Your Glastonbury Breakfast - Official Thread 2023

Jacko45

Always used to be fresh fruit and Veggie Full English from stalls at the Greenpeace field, then pop over the track for coffee at the Tiny Tea Tent for me and a NormaliTea  for the missus. But for the first time ever I'm not going with the missus, and also going childfree for the first time in 10 years so i have no idea what i'm doing this time around.

Lebanese mezze in the Park did a quite nice vegan shakshuka last year. Tofu scramble was pretty beginner but the rest of it was great.

Best one we had was sausages mash and gravy with little crispy onions on top. Lovely mash, moving through your body, enveloping and consuming all the hangover like The Thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The new Sri Lankan place in the Other was doing hoppers for breakfast last year, which are in the same ballpark.

Must have missed it last year. Not massive on eggs but if they do kottu I’ll be straight over, that stuff is perfect for a hangover

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Lebanese mezze in the Park did a quite nice vegan shakshuka last year. Tofu scramble was pretty beginner but the rest of it was great.

Best one we had was sausages mash and gravy with little crispy onions on top. Lovely mash, moving through your body, enveloping and consuming all the hangover like The Thing.

Ooh I do like a shakshuka

Generally for breakfast I go with smallest queue so usually end up not eating traditional breakfast fare. Last year I had poutine/ pizza etc. It's usually about brunch time rather than breakfast time proper before I am looking for something so I figure anything goes.

7 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Ooh, I like the sound of that. I do like Sri Lankan food but never heard of kottu before. That's on the list to try.

Had it pretty much every day in Sri Lanka for breakfast/lunch, though it's more of a dinner thing there. Top of the list for Sri Lankan food, outstanding stuff.

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2023 at 2:07 PM, philipsteak said:

I'm in a van so freshly ground coffee (I take a grinder. Yeah, I know a lot of you take a grinder. I don't mean that kind), orange juice, scrambled eggs on toast, maybe halloumi, some tomatoes, toast. I'm not veggie but it's a very small van so don't fancy cooking bacon. It'd stink the place out. Or if I'm in more of a rush, a porridge pot or pain au chocolate or similar. Or if I'm really in a rush, a cereal bar. And fruit too.

Gonna have to rethink though this year. Newly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes (and trying for remission) so the fruit juice, toast, cereal bars etc are out. The eggs and what have you will be fine and looking for more easy low carb stuff to do. And for the rest of the meals too. Any suggestions gratefully received (that includes from stalls). Snacks on shift will be the hardest. Haribo has got me through many a night shift 

Do you have a fridge in your van? I love having crustless quiche ready to go, can be for breakfast/lunch.  I have been on and off keto for a while so sometimes just have a butter coffee which keeps me going. Could have an avocado with some seeds/nuts/chilli flakes mixed in.

I am sure there used to be a stall at Glastonbury called Big Fat Salad boxes or something similar which did a great breakfast. Havent seen it in years - anyone else heard of it?

On 4/2/2023 at 8:16 PM, Wherethewildthingsare said:

It’s gotta be Berocca Boost - it’s the guarana! Add a hydration tablet and you’re a new person!

Guarana is a great thing - I used to get these..

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/shop/product/vitabiotics-wellwoman-energy-orange-flavour-effervescent-tablets-60011890?skuid=011890&utm_campaign=shopping&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&gclid=CjwKCAjw4ZWkBhA4EiwAVJXwqaYIZX26vQTOGwdZM65eu7smUwPTU2d9CnmlAz00a1rayv9r9bTDyRoCjB8QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

32 minutes ago, mandana said:

Do you have a fridge in your van? I love having crustless quiche ready to go, can be for breakfast/lunch.  I have been on and off keto for a while so sometimes just have a butter coffee which keeps me going. Could have an avocado with some seeds/nuts/chilli flakes mixed in.

I am sure there used to be a stall at Glastonbury called Big Fat Salad boxes or something similar which did a great breakfast. Havent seen it in years - anyone else heard of it?

Not a proper fridge but I've got a powered cool box and a solar panel so it can keep stuff pretty cool.

Avocado is a good shout.

Snacks is going to be variations on nuts, seeds, roasted beans and chickpeas. Recently discovered roasted broad beans. So good. Possibly no good for keto but fine for what I want 

4 hours ago, The Clearest Blue said:

Has anyone ever seen anywhere on site that does iced coffees? If it’s warm it would be nicer than hot coffee I reckon, and I’m bring hazelnut vodka that would be superb in iced coffee!

There was one in West Holts on the Latina side the last couple of years, and the hot nuts stand on the top corner of William's Green did it as well. Don't think it's too rare on site tho, those are the two spots I remember but there's a few all around the joint. Really nice in the heat. I don't start boozing until the heat eases off in the afternoon these days, what with me delicate constitution.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, The Nal said:

I still remember my reaction the year Yeo Valley didn't come back

Hitler's Rant - Original Video with English Subtitles: Film = Downfall/Der  Untergang - HD animated gif

I used to work for a company that supplied Yeo Valley with machinery bits, so I was in regular contact with them - they sent me an absolute stack of vouchers for free festival yoghurt, basically for me and everyone who was there with me - must’ve got through at least two big pots a day each. Wonderful stuff and I still miss them too, I’d even happily pay 😊