Site Changes 2023

Crazyfool01

1 hour ago, e2p2 said:

Why would you worry about the Temple? Didn't the Temple prize replaced the Arcadia Button thingy in the prize draw ruffle?

https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/win-glastonbury-tickets-support-turkey-syria-oxfam

It's there as the 10th prize.

Did this ever have the Spider on it as a prize?

Pretty sure that was just the Trussle Trust ebay bidding one rather than the Syria crowdunder raffle...

Otherwise there would have been two Arcadia button prizes 

ie this one - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/285132386606?amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAAwMpheUPReh470eVvdPGU14yHhGKNEwJ60DbzXfMyDuQ5iZPRHxWs7%2FljynOjB36uhcQxar7CsktrK%2Bqvju%2FlO2HTN18HIl3sWLt3ORHXYzoUiMbch3iZbpWuupArAKZGajRw5YRBSBUVXcGh6QZ%2FaFPBJjpNjwYQAHSNrXCKiy8f6h5J%2BWHxb4In%2BnTWfzhAmcIQytzM0DYeqCcGUfq%2F7DOfMMPStRMoTRggibyfI14vI40kFUsJkZeRpdnQljRQeQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR57ZmvzsYQ

Further to this - and I know this website isn't liked in these parts, but as evidence -

https://www.glastofestfeed.com/news/competitions/win-glastonbury-2023-tickets-oxfam-prize-draw/

What I assume is just a copy and past job, the article dated 15th of Feb has 10th Prize as a prize in The Common and no mention of Arcadia

Wires crossed

As you were with The Spider 🕷️

Edited by leath02

35 minutes ago, leath02 said:

Further to this - and I know this website isn't liked in these parts, but as evidence -

https://www.glastofestfeed.com/news/competitions/win-glastonbury-2023-tickets-oxfam-prize-draw/

What I assume is just a copy and past job, the article dated 15th of Feb has 10th Prize as a prize in The Common and no mention of Arcadia

Wires crossed

Yeah the auction had the spider, the raffle had the common.

2 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Loving this thread, if only for the many different spellings of Cinemarmarmarmarmarmggedon 🤣

ive got an excuse my keyboard is faulty and gives me double letters ..... I then just give up as I haven't got the foggiest the correct spelling 🙂 

27 minutes ago, ICGenie said:

Loving this thread, if only for the many different spellings of Cinemarmarmarmarmarmggedon 🤣

I think Cinemaagonna is the correct spelling 🙂

Cineramagonna

Edited by gazzared
edit I spelt the first bit wrong ha

After all this i bet there arent many changes beyond cinerarmageddon going and woodsies being very slightly reconfigured in layout.

the only really big question mark is williams green and what is going to replace it

silver hayes may get a slight re-jig as it does every year but should still have the same overall footprint

5 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

After all this i bet there arent many changes beyond cinerarmageddon going and woodsies being very slightly reconfigured in layout.

the only really big question mark is williams green and what is going to replace it

silver hayes may get a slight re-jig as it does every year but should still have the same overall footprint

Layout changes in the common too ... 

22 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

The only footprint shift I could see is something happening around arcadia as a result of the crowding last year. 

No major new areas on the cards, although it would be a nice surprise! 

We did get a new area last year with BBC introducing in its own field but it was criminally under used.

On 4/9/2023 at 9:59 PM, leath02 said:

Wires crossed

What's the beef with GFF?

2 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Had it confirmed that Carhenge is happening.

It was extraordinarily good and completely groundbreaking in '87. Blew me away. 

No doubt that it will be as good or likely even better this year.

Ooh more detail please! What was it, an installation? Loved the crushing hand of 2014

2 minutes ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

Ooh more detail please! What was it, an installation? Loved the crushing hand of 2014

6 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Yeah, this is exciting. With a sound system some DJs and some lights would be good

32 minutes ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

The single best night in the history of Glastonbury festival.

Edited by Skip997
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Skip997 said:

The single best night in the history of Glastonbury festival.

1990 called. 

"A six-month tour of the UK was launched with a headline appearance at Glastonbury Festival, becoming the only non-music act ever to be given this status. Their spectacular kicked off with Didier’s high wire walk to the apex of the Pyramid Stage and ended with explosions and a pair of stunt cars plummeting thirty metres to the ground. Archaos is the only company in Glastonbury’s history to have performed on three successive nights on the Pyramid Stage."

http://archaos.info/pages/?id=14

• Like 1