williams green ... carhenge

Crazyfool01

3 minutes ago, Riggins said:

I'm so confused - flicked through some pages but can't make sense. So WG gone - but is there going to be a replacement in terms of a stage that houses up and coming/smaller bands? 

Not in the WG area, no. Whether there is something elsewhere I'm not sure. I do wonder how this is going to effect things on the Thursday, there are usually huge crowds at WG so this is only going to result in the other places that are already overcrowded on Thurs being even worse.

Just now, Cream Soda said:

Not in the WG area, no. Whether there is something elsewhere I'm not sure. I do wonder how this is going to effect things on the Thursday, there are usually huge crowds at WG so this is only going to result in the other places that are already overcrowded on Thurs being even worse.

Yup.

5 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

It'll be party central at Carhenge, looking at the cars on top of other cars

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Cream Soda said:

Thanks - hoping so otherwise would be a great shame. And I went to some great disco party there on Thurs last year after the secret band things which was fantastic, hope that's elsewhere.

It’s the loss of the late night acts like  guilty pleasures, club de fromage, ultimate power etc for me. Amazing alternatives to dance music late at night that have given me some of my best memories. I really hope they have another space 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

51 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

It’s the loss of the late night acts like  guilty pleasures, club de fromage, ultimate power etc for me. Amazing alternatives to dance music late at night that have given me some of my best memories. I really hope they have another space 

This. One thousand times this.

• Upvote 1

On 5/12/2023 at 2:01 PM, Reckoner said:

This is exactly how me and my group of friends feel! Williams Green was great for the mass gatherings on Thursdays and the late night singalongs to Club De Fromage, Guilty Pleasures, Ultimate Power, Button Down Disco, Northern Soul, Motown, etc. 

There are thousands of Glasto goers who love to party till the sun comes up who aren't into what the SE Corner has to offer, and Williams Green was a safe, unpretentious haven for those of us  who crave 'Cheese not Beats' post-midnight.

Hopefully there will be another area that picks this up, (Sensation Seekers is the only place I can think of onsite currently that has a field large enough for something similar after hours) otherwise the festival has made a major error taking that late night entertainment option away. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

This is exactly how me and my group of friends feel! Williams Green was great for the mass gatherings on Thursdays and the late night singalongs to Club De Fromage, Guilty Pleasures, Ultimate Power, Button Down Disco, Northern Soul, Motown, etc. 

There are thousands of Glasto goers who love to party till the sun comes up who aren't into what the SE Corner has to offer, and Williams Green was a safe, unpretentious haven for those of us  who crave 'Cheese not Beats' post-midnight.

Hopefully there will be another area that picks this up, (Sensation Seekers is the only place I can think of onsite currently that has a field large enough for something similar after hours) otherwise the festival has made a major error taking that late night entertainment option away. 

Guilty Pleasures will most likely be there this year, although Club de Fromage won't sadly (according to their twitter page).

Would also be good to see Baggy Mondays add a late-night set.  I went along to Stonebridge last year on Thursday afternoon for their set... but it was rammed outside the tent, nevermind inside, so went elsewhere sadly!  Oh well... full line-up less than two weeks away, so fingers crossed for some cheese-not-beats post-midnight! 🙂

9 hours ago, Sawdusty surfer said:

Let's wait and see... 

I don't really have anything against car henge as a thing, it's the removal of a stage that for me offered some of the best music at Glastonbury to accomodate it which irks

Had it just replaced cinearmageddon, I'd have not been bothered, one installation for another seems a more logical swap.

Just now, BBC7BBCHEAVEN said:

Had it just replaced cinearmageddon, I'd have not been bothered, one installation for another seems a more logical swap.

Carhenge 2.0 is being located in the wrong area. It should be in Unfairground and used as part of a stage, hosting old school festival bands.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, Harmonic Prospector said:

A lot of that stuff used to be at Stonebridge I think? Not sure if it was late night though.