a good idea to use his time to moan aloud how he assumed he'd be cancelled from the likes of Glasto and was amazed he had the call to perform, interspersed with asking how long he had left. Complete tosspot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

As long as they arnt banning hats of a certain size😉

It’s hopefully something that might help festival attendes 🙂 . Will have to see how it goes . It doesn’t relate to hats 🎩 

Edited by Crazyfool01

• 1 month later...

Folks - I organise small festivals and gigs for bands of friends and family and they're always a blast. IF any of you are in Glasgow this Saturday I'd love to see you here. Only £7 on the door of Ivory Blacks r you can get a ticket here,  https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Glasgow/Ivory-Blacks/P-in-the-Dark/36265123/