Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

24 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

TBF this is probably now the one announcement I'm waiting on.  The already announced food vendors and acts has enough in it to keep me happy.  I now want to know what the site's gonna be like and work out if we need to change camping spot.

Yes, the map is going to be interesting and needs close analysis by us all. 

I've no firm information, but I suspect now that Melvin and the top FR/LN people are looking at the crowd management plans, I suspect a lot of changes will be down to that. 

Last year there was several head people there looking at various areas as u bumped into a few of them. 

As long as the indie bands that usually play WG have a new home to play at, I'm ok with a transformation of that area.  Maybe Strummerville needs a bigger stage and can absorb some?  More of those bands at the Rabbit Hole? Double duty on BBC Introducing? 

I like the idea of Cineramaggedon, but I dont think we need both that and the Pilton Palais.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Personally I think after all these years there should be an 'Efests' stage. Pull together all the suggestions in here with the whole community mucking in to get contacts and bookings.

A stage run by the people, for the people 🤣

Yeah! And with an eFest Mosh Pit! 

2 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

Personally I think after all these years there should be an 'Efests' stage. Pull together all the suggestions in here with the whole community mucking in to get contacts and bookings.

Can I be in charge of an afternoon of funk/soul/disco please? I’d fucking smash it.

15 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Can I be in charge of an afternoon of funk/soul/disco please? I’d fucking smash it.

Can I join you please? I’m trying desperately to get to dj in a crew bar/ bar anywhere onsite. I’ve played at local festivals before and I’m at the farm again this year.

Edited by westholtschic

12 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Can I join you please? I’m trying desperately to get to dj in a crew bar/ bar anywhere onsite. I’ve played at local festivals before and I’m at the farm again this year.

Even if nothing is planned, its worth asking on the day when you're there. Last year my mate who's a DJ asked the manager of the Tow and Hitch on the Tuesday evening if there was a possibility of getting to do a set - he ended up playing 4+ hours that night, culminating in an extended b2b with the manager 😅

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Whilst sinking 3 or 5 pints at my local gay bar last night we got to talking about how great it would be if there was a little tent that just did drag cabaret at Glastonbury.  Can I put in for a late afternoon of drag queens singing and being bitchy please?

It does seem a little under represented at the festival tbh. I’d pop in!

On 3/19/2023 at 11:01 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

It seems to make people furious. I don't know what they think is going to replace it if it vanishes.

It just seems like a lot of expense for not much, but everyone saying how much they love it changes my mind a little bit.

I still think it was bad value for money, but most of it is spent now, so might as well crack on.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

1 hour ago, Leyrulion said:

Whilst sinking 3 or 5 pints at my local gay bar last night we got to talking about how great it would be if there was a little tent that just did drag cabaret at Glastonbury.  Can I put in for a late afternoon of drag queens singing and being bitchy please?

Late night at Circus Big Top usually has a show you might like, not sure about this year though, have to wait for the line-up

7 hours ago, waltere said:

Even if nothing is planned, its worth asking on the day when you're there. Last year my mate who's a DJ asked the manager of the Tow and Hitch on the Tuesday evening if there was a possibility of getting to do a set - he ended up playing 4+ hours that night, culminating in an extended b2b with the manager 😅

Thank you so much 

Williams Green is our go to place on a night.  It’s our meet up

place. The only tent we can have a good dance to Northern Soul and Guikty pleasures and it’s always packed with people dancing. Great atmosphere. I will be gutted if the dancing goes.

I usually pop in to WG to see a few sets over the weekend. Given its central position ot allows a quick transfer to loads of other stages - watched Jane Weaver last year then 7 or 8 mins later was just behind the Pyramid repeaters near the sound desk to see Noel G sing out his set with Don't Look Back in Anger in prep for Macca. Will miss that convenience but hoping for an open air thing to take place of the tent.

12 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

Maceos any time of day/night. But yeah more seriously I have seen it but not a venue just for that.

Edited by giantkatestacks

I wonder if more will be done with BBC Introducing now it has a new home? That area now has a mini Williams Green feel in itself and keeping it going into the night rather than putting it to bed so early, could be a way of rehoming some of the slots lost from WG (if it goes). Or is there an obvious reason why it can't be used?

2 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

I wonder if more will be done with BBC Introducing now it has a new home? That area now has a mini Williams Green feel in itself and keeping it going into the night rather than putting it to bed so early, could be a way of rehoming some of the slots lost from WG (if it goes). Or is there an obvious reason why it can't be used?

No reason not to, I've said for a while now that making better use of stages throughout the day rather than have some closing as others open would be a way to save money and not lose any of the experience.

17 hours ago, Bike_Like_A_Mum said:

happy to curate a metal/prog rock element on the efests stage - probably metal for aliterative reasons, can bill myself as Mungo's Metal Madness 😄

7 minutes ago, mungo57 said:

happy to curate a metal/prog rock element on the efests stage - probably metal for aliterative reasons, can bill myself as Mungo's Metal Madness 😄

Hi mate, got any Rush? Can you put on a 2am slot of the whole of 2112 please? 

• Upvote 1