Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

19 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Not to mention, there's already one cinema tent on the farm. Why need two?

Doesn't make much sense to me either.

I think the 2nd one was meant to be more arty docu series kinda thing. Not sure it ever took off, but maybe it only was meant to have a shelf life of 4 years before evolving into something else. New things is what keeps us coming back!

18 hours ago, SGS said:

Since 2007 the area for the crew and performers to camp in has been reduced by more than 50% they now push people up here

we always camp on Big Ground, and it was getting to the point that even (as a normal punter) getting to Big Ground at 8am on Wednesday it was basically impossible to squeeze any more tents on there... a couple years later i overheard someone saying that they'd banned any crew from camping on BG because of that.. would that have been 2007?

16 hours ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Not to mention, there's already one cinema tent on the farm. Why need two?

Doesn't make much sense to me either.

Don't forget the Groovy Movie Solar Cinema. Not sure if it was there in 2022 but it was there before that. Also the Sol Cinema.

Edited by Johnnyseven

19 hours ago, e_p said:

Go to a festival to watch a film. Never understood it. Huge amount of effort to set it up, for little reason in my opinion. 

It's good for families during the day when they want to rest their children from things. And I have had some really fun times late at night after the main acts have finished, going to watch a 1am showing of Rocky Horror, Ghostbusters or some other cult film with packed crowds joining in with all the famous quotes etc. And on the Thursday evening I have been to a few UK Premieres with people like Brad Pitt and Tilda Swinton appearing to introduce their films. That's the great thing about Glastonbury, something for everyone.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Don't forget the Groovy Movie Solar Cinema. Not sure if it was there in 2022 but it was there before that. Also the Sol Cinema.

Wasn't there in 2002.

It was sold a good few years back. No idea what happened to it.

11 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Groovy Movie not been there since, I think 2017.

Sadly we lost Moffers who ran it, a good old mate. 

It was sold to a guy called Felix who has it at Glastonbury for one year but it didn't work out and it hasn't been back since. 

47 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

Don't forget the Groovy Movie Solar Cinema. Not sure if it was there in 2022 but it was there before that. 

GM always shows some great counterculture stuff which is great to watch late on when you on the wind-down. Hoping it will be there this year.

1 hour ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Groovy Movie not been there since, I think 2017.

Sadly we lost Moffers who ran it, a good old mate. 

It was sold to a guy called Felix who has it at Glastonbury for one year but it didn't work out and it hasn't been back since. 

Didn't realise it had been gone that long. A mate had a film shown there in 2016 that he'd made about another mate of ours, we all went on the Thursday afternoon for it's premiere, it was great fun.  

6 hours ago, sime said:

It's good for families during the day when they want to rest their children from things. And I have had some really fun times late at night after the main acts have finished, going to watch a 1am showing of Rocky Horror, Ghostbusters or some other cult film with packed crowds joining in with all the famous quotes etc. And on the Thursday evening I have been to a few UK Premieres with people like Brad Pitt and Tilda Swinton appearing to introduce their films. That's the great thing about Glastonbury, something for everyone.

This. Been to see Finding Dory, and of course Shaun the Sheep. My profile pic is a crop from a photo taken there in 2015 (iirc).

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

No it won't be .

See my previous post ^

RIP Moffers. Amazing how much fun he gave so many people with that set up. Really sad to hear.

Edit: I wonder if his most excellent collection of counterculture films/vids was preserved?

Edited by Breeze

16 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Hattie has said that she's going to upload them somewherrand make them available eventually. 

Haven't seen Hattie in years

It's quite likely I feature on at least one of these.

Edited by Skip997

21 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Hattie has said that she's going to upload them somewherrand make them available eventually. 

Good to hear Sawdusty! V&A have a Glastonbury archive ongoing. They may even be able to assist with this if Hattie was Ok going that route. Just a thought.

It feels like something as culturally significant as GM deserves preservation in honour of Moffers' vision. I would be genuinely happy to help if help was needed. 

TBH to me GM feels like something GFL themselves should have bought and maintained. A real shame to lose it. How long was it there? 30 years? I don't remember it *not* being there. 

• Like 1

A new venue in silver Hayes puts it back at 4 venues, same as in 2019 with a new art thing. Doesn't suggest big changes to the footprint. 

So the big unknowns are:

What they do with woodsies, (is it just a name change?)

Is Cinerarmageddon going a precursor to some shifting about with arcadia for crowd issues. 

What's going where Williams green was?

anything else? 

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

A new venue in silver Hayes puts it back at 4 venues, same as in 2019 with a new art thing. Doesn't suggest big changes to the footprint. 

So the big unknowns are:

What they do with woodsies, (is it just a name change?)

Is Cinerarmageddon going a precursor to some shifting about with arcadia for crowd issues. 

What's going where Williams green was?

anything else? 

how they change the layout of the common 

4 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

other side fo the railway track bottom of pennard hill, I also think they have some over spill at the back of arcadia.

That's where I thought it was, but according to my source it's Glade side of the railway track