Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

11 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Williams green in its current format as in the current tent is gone … we don’t know the exact replacement or wether there will be a stage there currently but we do know there will be some of the cars there . As for overcrowding there we can’t quite figure what the result of the changes might be …. Obviously these people would go somewhere else that had music so potentially congestion might just move elsewhere . Like baggy Mondays which was also madly busy in the park 

I find the decision to get ride of WG completely quite amazing given how popular it was. Whatever they've got planned, I hope the site spread is a lot more balanced this year and for the future. Obv, people need to go somewhere, but if it's only around WG and the Park that's when the problems arise.

Just now, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I find the decision to get ride of WG completely quite amazing given how popular it was. Whatever they've got planned, I hope the site spread is a lot more balanced this year and for the future. Obv, people need to go somewhere, but if it's only around WG and the Park that's when the problems arise.

Yeah I’m really intrigued to see the map this year 

6 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Don’t know only ever went to the one in Silver Hayes. Was a fantastic night for our crowd normally and was upset it wasn’t there last year.

Think it impacted the site hugely on the Thursday night last year.

I remember they used to have one in the Park which we went consecutive years. Was a great alternative to going all the way to the SE Corner and it felt like you could easily nip in and out for people who wanted to dance and have fun without the total carnage of the SE Corner.

11 minutes ago, westholtschic said:

Don’t know only ever went to the one in Silver Hayes. Was a fantastic night for our crowd normally and was upset it wasn’t there last year.

Think it impacted the site hugely on the Thursday night last year.

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

I remember they used to have one in the Park which we went consecutive years. Was a great alternative to going all the way to the SE Corner and it felt like you could easily nip in and out for people who wanted to dance and have fun without the total carnage of the SE Corner.

I thought it was just because of covid that they were missing? 

2 minutes ago, stuie said:

I thought it was just because of covid that they were missing? 

Yeah, perhaps that's true, although I thought I'd read somewhere there was no silent disco either in 2019. I hope it makes a return, it's a great concept to have a bop for an hour or so before moving on somewhere else.

4 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Yeah, perhaps that's true, although I thought I'd read somewhere there was no silent disco either in 2019. I hope it makes a return, it's a great concept to have a bop for an hour or so before moving on somewhere else.

There was definitely a silent disco somewhere in 2019. Either in or near Cineramageddon? Memories a bit hazy but I definitely went to one on the Wednesday

6 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Hopefully that’s the case . Did other festivals drop them ? Would love a silent disco in woodsies as that’s right by base camp 

Wilderness introduced one in 2021, so covid can't take be a reason. I don't know whether it existed last year as I didn't go, but was very busy in 2021

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Hopefully that’s the case . Did other festivals drop them ? Would love a silent disco in woodsies as that’s right by base camp 

I don’t go to any other festivals that have them tbh. Actually, wasn’t there one as part of Cineramageddon last year anyway? The one missing from Silver Hayes might have been due to the change of team running the field I guess.

47 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

Yeah I’m really intrigued to see the map this year 

Me too! Really hope they replace Cineramageddon as I’m camping in Sticklinch and not only is it the nearest bar, it would be a great end of night venue for that corner. Alternatively access from their to the park at the top end (rather than through Arcadia) would be welcomed 

56 minutes ago, rwoo said:

There was definitely a silent disco somewhere in 2019. Either in or near Cineramageddon? Memories a bit hazy but I definitely went to one on the Wednesday

There was definitely one in Silver Hayes in 2019 as I was in it till 0430 😂

277F0632-58DA-4A10-A138-7AB18556E5E3.jpeg

Edited by westholtschic
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Me too! Really hope they replace Cineramageddon as I’m camping in Sticklinch and not only is it the nearest bar, it would be a great end of night venue for that corner. Alternatively access from their to the park at the top end (rather than through Arcadia) would be welcomed 

from @Gnomicide

When is the New Map Out? By Date:

20 January 2010: New map released 8 March 2011: Updated map released 16 April 2019: New Map released 19 April 2015: Updated map released 23 April 2016: New map released 27 April 2017: New Map 4 May 2022: New Map 1 June 2013: Updated map released 8 June 2009: New Map 16 June 2014: Updated map released

3 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

from @Gnomicide

When is the New Map Out? By Date:

20 January 2010: New map released 8 March 2011: Updated map released 16 April 2019: New Map released 19 April 2015: Updated map released 23 April 2016: New map released 27 April 2017: New Map 4 May 2022: New Map 1 June 2013: Updated map released 8 June 2009: New Map 16 June 2014: Updated map released

Ugh ages then if there’s going to be changes

5 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

With Woodsies and the Wood right there, and the white area at the back of the JP Tent on the 2022 map (I can't for the life of me remember what that white area is used for?!),

John Peel staff camping. 

You can see there's quite a lot options they could do with that area if they start moving fields and things about. 

Technically from that map woodsies is where hospitality is now, so curious to see if they're shifting to a new field or just using that name for John Peel because it's close to it. 

Screenshot_20230402-134445.png

36 minutes ago, mike46 said:

Do we reckon they’ll take out some camping at the back of the pyramid like they did for the Stones? Can see Elton having similar crowds, especially with Sunday ticket holders too 

I don't think they ever put it back.

2 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

John Peel staff camping. 

You can see there's quite a lot options they could do with that area if they start moving fields and things about. 

Technically from that map woodsies is where hospitality is now, so curious to see if they're shifting to a new field or just using that name for John Peel because it's close to it. 

Screenshot_20230402-134445.png

I was thinking the same. On old maps the JP field is called Upper Mead. So maybe putting more stuff up there and expanding into Woodsies and calling the whole area Woodsies. To me that makes more sense than just calling the tent Woodsies. 

7 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

When it comes to the licensing for Wed/Thurs and the main stages, is it calculated by decibels? Would they potentially be able to have a toned down volume for the first couple of days before amping it up again for Fri onwards?

On thursday last year you couldnt even hear the soundsystem of The Glade if you werent inside the tent structure. So its already low to begin with. The overall issue with having music on a larger stage on thursday is that there is nothing else happening so itll be rammed no matter what. I mean it would make sense to have something at The Park because tons of people go watch the Sunset and would be on the hill already. But balancing it with something people would like and being well enough known is tough. Not as if they could have Bastille do that sort of thing and not expect half the festival to turn up.

Edited by Suprefan

2 hours ago, Losing my hair said:

I was thinking the same. On old maps the JP field is called Upper Mead. So maybe putting more stuff up there and expanding into Woodsies and calling the whole area Woodsies. To me that makes more sense than just calling the tent Woodsies. 

I think there's something that could be done by removing the lower mead* camping and rearranging silver hayes and San Remo so it feels more together.

Right now there's loads of space at silver Hayes with that huge walkway through the middle, and then San Remo and JP sort of on their own.

*You'd add some camping back in either through space saved from moving a stage out of silver Hayes or reclaimed from where the JP tent is now if that moved. 

Screenshot_20230402-165027.thumb.png.9e6c15c21462db67ccca170f24028542.png

Edited by Leyrulion

3 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

I think there's something that could be done by removing the lower mead* camping and rearranging silver hayes and San Remo so it feels more together.

Right now there's loads of space at silver Hayes with that huge walkway through the middle, and then San Remo and JP sort of on their own.

*You'd add some camping back in either through space saved from moving a stage out of silver Hayes or reclaimed from where the JP tent is now if that moved. 

Screenshot_20230402-165027.thumb.png.9e6c15c21462db67ccca170f24028542.png

Don't suggest that to @Crazyfool01, that's where he camps 😂

4 minutes ago, Losing my hair said:

Don't suggest that to @Crazyfool01, that's where he camps 😂

I don’t worry untill I see the map …. The area around there has had various rejigs over the years … the jp tent used to be right down by the entrance to silver Hayes back in the day . And hospitality now seems to have far more in that area … can always move further back towards pyramid . Will be fine …. Starts panicking