Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, Johnnyseven said:

To be fair, the state i'm usually in when I see Genosys all lit up like that I don't think i'd notice if it's all a bit mouldy and knackered.

You probably would when it collapses on you

7 hours ago, William Mann said:

With the threat of COVID last year, the design teams will have had much longer to come up with new ideas. hopefully very ambitious too...

But will they have had the budget to create their ambitious ideas? The cost of everything has gone up but the budget for their field may not have!

1 hour ago, stuie said:

But will they have had the budget to create their ambitious ideas? The cost of everything has gone up but the budget for their field may not have!

I heard from someone who really does know about these things that all this year's budgets were frozen at last years levels. 

Obviously there could be exceptions for particular new projects. 

23 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

I heard from someone who really does know about these things that all this year's budgets were frozen at last years levels. 

Obviously there could be exceptions for particular new projects. 

Blimey... I kind of expected that but hope it doesn't have too much of an impact. 

Makes me wonder how Silver Hayes have managed to bag a new venue with The Levels, which sounds pretty decent and quite major. That said, LSTD have a lot of their own staging which could be repurposed? 

3 minutes ago, stuie said:

Blimey... I kind of expected that but hope it doesn't have too much of an impact. 

Makes me wonder how Silver Hayes have managed to bag a new venue with The Levels, which sounds pretty decent and quite major. That said, LSTD have a lot of their own staging which could be repurposed? 

If it is their own staging it would mean they don't have to pay the people who built Sonic so there would be a saving there, which is nice. Lest we forget...

Screenshot_20230419_093822_Twitter.thumb.jpg.54ad4e438f876775f5397a53d0d1d6af.jpg

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

If it is their own staging it would mean they don't have to pay the people who built Sonic so there would be a saving there, which is nice. Lest we forget...

Screenshot_20230419_093822_Twitter.thumb.jpg.54ad4e438f876775f5397a53d0d1d6af.jpg

Wow. I wonder how Brexit is working out for them.

And if they regret backing Boris! 

1 minute ago, stuie said:

Wow. I wonder how Brexit is working out for them.

And if they regret backing Boris! 

They seem to be involved in building loads of other stages at Glastonbury and elsewhere so I'm sure they are doing ok. Other tweets from them since have included the Red Alert stuff and things about tax breaks though. 

2 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

They seem to be involved in building loads of other stages at Glastonbury and elsewhere so I'm sure they are doing ok. Other tweets from them since have included the Red Alert stuff and things about tax breaks though. 

Maybe they've realised they were conned like everyone else! 

16 minutes ago, rwoo said:

LSTD has some cool stages but I’ve never had a good time at LSTD so I hope Silver Hayes doesn’t just become a mini LSTD. 

Glasto isn't an inner city uni fest. it will be fine

• 2 weeks later...