The Common 2023

stuie

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Feels like the influence in terms of budget may have shifted to Team Love, responsible for Silver Hayes. I'd be interested to see how Arcadia, Block 9 and San Remo are lined up. Don't get me wrong, there's still some big hitters announced so far but maybe 2023 is the year that we stumble across a lesser known act/artist on their way up to better things. 

Still think it's very light for the techno heads. What is it, are DnB DJs cheaper or something?! 

They might be looking to spread more of the crowd over to Silver Hayes by putting better quality acts on there. Might alleviate some of the crowding down in the south east corner.

2 hours ago, Skip997 said:

The one I was hoping for is a lesser known name from Bristol, DJ Dazee. I saw her before Andy C a couple of years back. She blew him away.

She was on in the Unfairground last time. Seems likely she’ll get a set somewhere over the weekend.

3 hours ago, Skip997 said:

Any proper genuine old school jungle/DnB in that line up?

Not that I can see...

Last Sunday I went to Quest "Back to the roots" in Wolverhampton. It was epic.... I'm sure you would have loved it....

3 hours ago, bennyhana22 said:

Obviously, the issue on everyone's mind is...what is happening with the Genosys venue/project???!!!

Ben

3 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

If they resurrect Genosys, all is forgiven. I don't hold out much hope though, sadly. The replacement bus is probably now an Ice Cream Van. 

That said, I did see that "Mr Whompy" was up for sale...

I wonder what happened to London Underground? Maybe they threw the set away but if not, could it be repurposed? Maybe as an outside stage like our beloved Genosys.

3 hours ago, anditmakesmesmile said:

Not complete but a couple of tracks from most. Where possible the most recent and the most played (on spotify)

Can't seem to find it on Spotify. Want to send to son. It doesn't seem to take me to my spot account when I click on link. No doubt I am doing something very ludditey 

41 minutes ago, stuie said:

I wonder what happened to London Underground? Maybe they threw the set away but if not, could it be repurposed? Maybe as an outside stage like our beloved Genosys.

Oooh. That's such a good idea! I loved the LU structure. Was in there failing to manage to dance to dubstep in 2015 and it was hotter than the surface of the sun!

Ben

3 minutes ago, Twiggy553 said:

What capacity has temple been in previous years?

probably not changed much its a pretty fixed structure ... it was a question posed by someone that DAN answered .... I missed his full name sadly but he did recommend efests as a great place for info .... So hi Dan if you are reading :)\ 

6 minutes ago, Sasperella2 said:

This totem news isn't great. Mainly because Temple was so impossible to get into last year.... Surely that's just going to make that worse? 

I think the strength of SH shows an attempt to split the night time traffic somewhat.