Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

7 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

That's where I thought it was, but according to my source it's Glade side of the railway track

I don't think there's much space behind the old Glade stage in the trees, maybe it's in the space behind where the Spaceport/Glade Lounge (is that what it was called?) used to be - to the right side when looking towards the new Glade stage. Behind where the New Bands Tent originally was.

Edited by Johnnyseven

12 minutes ago, Johnnyseven said:

I don't think there's much space behind the old Glade stage in the trees, maybe it's in the space behind where the Spaceport/Glade Lounge (is that what it was called?) used to be - to the right side when looking towards the new Glade stage. Behind where the New Bands Tent originally was.

Glade camping was just the other side of the railway track but they were moved last year, I have lots of mates who steward for them, it was a big move last year as they used to have such prime camping. Can’t see any big changes this year after all the changes last year 

14 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

They're moving, info is solid.

They may be moving camp sites again but they definitely moved last year as well. I meant I don’t think there will be any changes to the public but if the glade but let’s see. I liked the new set up last year but missed spike bar

26 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

They're moving, info is solid.

Maybe they'll spin the new glade tent around and have it facing the opposite direction.... To create more space to watch the band's/djs ? This would help with all the congestion aground the cross roads as people won't be getting in the way whilst watching 

Move it and pivot pivot 🤣

IMG_20230414_190550.jpg

Edited by gazzared

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Maybe they'll spin the new glade tent around and have it facing the opposite direction.... To create more space to watch the band's/djs ? This would help with all the congestion aground the cross roads as people won't be getting in the way whilst watching

I'm guessing it's something along those lines, certainly to create more space.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Move it and pivot pivot 🤣

IMG_20230414_190550.jpg

giphy.gif

This is the gif you are looking for.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

Not sure it would help with soundbleed into Leftfield though.

True but the sound bleed from the glade stage area in the trees, some random DJ in the spike bar and the glade tent was terrible 

9 hours ago, gazzared said:

True but the sound bleed from the glade stage area in the trees, some random DJ in the spike bar and the glade tent was terrible 

There's no spike DJ anymore. It was just a bar and listening platform for the Glade Tent last year.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

16 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

There's no spike DJ anymore. It was just a bar and listening platform for the Glade Tent last year.

They're was just a guy with 2 speakers and turntables playing Motown in the corner opposite the cocktail bar but his speakers seemed loader than Carl Cox's set up haha 

I took this vid on the Wednesday

Edited by gazzared

1 hour ago, gazzared said:

They're was just a guy with 2 speakers and turntables playing Motown in the corner opposite the cocktail bar but his speakers seemed loader than Carl Cox's set up haha 

One thing I will never get over at Glastonbury is that I went to the same Festival and never even saw this! The glade to me is a blur of passed at bodies (being attended by FMS) that we went into briefly before deciding absolutely not.

14 hours ago, gazzared said:

I take it back, standing corrected whilst eating my 🤠🤠.

I should have gone somewhere if I was going to make such confident pronouncements.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is the second photo the remnants of the helicopter that was purchased?

Looks interesting, can't wait to see what they come up with next.

thought that initially but that would be being worked on by the Arcadia team that arent based at the farm ...  so dont think theres any connection 

1 hour ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is the second photo the remnants of the helicopter that was purchased?

Looks interesting, can't wait to see what they come up with next.

Arcadia have a RN Seaking tail number xv371 … I thought that one above used to be in the south east corner somewhere but that was Westland Whirlwind Tail number XK911. More digging required 

Edited by Yeo-vile idiot
Typo

On 4/14/2023 at 5:29 PM, Leyrulion said:

A new venue in silver Hayes puts it back at 4 venues, same as in 2019 with a new art thing. Doesn't suggest big changes to the footprint. 

So the big unknowns are:

What they do with woodsies, (is it just a name change?)

Is Cinerarmageddon going a precursor to some shifting about with arcadia for crowd issues. 

What's going where Williams green was?

anything else? 

possibly SH could change to provide BBC Introducing with more space so it can be used for something more (maybe silent disco there or WG late night stuff move over). SH could cede space to Woodsies area too if they wanted, even if its just say move toilets into SH land to provide more space in an adjacent field

18 minutes ago, gfa said:

possibly SH could change to provide BBC Introducing with more space so it can be used for something more (maybe silent disco there or WG late night stuff move over). SH could cede space to Woodsies area too if they wanted, even if its just say move toilets into SH land to provide more space in an adjacent field

I don’t think they’ll move long drops… don’t think that’s happened before. 

I have a feeling BBC introducing and Williams Green tent replacement could be related.

Just now, stuie said:

I have a feeling BBC introducing and Williams Green tent replacement could be related.

BBC introducing could defo become a lot bigger of a tent, it was pretty tiny. I guess you don't really want it empty all day with no atmosphere then full for late night 

5 minutes ago, stuie said:

Obviously there's no technical reason it couldn't happen, but it wouldn't be cheap or quick as they'd need to lay proper foundations and have the concrete properly sealed to prevent leakage into the ground. Whenever the foundations are built or refurbished it's done with the intention that they'll be used for decades so it's going to be considered a long term investment.

Realistically, any changes involving something like that would have at least started well before now - it's the kind of thing you'd need to get out of the way before the build properly kicks in.